The pitch

4 hours ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Last time i listened to PoG he read a text out asking if JR had asked for a pay riselol

I know its his job on the show to make the phone ring but come on!

As you read the PoG thread its just not me who is tired of all 3 of them jumping on the negative side of S6.

:carlosswfc:

We were in termoil when Carlos left and its taking baby steps for Jos to impose his style of play,  so probably when we have majority of first team back and move up the league they will stop beating us while we are on the floor.

:ghoulguy:

On the night i was on the whole show with BTB Rob read texts and tweets out in the order they appeared on the screen he did not pick and choose which he read 

If you are looking for bias you'll find it just like the fans of every other team 

We ( Wednesday) and the rest of the football loving population of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire are thoroughly well served by the whole sports team at Radio Sheff and imo they do it without the 1st hint of bias 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

9 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Don't understand why people are referencing the pitches of the past, as they didn't cost a £million and weren't Desso, so weren't designed to be pristine all year round.

Don't understand why pointing out the very obvious truth is somehow people 'having a go at the club'.

Are you Defenders of the Faith really such delicate snowflakes that you deem anything other than total praise damaging to the club? It's really not you know. 

More often than not the club take what's written on here with a total pinch of salt. When Paul Aldridge was asked once he said he used Owlstalk as an important feedback generator on all things Wednesday related, meaning he could put things right.

The people providing constructive criticism on here are doing more to help the club than any of the propaganda spewers

Wholeheartedly agree. 

The thought police really are a tiresome bunch. 

Some also have a tendency to get a tad aggressive I've noticed. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
46 minutes ago, Beholder said:

There really is no need for it and its ruining debate on the site. 

4 hours ago, simpark said:

Desso doesn't guarantee it'll be like a carpet all year round - it depends on many factors like amount of usage, weather etc. We have been training on it and youth and under-23s games have been played on it, plus we've had snow, frost and a couple of games were played in bad conditions

Loads of other club's Desso pitches aren't pristine this year either - have you seen Villa's for example https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-park-pitch-state-14188112

The lad I was talking too was telling me they are redoing Villa Park this summer too.  That last got done 14 years ago so it's been in need of doing for a while.

Just not bothered...

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

Struggling to think what it looked like at this point last season...

Have to say it did look a bit cut up from where I was sitting on the North. 

Was perfect all last season, however...

Last winter was mild. Hardly any days that were sub zero so Middlewood could be used every day. This winter they've been training on it due to Middlewood being frozen.

Even Desso pitches need recovery time. Our issue is lack of undersoil heating at Middlewood. Most, if not all, Prem teams will have training pitches available all year round hence their surfaces always look good.

Ours was fine until we started training on it post xmas.

On 18/02/2018 at 20:58, mark77 said:

Was perfect all last season, however...

Last winter was mild. Hardly any days that were sub zero so Middlewood could be used every day. This winter they've been training on it due to Middlewood being frozen.

Even Desso pitches need recovery time. Our issue is lack of undersoil heating at Middlewood. Most, if not all, Prem teams will have training pitches available all year round hence their surfaces always look good.

Ours was fine until we started training on it post xmas.

But why is utds pitch ok? Same weather, no undersoil heating at shirecliffe either, same league.......

Only possible reason is that utds u23s and 18s play games at Stocksbridge rather than at Lane. 

4 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

But why is utds pitch ok? Same weather, no undersoil heating at shirecliffe either, same league.......

Only possible reason is that utds u23s and 18s play games at Stocksbridge rather than at Lane. 

They probably use the indoor facilities at Shirecliffe when the pitches are frozen

On 18/02/2018 at 17:17, Beholder said:

Wholeheartedly agree. 

The thought police really are a tiresome bunch. 

On 18/02/2018 at 18:03, Hillsborough Mole said:

There really is no need for it and its ruining debate on the site. 

I wish you two would just fack off.

FFS.

31 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

At this time of year any pitch will look worse because the grass is dying off and getting worn down this pitch has the desso Astro turf in there too helping the surface be playable all year round regardless of healthy grass there or not.

That's not what the desso website says.

The roots of the grass should be substantially stronger as they attach to the synthetic fibres resulting in ultra strong grass

and minimum bare patches.

Very few PL desso pitches look like ours. Suggests maintenance is the issue 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

The roots of the grass should be substantially stronger as they attach to the synthetic fibres resulting in ultra strong grass

didn’t know that fair does then I think the groundskeeper needs to get sorted then 

5 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Not many PL clubs squads are like ours

not many PL clubs have training grounds like ours.

PL may have massive budgets for general stadium and pitch maintenance compared to ours.

we have them light grass growing machines - but how many do we have? How many do PL clubs have.

How much do PL clubs use their stadiums during the winter months to train when a TG might be frozen or waterlogged.

where does it stop with comparisons with PL teams 

only people that can answer these questions are the club staff. People are just making assumptions without any substance 

9 minutes ago, mannyowl said:

Not many PL clubs squads are like ours

not many PL clubs have training grounds like ours.

PL may have massive budgets for general stadium and pitch maintenance compared to ours.

we have them light grass growing machines - but how many do we have? How many do PL clubs have.

How much do PL clubs use their stadiums during the winter months to train when a TG might be frozen or waterlogged.

where does it stop with comparisons with PL teams 

only people that can answer these questions are the club staff. People are just making assumptions without any substance 

Not really mate, I get my info from the manufacturers website.

Chelsea have one, they are a premier league club and their pitch is poor. Sure they will have a massive budget as well. Without the ins and outs from the club can’t compare to anywhere else. 

Unfortunately for you they don’t manufacture real grass