JOS'S POST MATCH INTERVIEW!

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's great to hear comments like that about the young keepers. They must both be delighted to hear the manager heaping such high praise on them.

I bet Westwood was thinkin' "ooh f.ook"................ though lol

He's right though..... Dawson today...Wildsmith apart from the one rickett any keeper could make....WE have 3 keepers who could probably walk into most sides in the Championship and half in the Prem....

You watch when all 3 warm up....having a laugh, but doing it properly....

Andy Rhodes must take some credit.....

Think back to when we only had Lucas etc...when Tidman had to come in...worrying times....

These days.....Who's in the net...perm 1 from 3....not mithered.....

Edited by asteener1867

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I bet Westwood was thinkin' "ooh f.ook"................ though lol

He's right though..... Dawson today...Wildsmith apart from the one rickett any keeper could make....WE have 3 keepers who could probably walk into most sides in the Championship and half in the Prem....

You watch when all 3 warm up....having a laugh, but doing it properly....

Andy Rhodes must take some credit.....

Think back to when we only had Lucas etc...when Tidman had to come in...worrying times....

These days.....Who's in the net...perm 1 from 3....not mithered.....

It's a great situation to be in, isn't it?

Westwood has been great for us - probably the Championship's best keeper in recent seasons - but he now faces a real battle to regain his place when he returns.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's a great situation to be in, isn't it?

Westwood has been great for us - probably the Championship's best keeper in recent seasons - but he now faces a real battle to regain his place when he returns.

I'm starting to think the time is right to cash in.

Huge wage and way too injury prone for a keeper.

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'm starting to think the time is right to cash in.

Huge wage and way too injury prone for a keeper.

If you'd said that last season, I'd have thought you were mad. Wildsmith in particular has really stepped up this season, though, and we don't lose a great deal by playing him instead of Westwood as things stand. I imagine the gap will only continue to get smaller, too.

I almost can't believe I'm about to say it, but if a good offer came in for Westwood which allowed us to invest in another area of the team where we don't have the same strength in depth, then it might not be the worst thing.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's great to hear comments like that about the young keepers. They must both be delighted to hear the manager heaping such high praise on them.

Hes breeding confidence and its starting to show throughout the available aquad, surely the injured cant wait to get back.