Young George Hirst

Without overstating his abilities, and I’m not concerned that he’s the son of a Wednesday legend, his importance for me, is that he spearheads our reconnection with youth Escaping the drop, and getting him signed up, along with the other youngsters, gives us something to build on

If true, and let's be honest, it could well be, then that's a glimmer of good news in an otherwise sh1tshow of a season.

I'm fully aware he will either be injured in the first game he plays or turn out to be completely out of his depth. But the little but of a boost him signing would bring is probably worth it.  

14 hours ago, vulva said:

Joking aside, young Hirst walked past me at the training ground the other day. Now, he’s had 6 months off, but he appears to have spent the time wisely. Judging by the size of him, he’s spent the majority of the time in the gym, been eating 12 raw chickens a day, and bought an Akinfenwa fitness DVD. The lad is like a house side. 

and hasn't got a wednesday shirt on his back.

CONSPIRACY THEORY:

Jos played no striker last night to show Chansiri that we're too thin on the ground and he wants to keep Hirst; a bit like how 'Arry Redknapp used to put two 'keepers on the bench in the game before the transfer window then complain that "we ain't got the personnel innit".

Chansiri, alerted to this, raced to the phone and called up Daddy David, offering him peace, shelter and all the Stones Bitter he can drink. 

As soon as he's done, they'll get the contract signed.

lol

• Haha 4