SWFC SURVEY RESULTS are in

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I highly doubt we'll see much investment in the squad. But I bet ticket prices will remain high. 

That's not what was suggested or promised in the survey though as I read it

I thought that if this option won, that we'd spaff loads of money on big names, restrict young un's coming through, and go for established premier league/championship stars and create a supersquad

Otherwise what's the point of the other option if we're just going to put prices up and bring the youth through anyway?

Owlstalk Shop

Think we do need to spend to be successful. We also need to sell. Maybe even making a profit. Its this failure that is worrying. 

We didn't spend the huge wad of money that well but you have to turnover the squad eventually otherwise you stagnate. 

I'd hope that in the future our transfer dealings both in and out are much more astute and the manager actually wants to play the players he's spent a lot of money on. Or... thin the squad out bulk wise and priorities on quality rather than quantity with the youth bulking up the numbers.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought that if this option won, that we'd spaff loads of money on big names, restrict young un's coming through, and go for established premier league/championship stars and create a supersquad

Otherwise what's the point of the other option if we're just going to put prices up and bring the youth through anyway?

Gives Chansiri an excuse to keep prices sky high. The fans said they wanted it so....

The question is manipulative in my opinion. I don't agree with it at all. 

The question suggests otherwise but I think the real outcome will be high prices still and low investment. Can't see us spending on the scale we have done in the past.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

The prices in isolation are just about palatable. However, when the quality of the product available drops, you have, and we have, major issues. This season has been champagne prices and lemonade for football. Fans will stomach this for one season. For that reason next season is one of the biggest in the last 150, for so many reasons, both on and off the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is the club speaking in such binary terms. Can't they just expend the effort they made producing this survey to instead focus on just bringing good footballers to the club for reasonable prices, whether that be through the academy or transfer dealings, instead of doing the equivalent of asking your mates down the pub? My mates down the pub are cretins... FFS...

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely thought people would vote for young stars and lower ticket prices

The question is just utterly ridiculous. The fact it is one or the other is just bizarre. You can do both. We need to sell as well as buy, we need to promote youngsters and ship out older players. The question screams to me that those in charge don't have a clue what they are doing. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Gives Chansiri an excuse to keep prices sky high. The fans said they wanted it so....

The question is manipulative in my opinion. I don't agree with it at all. 

The question suggests otherwise but I think the real outcome will be high prices still and low investment. Can't see us spending on the scale we have done in the past.

This is what I don't get. I genuinely thought more of our fan base wanted to see a new direction for the club, especially when you consider the overall dissatisfaction with the current high ticket prices. Why the sudden U-Turn?

Really struggle with how this is a binary decision. Surely the way to run a successful club (or any business) is to invest wisely when required alongside organic growth and development of existing talent.

Hopefully Jos has seen enough in our youngsters to want to develop them further regardless of the funds made available.

• Thanks 1

They are the most LOADED questions I have ever seen in my life!!! Problems have only arisen with transfer policy. Of course most of us would be happy to chip in a little bit if the Prem was guaranteed (as implied by the questions), but as plenty have already said we'd want it done sustainably, promoting from within and investing in young, hungry talents!

Hopefully these new contracts for the young guns show that we'll blend the two, so WAWAW means something- both on and off the pitch!

Possibly the most passive aggressive thing ever. If you didn't see that and actually answered the question in the way the author(s) of the "survey" designed it for you to do then...

Please send me £1000.

Should you chose not to then the consequence if this will be that my children will starve to death and you will have to live with that on your conscious for the rest of your life.

Thank you.

The results have confused me

The survey was confusing and annoyingly worded (to say the least)

But it's even more baffling to see all the exciting youngsters getting new contracts and being played (quite rightly) only for the survey to suggest we'll have high prices and less of that

It's really really confusing innit

Unless I'm missing something and we're just gonna put the prices up and play the young ones regardless

Someone tell me in basic simple kids level english what this whole survey is and how the playing of U23 players and giving them new contracts all come together

Owlstalk Shop