parking tickets

8 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Cant say say for certain, but I think the blue line is part of google maps. That said, there might be something about access, but I think not as the only factory access is down the bottom end.  The dropped curbs look historic.

I’ve just looked on google street view and sure enough I similarly have one of those blue restricted parking lines running down the middle of my road. The fact it’s invisible in all lights is a real concern! Time the council played straight on parking and did not try to catch law abiding members of the public out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Or a speaker in your car so you can shout F off at the two hats when they come near. Not a new idea-David Hasslehoff was a man ahead of his time in the 80’s.

Ha ha I remember similar thing think it was a South African Ford ..

When phones first started showing videos... one of our petrol head work mates had a video he showed  to prevent Pretorian Car thieves..WTF:

he had flame throwers set under his sills FFS.......

Might have a look see if I have it somewhere .....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Ha ha I remember similar thing think it was a South African Ford ..

When phones first started showing videos... one of our petrol head work mates had a video he showed  to prevent Pretorian Car thieves..WTF:

he had flame throwers set under his sills FFS.......

Might have a look see if I have it somewhere .....

Lol, hav a few SA army mates and they knew people back home with these fitted. Crispy car thieves! lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Watson said:

Do you believe the earth is flat and that man never went to the moon?

I think the flat earth or round earth changes back and forth over time, we're in the round earth time at the moment. A few hundred years ago they thought it was flat but the greek god Atlas a few thousand years ago knew it was round.

I'm with the flat boys on this one, you may think it's round, especially when you watch the BBC news but I can assure you it really isn't as obvious as you think it is.

• Haha 1

I live opposite Greystones School. Last Christmas, bearing in mind school was shut, got a ticket for parking on zig zag lines during reststricted times. Appealed but was told rules are rules, cough up. 

Edited by Dalian

8 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I think the flat earth or round earth changes back and forth over time, we're in the round earth time at the moment. A few hundred years ago they thought it was flat but the greek god Atlas a few thousand years ago knew it was round.

I'm with the flat boys on this one, you may think it's round, especially when you watch the BBC news but I can assure you it really isn't as obvious as you think it is.

It's very obvious that its round or roundish at least.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teddybeararmy said:

We were parked on left hand side,does anyone think we have grounds to appeal

Screenshot_20180217-183840.png

What was your ticket for? The double yellows go all the way to the wall (boundarys). Check the times on the single yellow clearway sign. If you are in the penalty time again they go all the way to the boundary wall. If you parked legally on the single yellows but so near to the wall that someone couldn't push a peak down then again that's an offence.

1 minute ago, Watson said:

It's very obvious that its round or roundish at least.  

Open your mind mate, I've just ordered a shed today, going to be delivered in 3/4 weeks time. The company I've bought it from are going to erect it and they insist that the surface be flat so please at least consider relativity in future posts, who ever heard of a shed on a round surface, it would just rock about FFS.:manager:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Open your mind mate, I've just ordered a shed today, going to be delivered in 3/4 weeks time. The company I've bought it from are going to erect it and they insist that the surface be flat so please at least consider relativity in future posts, who ever heard of a shed on a round surface, it would just rock about FFS.:manager:

You don't define the shape of a planet with shed technology. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dalian said:

I live opposite Greystones School. Last Christmas, bearing in mind school was shut, got a ticket for parking on zig zag lines during reststricted times. Appealed but was told rules are rules, cough up. 

Bus route though, no chance with that one, if they let you off they have too with everyone and school,zig zags and busy road not a chance.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Trying telling the salesman that, http://www.purewelltimber.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

Let me know how you get on, he was adamant, flat surface or no can do. I've had a look what the landscaper did, looks near on perfectly flat to me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

What was your ticket for? The double yellows go all the way to the wall (boundarys). Check the times on the single yellow clearway sign. If you are in the penalty time again they go all the way to the boundary wall. If you parked legally on the single yellows but so near to the wall that someone couldn't push a peak down then again that's an offence.

It was within the restricted times

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Oh Yeh My old pal Monsieur Watson ...

Might need to rethink that theory again lol

8 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Let me know when it's up pal I'll fetch the ale and pick up Andover on the way in ....

Bloody Fylde again everytime I go they bloody lose FFS ......:duntmatter:

normal_shed-406764.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Oh Yeh My old pal Monsieur Watson ...

Might need to rethink that theory again lol

Let me know when it's up pal I'll fetch the ale and pick up Andover on the way in ....

Bloody Fylde again everytime I go they bloody lose FFS ......:duntmatter:

normal_shed-406764.jpg

I'm loving that OG, wonder if she's every felt the roll of the ship.:manager: