Jump to content

Crowd, keepers and Reach


Recommended Posts

Just wondering when we've had a lower 5th round FA Cup attendance. Could be the lowest of the round, Rochdale apart. Also is Westwood surplus to requirements, two excellent young keepers. Big critic of Reach when he first came but have now been won over. Maybe the £6 million tag did him no favours at first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Just wondering when we've had a lower 5th round FA Cup attendance. Could be the lowest of the round, Rochdale apart. Also is Westwood surplus to requirements, two excellent young keepers. Big critic of Reach when he first came but have now been won over. Maybe the £6 million tag did him no favours at first.

Looks a bargain compared with madine  at same price,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reach has really matured into a fantastic player under Jos. 

 

I agree about Westwood . I really dont think we miss him ,and i wouldnt be agianst selling him to bring in money to spend in other areas in the summer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Just wondering when we've had a lower 5th round FA Cup attendance. Could be the lowest of the round, Rochdale apart. Also is Westwood surplus to requirements, two excellent young keepers. Big critic of Reach when he first came but have now been won over. Maybe the £6 million tag did him no favours at first.

I’ll be honest mate if these keepers keep it up haha parden the pun. I think of FFP is an issue next season whatever money we can get for weary would be good to put towards other areas of pitch. I wouldn’t grumble 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Once Westwood is “fit” again there should be a sign put up outside Hillsborough...

 

Fo sale, 1 goalkeeper only slightly used !

 

If we have to clear any players out for FFP, he should be the first on the list as we now have 2 hungary young beasts that are more than capable..

 

Which is insane to think of even 6 months ago! But as good as Westy is, Wildsmith and Dawson are both pretty good at this level with a much higher ceiling for the future.

 

I'm sure we could get a decent price for Westwood if other clubs know he's up for grabs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't sound like Westwood will play again this season. Between Wildsmith and Dawson, we've got nothing to worry about.

 

Reach is player of the season so far for me. 

 

Attendance was rubbish, especially at £15 for ST holders. £20 for others should have drawn more casual fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

Season ticket holder but didn't go. 

 

This season has been a challenge. 

 

Awaits season ticket announcement with fear.

 

I concur

 

i also thought it was a decent attendance to be fair. 

Edited by WadsleyOwl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Doesn't sound like Westwood will play again this season. Between Wildsmith and Dawson, we've got nothing to worry about.

 

Reach is player of the season so far for me. 

 

Attendance was rubbish, especially at £15 for ST holders. £20 for others should have drawn more casual fans. 

 

What even is one of these?  It was on TV, why would you pay £20 and fanny about on a Saturday morning when you can just switch on the box?

Just not bothered...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we just have to accept we are a smallish club, probably in between the sizes of the likes of QPR and Reading. Sheffield United are a bigger club and we’ll see that at the end of the season when despite having an inferior team they beat us on attendances. 

 

It’s time we accept that fact.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I think we just have to accept we are a smallish club, probably in between the sizes of the likes of QPR and Reading. Sheffield United are a bigger club and we’ll see that at the end of the season when despite having an inferior team they beat us on attendances. 

 

It’s time we accept that fact.

Are you being serious ? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...