Tying down the young prospects to new contract

It looks like we are tying down some of our youth players, the hot prospects at the club. To me that means we look like we are taking a new approach for next season. Jos obviously likes what he sees and hopefully it will benefit us in the coming seasons, a youthful squad, cheaper ticket prices and a squad that feels more home grown to get behind.

Exciting times ahead, I feel that a more passionate side will be grown into fruition over the next coming seasons.

Can't wait, bring it on!

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

It looks like we are tying down some of our youth players, the hot prospects at the club. To me that means we look like we are taking a new approach for next season. Jos obviously likes what he sees and hopefully it will benefit us in the coming seasons, a youthful squad, cheaper ticket prices and a squad that feels more home grown to get behind.

Exciting times ahead, I feel that a more passionate side will be grown into fruition over the next coming seasons.

Can't wait, bring it on!

Youve not seen the survey results thread have you? lol

One good thing Katrien Meire did at Charlton was she realised they were letting young talent walk away too easily, like Diego Poyet to West Ham, so she put in place plans to give their young players longer contracts.

seems she’s doing the same with us which is excellent news 

Well done Katrien 

:CEO:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We can't play the young un's now  the survey results are in

We're going on massive spend and throwing aside all FFP worries!

OPERATION MONEYSPAFF COMMENCE!!!

Oh lol.... well that's put my thread to bed then. Let me get out my shovel out and bury it.

Was looking forward to maybe going to more matches, obviously not. Nooooooooooo!

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

One good thing Katrien Meire did at Charlton was she realised they were letting young talent walk away too easily, like Diego Poyet to West Ham, so she put in place plans to give their young players longer contracts.

Well done Katrien 

Just googled who this guy was,never heard of him

This off his Wikipedia makes interesting reading 

His loan spell with MK Dons was cut short in January 2016 by manager Karl Robinson. Poyet had been receiving little playing time due to a similar playing style to team regular and vice-captain, Darren Potter.[23]

Kept out of the team by potter :tango:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We can't play the young un's now  the survey results are in

We're going on massive spend and throwing aside all FFP worries!

OPERATION MONEYSPAFF COMMENCE!!!

Sounds good. Im happy to be bent over and shafted for my next ST then . 

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Well done Katrien 

Yeah

The "getting relegated with Charlton" part of that policy was a bit of a pisser though...

• Haha 1