SWFC SURVEY RESULTS are in

Guest We Shall Overcome

I want a team in the Premier League that can compete and Challenge like 'Leicester' did and we are Potentially bigger than them, and if it means my family and i paying a bit more so be it. If it is the dross we have had for 20years then you can keep it, as we will not be going, also to those fans who go to the meetings, we have no parachute payments so we must be prepared to pay for it, as the Chairman is not prepared to break rules, but it does not mean he will not still invest,and more importantly remember in our 150year History Sheffield Wednesday has been for want of a better word, a "Cash Cow for all the Freeloaders". which has STOPPED!!!!.     

Could it be another case of the ones who moan the loudest being in the minority? Yet again the wider fan base have spoken.

There are those moaning about ticket prices, yet the attendances across the last 3 seasons AND a record number of ticket sales would indicate that the club have gotten it right?

People moaning about stripes on shirts, yet according to the club we've have record number of shirt sales. The shirts have been popular.

Im glad the wider fan base have had the opportunity to put their point across.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question - do you yourself truly honestly believe that there's been record numbers of shirts sold?

I cant remember it was this seasons or last..... Its hard to imagine that there werent more sold in the early 90's when Wednesday shirts seemed everywhere but why would the club lie?

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

I cant remember it was this seasons or last..... Its hard to imagine that there werent more sold in the early 90's when Wednesday shirts seemed everywhere but why would the club lie?

I think last year was the record number sold in total

This time around it was supposedly the record number sold on day one

Owlstalk Shop

Well I'm proudly one of the 29.94%.

Big money signings matter little to me.

I just want to see players give heart and soul for the club.

If they are from the kids team - even better.

However, The obscenenity of the Premier League dream has cast its spell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well I'm proudly one of the 29.94%.

Big money signings matter little to me.

I just want to see players give heart and soul for the club.

If they are from the kids team - even better.

However, The obscenenity of the Premier League dream has cast its spell.

Totally agree with this... really thought this was happening with the recent contract activity. 

4 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Totally agree with this... really thought this was happening with the recent contract activity. 

Same!

I was gobsmacked when the survey results came out

With us signing up all the young un's I thought it was nailed on for cheaper ticket prices, and a go at it with the U23 stars

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same!

I was gobsmacked when the survey results came out

With us signing up all the young un's I thought it was nailed on for cheaper ticket prices, and a go at it with the U23 stars

Young players need to be surrounded by experience to further their careers. For me, playing too many kids in one go is a bigger gamble and a risk to their careers. Imagine in the first month of the season and the kids haven't won a game. The pressure from the fans and local media would be insane. Then the attendances would drop and the next lot of excuses for not turning up would come spewing out. The players confidence would be knocked and probably irreparable. We've been there and seen it before .... young players with great potential having their careers ruined from the pressure.

I don't see why we cant have both. Invest in the playing squad whilst blooding the youth. Let the younger players develop at their own pace, potentially having more loans to the lower leagues, rather than rushing them into the first team.

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I don't see why we cant have both. Invest in the playing squad whilst blooding the youth. Let the younger players develop at their own pace, potentially having more loans to the lower leagues, rather than rushing them into the first team.

I'm with you

The survey didnt' have that option though and didn't relate to it for ticket pricing

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The question is just utterly ridiculous. The fact it is one or the other is just bizarre. You can do both. We need to sell as well as buy, we need to promote youngsters and ship out older players. The question screams to me that those in charge don't have a clue what they are doing. 

This exact scenario was brought up and discussed at length at the fans forum. A good blend of quality and youth as squad depth was the ideal scenario we all pretty much agreed on.

The reasons the questions were worded the way they were because we were shown 4 scenarios to budget for a season at a typical football club.

A) Would be spend low, low tickets prices (low revenue), don't invest in the squad, play youth e.g Barnsley and battle against relegation. Likely relegated.

B) Low prices, break the bank to buy players, break FFP etc. High chance the club will end up in financial trouble.

We all agreed A and B were not sensible options.

So C) Higher prices, invest in squad sensibly, within FFP rules, hopefully get promoted within a few seasons. Club financially stable.

or D) Lower prices, more reliance on youth, less squad investment. Promotion less likely. Club financially stable.

The questions basically relate to C and D. We discussed the fact there was common ground between the two. It looks like the club are receptive to that with the recent inclusion of youth.

• Thanks 1

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

Season ticket holder for over 45 years, every year

same email address for 15 years

never got a survey, neither did my son, same for my mate and his son.

used the link from Owlstalk

anyone who voted Yes to that question needs their bumps feeling as they have let the genie out of the bottle. 

Was based on your preferences in your options of the ticket website. Does your account allow you to be contacted by club email.