Young George Hirst

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Why the change in heart. I understood he had a far more lucrative offer waiting ?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?...How long do these "lucrative" offers last for an untried player who has not played for months?

If he had been playing as much as Clare and have made a similar impact, we might not be worrying about all the injuries

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i don't know if he has signed tbf,  hope he has and clare next   will really enjoy next season playing our kids for me it's the best and only good thing coming from the 150th 

Mirocevic usually gets it right.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, steelowl said:

hope so   

just saying I haven't heard, read or seen he has officially

Just trying to be positive. I'm confident it's wrapped up. 

If he has signed, obviously a big praise to the people behind the scenes who have worked it out, but I think probably the biggest factor has to be that George and his Dad/advisors have seen from Jos how well he can develop young players and the chances hes prepared to give, Carlos did a lot of good things for this club but his treatment of youth and fringe players is no way to run a football club if you have any long term ambitions

On 16/02/2018 at 18:41, theowlsman said:

Young George is a Wednesdayite, brought up at Wednesday. Will always be a Wednesday supporter, you know how it goes, the club chooses you etc (unless your name’s Maguire and then you swing like a bisexual pendulum).

A premier league club shows interest, and a big cheque is promised.

But the desire by that club to make it happen any time soon fades, and George starts to think, am I better off where I am, where I’ve always been looked after, and where I can now see I have a chance of first team football, based on my mates already being given that opportunity. 

A chance to play in the first team, for the club you support, with confidence to back himself to do well, he’d then expect to progress, knowing that later there would be talk of a decent contract.

FFS, it’s not rocket science, it’s common sense. Plus he’s been talking to Katrien someone reported a little while back.

heard off a few people around the stadium that he’s signed up,  absolutely no inside line but I’ve had a lot to say on this subject so I just wanna say I hope this is the end of the whole saga and we can concentrate on watching the boy push into the first team and show us all what he can do 

if he does sign no point getting on kivos back or anyone who shared what they knew, just embrace any good news that’s coming out of the club right now as I think people behind the scenes are genuinely trying to put a few things right in a disastrous season 

• Haha 1