parking tickets

27 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Police don't do parking tickets. Don't think they particularly turn a blind eye to vehicle crime just don't have any cops to police it. Thank Theresa and Scameron.

I didn't say police did parking tickets 

in terms of SCC they have vans going round picking up on anti social behaviour like flick a fag out of your car, £75.  Well if cars getting done over ain't anto social I don't know what is.

i fully agree re Cameron n May btw. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well I never knew that

All this time with a driving licence and I have literally no idea what any signs mean

lol

I passed my test and my mate told me when I turn right I need to get in the right hand lane. I did this on a single carriageway and ended up driving directly towards oncoming traffic.

It was okay though because I indicated.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

What were you doing parked outside Pulse and Cocktails? They  have a carpark round the back.

Did not want to be seen driving his taxi out of such a establishment. lol

Had a thought on all this ticket malarkey -confuse traffic wardens into thinking you already have been ticketed by putting a yellow post it note in a sandwich bag under your wiper. Never get another ticket ever! Going to write into Viz top tips with this!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Did not want to be seen driving his taxi out of such a establishment. lol

Had a thought on all this ticket malarkey -confuse traffic wardens into thinking you already have been ticketed by putting a yellow post it note in a sandwich bag under your wiper. Never get another ticket ever! Going to write into Viz top tips with this!

Stick  your own wheel clamp with fictional enforcement jargon signage written on clamp too it will appear to all the car has been "dealt with"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Stick  your own wheel clamp with fictional enforcement jargon signage written on clamp too it will appear to all the car has been "dealt with"

Better still, buy a knackered recovery lifter flat bed truck off eBay and get someone you normally lift share with to park it behind your car. Leave the lift chains dangling over your car and the orange winky pot flashing above as though it is mid-recovery and a back in 5 sign in the window-park wherever you want! lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Better still, buy a knackered recovery lifter flat bed truck off eBay and get someone you normally lift share with to park it behind your car. Leave the lift chains dangling over your car and the orange winky pot flashing above as though it is mid-recovery and a back in 5 sign in the window-park wherever you want! lol

I think I'm gonna carry on parking at wisewood  it's easier and healthier..

walk to and from ground and time to get me head right before the drive home..

22 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I didn't say police did parking tickets 

in terms of SCC they have vans going round picking up on anti social behaviour like flick a fag out of your car, £75.  Well if cars getting done over ain't anto social I don't know what is.

i fully agree re Cameron n May btw. 

I've worked with various councils and have never known them have cctv cars for people chucking fags out of the window. I've seen them for parking because it's cheaper than employing numerous parking wardens, just do a drive by. The reality is the council get complaints from the people who live in the areas that people park in for the matches. "Can't get parked outside my own house". So in order to deal with the issues of the people who elected them they send out patrols on matchday. It's not to gather coin, it's to address the electorates concerns. There's just lots of collateral damage."We ticketed 1000 cars as a result of your complaints. Please vote for us again this year". The problem is, is that since the police were deregulated from

issuing tickets, people have got away with it numerous times ergo I've parked here loads and never had an issue, now I've got a ticket. The reality is park legally you won't get one. 

Councils definitely have vans with CCTV to pick up anti social behaviour.

I wasn't parked outside any bodies house, but was parked illegally on Herries Road (as I was parked on the wide pavement (still acres of room past) but my rear wheels were (on the pavement) belong the yellow line on the carriageway.  Ive paid the £35 fine.  Hope it's well spent, like sending civil servants on a being sanctimonious course.