SWFC SURVEY RESULTS are in

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A price freeze is the bare minimum the fans deserve after this seasons anniversary debacle.

In my view they deserve more, as they've been let down massively by the Chairman, who simply hasn't delivered.

Agree Farrell .

We've done our bit ............

I pray Jos  is the glue to mend this ..

I'm impressed so far ....

We can help though... just need to pay for more glue ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Agree Farrell .

We've done our bit ............

I pray Jos  is the glue to mend this ..

I'm impressed so far ....

We can help though... just need to pay for more glue ....

To be fair to Jos, he's inherited a right Clusterfuck thanks to Doyen, DC and CC.

He's performing miracles. The Derby result was unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A price freeze is the bare minimum the fans deserve after this seasons anniversary debacle.

In my view they deserve more, as they've been let down massively by the Chairman, who simply hasn't delivered.

Perfect way to spin it is to freeze prices and offer those ST holders ‘who stuck with the club when offered a refund’ a 5-10% discount on early bird prices.

Then ( as I keep banging on about as it’s the prefect way to bring prices back into line) double the POTD discount for members from next season. 

This will boost membership, encourage a larger walk up, give those who can’t make all games a realistic alternative.

At the same time it gives the club greater flexibility going into an unpredictable season. Ie, They can respond to demand by using the price bandings sensibly.

Oh, and they can keep charging away fans top dollar as they won’t be members.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Like 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Perfect way to spin it is to freeze prices and offer those ST holders ‘who stuck with the club when offered a refund’ a 5-10% discount on early bird prices.

Then ( as I keep banging on about as it’s the prefect way to bring prices back into line) double the POTD discount for members from next season. 

This will boost membership, encourage a larger walk up, give those who can’t make all games a realistic alternative.

At the same time it gives the club greater flexibility going into an unpredictable season. Ie, They can respond to demand by using the price ban funds sensibly.

Seems sound enough to me.

Be nice to see an apology as well.

The promise of ' you get what you pay for ' has not been delivered.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

At the same time it gives the club greater flexibility going into an unpredictable season. Ie, They can respond to demand by using the price bandings sensibly.

This above sounds like good sense to me so no doubt Chansiri and the club wont do anything remotely like it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Seems sound enough to me.

Be nice to see an apology as well.

The promise of ' you get what you pay for ' has not been delivered.

No really bothered about an PR apology. Get impression Chansiri too 'proud' to do that anyway.

Sure the statement spiel from our beloved Chairman when prices are announced will be full of 'The Shefffield Wednesday Family' and 'We are on this journey together'.

My toes are curling already.

8 hours ago, Anton DecChair said:

Never mind the percentages, it would be interesting to see how many actually took part.

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I think I read 28,000 were polled. Don't know how many responded.

Geek post!

I've just played around with the percentages and worked back, and it gives a very suspicious round number with only 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k (multiples of 5,000) generating the percentages given for both questions.  Whilst possible, the probability of an exact round number of 5,000 multiples responded is very low.

Its a pet hate quoting %'s to 2dp - why do we need to know 29.94% responded Yes rather than 29.9% or even better 30% (I could even live with 1/3), just keep it simple.  However, the detail allows you to work backwards to estimate the number of respondents.

*** To be fair to the club, you can get close to these percentages from a lot of other number of respondents, it you round the results to 2dp, so there are plausible reasons why the number isn't a multiple of 5k, but it is still very suspicious that the only way to get these exact results is in 5k multiples.

I think the club need to give more information, ideally with some independent verification, to explain the results.

Even if the numbers are verified, as others have pointed out, the survey questions are poorly worded and biased which makes any meaningful analysis impossible.  They seem to be designed solely for marketing/PR use rather than to give meaningful insights to help management decision making (or designed by someone who doesn't know what they are doing).

The whole exercise seems like a complete waste of time to me (but I've been involved in plenty of similar situations in the past so its no real surprise)

Guest Hillsborough Mole
13 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Season ticket holder for over 45 years, every year

same email address for 15 years

never got a survey, neither did my son, same for my mate and his son.

used the link from Owlstalk

anyone who voted Yes to that question needs their bumps feeling as they have let the genie out of the bottle. 

Your negative attitude will not have gone unnoticed. It will have been listed at the side of your ID number

That's why you didn't get a survey. Neither did I

9 hours ago, Miffed said:

But the facts are there 

prices are higher than ever

attendances are higher than they have been for years 

Would I rather pay less to watch us hanging around in league one or pay a bit more to see us challenging at the open half of the table?

People have short memories.....3 years ago we would have only dreamed of having players in the team like Fernando Forestieri, Jordan Rhodes and Gary Hooper.

yep, things haven’t gone right for us, but I’d rather have a new manager coming in with the chance of getting the best out of those three than a 200

page thread over whether we will

sign Stevie May before Rotherham do.

Perhaps my original point wasn't well made.

obviously the Calibre of player is much better since chansiri and the attendances at ridiculous prices reflect that.

however, the questions in the survey don't highlight a couple of things;

1) It is possible to bring through young players and integrate them into the squad alongside some high quality players brought in (Penney instead of Fox, Clare instead of Butterfield,) that money saved on squad fillers can then be better spent on more expensive purchases in areas required

2) We have had our initial outlay and the revenue has been generated from ticket sales. Now we have assests in the form of some good players. We therefore should surely recoup substantial fees if we sell plus have already generated increased revenue via ticket sales so that would leave an excess to reinvest in the squad even if ticket prices are lowered (just not spending £8million aimlessly on a position we already have options in)

Personally I'd be in favour of tickets a little lower with a bigger emphasis on producing academy prospects alongside the odd expensive buy but a shift in focus on recruitment to up and coming players and players from abroad (which I think is where Jos is looking given early indications)

I completed mine but i felt dirty completing it as i hardly go to any games these days, but i can confirm i voted to being happy with high prices and big spending :ph34r:

If there was a question asking "Steveger would you be happy going to games as long as you get a whole section of seats to yourself limiting contact with other people ?"  then I would have been over the moon...

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 1