parking tickets

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

OK, you've convinced me.

lol

What would be the truest statement,

1) The earth is round

2) The earth is flat

3) The earth is round but it's got a lot of flat bits

Around 3% of the earths land is flat ( built on), this is probably more as some land will be flat and not built on.

The surface area of the earth which is flat is around 0.9% which is flat, but don't assume that the other is round because it's neither flat or round.

Flat and round? Got to think about relativity.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Just off to calculate the % of the earth my shed takes up as I know that is flat because they wouldn't have agreed to deliver my shed if it wasn't.

Mind it's not erected near a "No Parking" sign double or single yellows ( no matter if they are curved or flat )

You will get a ticket pal ...

no exceptions lol

I got one today on bottom of Herries Road.  I parked there today because I'd done so vs Carlisle n Reading and we'd won both cup games, so mildly superstitious and equally borne out of frustration at normally parking on Wordsworth Avenue and cars getting done.  I'll probably pay it, but not before lots of press how SCC and the police turn a blind eye to predictable attacks on cars but equally predictably target soft parking indiscretions.  

37 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Bus route though, no chance with that one, if they let you off they have too with everyone and school,zig zags and busy road not a chance.

Tullibardine though not a bus route. Common sense needs to be used not abused.

Edited by Dalian

9 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I got one today on bottom of Herries Road.  I parked there today because I'd done so vs Carlisle n Reading and we'd won both cup games, so mildly superstitious and equally borne out of frustration at normally parking on Wordsworth Avenue and cars getting done.  I'll probably pay it, but not before lots of press how SCC and the police turn a blind eye to predictable attacks on cars but equally predictably target soft parking indiscretions.  

Just go to the Council car park paint some yellow lines and then ticket loads of car

Either that or burn their offices down

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Mind it's not erected near a "No Parking" sign double or single yellows ( no matter if they are curved or flat )

You will get a ticket pal ...

no exceptions lol

They can't ticket a shed OG, it doesn't have a number plate so no traceability, they'd be better off parking the car and erecting a shed over it.

Doesn't it just pi ss you off though about these traffic wardens and private security companies.

These people who we elect to office go on to abuse the people who elected them. I'm all for rules and regulations and some people deserve all they get because they ttfp but what about the bloke or lady who wants to park his/her car and thinks it's ok but comes back to find he or she has got a ticket because the warden, employed by the councillor elected by the parker see's things differently to the person parking the car.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Where the term “the world is flat” comes from; fact that for the purposes of engineering setting out, for most jobs the curvature of the earth is not accounted for when setting out. 

Just depends on what type of engineer you are then I suppose, fact of the matter is this, where i live is flat, the place I work is flat and my shed base is flat. To all intents and purposes the world is flat, if it wasn't we'd find it very difficult to live on it, we'd be forever falling over. The world is flat, simple as that.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Where the term “the world is flat” comes from; fact that for the purposes of engineering setting out, for most jobs the curvature of the earth is not accounted for when setting out. 

Unless your shed is going to be 1km x1km

Then its get/ nick some  beer  mats 

Job sorted ...

lolforgot to ask how did Wednesday get on today? :ph34r:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This time next year I will be a millionaire! Our lass has had three brand new mini's back to back and everyone ended up looking like they had been driven by joy riders! Last one she managed to trash the alloy and slice through the side wall of the tyre I had just replaced a week previously with a side wall puncture! She also managed to reverse it into the electric gates and the brick pillar at a further cost of £500.  Apparently all this was my fault, not her's!

Electric gate?... humble brag!

:tango:

3 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This time next year I will be a millionaire! Our lass has had three brand new mini's back to back and everyone ended up looking like they had been driven by joy riders! Last one she managed to trash the alloy and slice through the side wall of the tyre I had just replaced a week previously with a side wall puncture! She also managed to reverse it into the electric gates and the brick pillar at a further cost of £500.  Apparently all this was my fault, not her's!

can't you borrow her a tank from the tankies lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Police don't do parking tickets. Don't think they particularly turn a blind eye to vehicle crime just don't have any cops to police it. Thank Theresa and Scameron.