Young George Hirst

16 minutes ago, cowl said:

I'm colourblind, so rather than likely cause confusion I'll just have to use numbers to match up to your points.

1. But you're still assuming the fact he hasn't signed is purely down to the money he's been offered - you quite simply don't know why he's not signed.
  2. Yeah, I'd give the same answers because there's an obvious problem here with this idea that the club set some ridiculous criteria that represents 'commitment'
  3. Why was the loan option made contingent upon him signing a new contract first? As the cases of Clare, Stobbs, and Thorniley prove, it was obviously not absolutely necessary that the club did that.
  4. Okay, but then the fact their contract talks hadn't even began just goes to show it wasn't necessary to force a conclusion with the Hirst negotiations all the way back in August. Just send him out on loan anyway, and let it ride while January.

Who has stated that ? Someone from the club ? Someone ITK ?

Kivo has already explained the reason why we are where we are:

On 16/02/2018 at 14:45, KivoOwl said:

- I'm pretty sure David and George Hirst took what many would see as poor advice when going into contract negotiations at the start of the season

18 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Who has stated that ? Someone from the club ? Someone ITK ?

No, it's the one MAL is referring to (and defending) whereby players show their commitment by signing a new contract despite already having a contract. Those that don't sign immediately will be put on the naughty step until they do.

Whether the club are actually doing this, and what we think about that if they are, is moot.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

The worst thing happened when called to the England squad ,He scored goals met lads from Premier clubs ,They say what you on George ,He tells them ,They tell him their wages ,Come on ,Can you blame him ,He is the same as any other player ,Fans are loyal ,Players are not.

Yeah but it's his 'dream to play for Sheffield Wednesday'

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cowl said:

But DC has already stated that he didn't go out on loan because he didn't sign a new contract.

So if the statement below is correct it looks like stalemate.

"We then received an unwelcome ultimatum from his agents insisting we sell George if a loan move was not forthcoming.”

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

So if the statement below is correct it looks like stalemate.

"We then received an unwelcome ultimatum from his agents insisting we sell George if a loan move was not forthcoming.”

Fortunately this isn't chess though. Either side can change their mind, and change their approach.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Fortunately this isn't chess though. Either side can change their mind, and change their approach.

It doesn't look likely though, DC said in the same statement that GH agents had not even answered the latest attempts at reconciliation from the club.

I would have liked to have seen George play a game or two to see how he performed for us but not looking likely now.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Homebase didn't know how good I was at my job till they saw me arranging the paving slabs so well in the garden centre at B&Q

B&Q have already broken the wage structure for their more senior customer service assistants so why wouldn't I ask the boss the question at B&Q?

Of course he shouldn't be able to use this as a bargaining tool as he doesn't officially have permission to talk to anyone whilst in contract.

Guest Jack the Hat
28 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

Been told Hirst as signed his contract today and is staying.

If I told you a wolverine made a good house pet, would you believe that as well?