Young George Hirst

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Leeds 

(well closer to Wetherby actually)

Thorpe Arch

Once had a delivery on for a company on thorp arch trading estate, sat nav took me straight down thorp arch grange to the security barrier for lufc training ground, proper nightmare trying to reverse an arctic and get it turned round, pointless story I know but thought I'd share it lol

Edited by s73owl

1 minute ago, s73owl said:

Once had a delivery on for a company on thorp arch trading estate, sat nav took me straight down thorp arch grange to the security barrier for lufc training ground, proper nightmare trying to reverse an arctic and get it turned round, pointless story I know but thought I'd share it lol

Did you have any women tied up in your trailer ? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Nuhiu is being rested, we won't need an 'artic'.

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Please sign a new contract Hirsty

Song for George.. 

Phil Oakley and Georgie Moroder 

"Weve haven't  see you for a while... We never saw you play.. 'it's not time to go, time to go away, (Everton, Leeds or Leicester)? 

Sometimes it's hard to recognise,  love comes as a surprise and it's not too late,

it's just not to late too stay

(too late just stay).. We'll always be together, however far it seems (love never ends).. We'll always be together.. together in Wednesday's Dream team..."

Edited by owls-swfc

Good news has been all too rare this season so this is more than welcome.what the end result will be no one can say but at least now the chance of George staying is possible. My own theory is jos has had his say pointed out nobody was getting anything out of the situation and brought about a truce with an intention of using George in the first team and as I expect winnall,nuhui and perhaps even hooper to go in the summer a promise that if he's here next season George will be involved with the first team squad on a regular basis 

14 hours ago, ramone said:

Personally, seeing the likes of Thorniley, Clare, Dawson, O'Grady, Niellsen, Wildsmith and Stobbs in the first team has been a ploy to show George what he's missing and to make him see sense... 

I hope he signs and it all gets put behind him and he can move his career forward 

A ploy...really?.....the only reason those guys have played is to make George see sense?....inadvertently I can see it helping but a ploy, no, don't see that at all.

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Might be prudent to see if he can do anything on the pitch first?

I mean, against actual men in competition, not just being the terror of the ESFA leagues and U-20 teams.

Playing against 'actual men' :duntmatter:doesn't seem to have been too much of a step up for the members of the U23s Jos has promoted thus far, why would Hirsty be different?  Especially now he's apparently built like a brick sheeitehouse...WTF:

1 hour ago, Almat said:

Playing against 'actual men' :duntmatter:doesn't seem to have been too much of a step up for the members of the U23s Jos has promoted thus far, why would Hirsty be different?  Especially now he's apparently built like a brick sheeitehouse...WTF:

It absolutely was, considering they look completely out of their element out there.  Clare is the only one that should be anywhere near the match day 18, and even that's a stretch.