Young George Hirst

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why are you assuming that this is purely about greed with George Hirst anyway? Neither of us know the reason. Maybe Hirst has said he won't sign as a reaction to being told: "sign now or don't play this season." People don't tend to like ultimatums, after all.

Also, how do you know that the player who'll receive more focused development due to Hirst being excluded won't himself also leave once his contract is up? Especially so if he turns out to be twice as good as Hirst. Perhaps the club should only give development opportunities to players that have no less than two years left to run on their contracts. What's the point of working with any footballer whose contract expires before their 24th birthday?

Besides, why not just send Hirst out on loan? He doesn't then have to take up anyone's place in the development squad. There were clubs lined up - but oh, no - he has to sign his contract first. Utterly ridiculous. Thorniley, Clare, and Stobbs all went out on loan despite being in the final year of their contracts, they all also went out without needing to sign a contract first - why not with George Hirst?

Might be wrong here but I seem to recollect reading that he or his agents refused a loan unless a new contract was agreed.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Might be wrong here but I seem to recollect reading that he or his agents refused a loan unless a new contract was agreed.

Thought that was the club rather than player.

Had a loan lined up at Roth in summer. He went and watched a match too if you recall.

Either we stopped him from going because he didn't sign the contract, or his agents kicked off and said he won't go unless he gets the wads of money we want. 

I also don't get where these Clare frozen out rumours came from. When he was apparently frozen out, he featured for the u23 team lol

25 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why are you assuming that this is purely about greed with George Hirst anyway? Neither of us know the reason. Maybe Hirst has said he won't sign as a reaction to being told: "sign now or don't play this season." People don't tend to like ultimatums, after all.

Also, how do you know that the player who'll receive more focused development due to Hirst being excluded won't himself also leave once his contract is up? Especially so if he turns out to be twice as good as Hirst. Perhaps the club should only give development opportunities to players that have no less than two years left to run on their contracts. What's the point of working with any footballer whose contract expires before their 24th birthday?

Besides, why not just send Hirst out on loan? He doesn't then have to take up anyone's place in the development squad. There were clubs lined up - but oh, no - he has to sign his contract first. Utterly ridiculous. Thorniley, Clare, and Stobbs all went out on loan despite being in the final year of their contracts, they all also went out without needing to sign a contract first - why not with George Hirst?

Greed because he stated he wants to play here, but not for the money offered.

I don't, but he will get the same answers as i am giving now, would you give the same answers if he wasn't called George Hirst?

As far as i know, he was going on loan, then refused the offer.

Their contract talks hadn't started then, and wasn't Clare training with Hirst last week because he refused to sign.

Down to Doyen. He's may have even signed a pre - contract agreement after 1 Jan 2018.

Or Doyen may park him in some foreign feeder team owned by an EPL for free.

Then he joins  main EPL club later, either on loan or for a pittance (see Udinese to Watford model).

Or Celtic, also would be a freebee. 

18 minutes ago, MAL said:

I don't, but he will get the same answers as i am giving now, would you give the same answers if he wasn't called George Hirst?

Their contract talks hadn't started then, and wasn't Clare training with Hirst last week because he refused to sign.

THIS IS THE MADDEST WRITING EVER SEEN ON OWLSTALK

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Homebase and Wickes do

He wants to stay at B&Q but wants to negotiate his market value in terms of wages with them to create a win-win scenario for everyone.

Homebase and Wickes are offering him £100 a week

I don't know a single person who wouldn't do the same thing

George Hirst is after the going rate ,And its not £10 k a week .

35 minutes ago, MAL said:

WOW, TECHNICOLOUR!!!

Can you do it in 3D  as well.lol

21 minutes ago, MAL said:

I'm colourblind, so rather than likely cause confusion I'll just have to use numbers to match up to your points.

1. But you're still assuming the fact he hasn't signed is purely down to the money he's been offered - you quite simply don't know why he's not signed.
  2. Yeah, I'd give the same answers because there's an obvious problem here with this idea that the club set some ridiculous criteria that represents 'commitment'
  3. Why was the loan option made contingent upon him signing a new contract first? As the cases of Clare, Stobbs, and Thorniley prove, it was obviously not absolutely necessary that the club did that.
  4. Okay, but then the fact their contract talks hadn't even began just goes to show it wasn't necessary to force a conclusion with the Hirst negotiations all the way back in August. Just send him out on loan anyway, and let it ride while January.

19 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

So is @@owlstalk receiving sponsorship from Homebase these days? 

Can you recommend me a good bathroom door to replace the one with the hole through it that accidentally walked into my fist after the Steel City game at Hillsborough?

Check out the back of the Blunt shirts...they advertise doors there. Just happens to be a mate of mine's business, who is OK except for the fact he is a Blunt.

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

I'm colourblind, so rather than likely cause confusion I'll just have to use numbers to match up to your points.

1. But you're still assuming the fact he hasn't signed is purely down to the money he's been offered - you quite simply don't know why he's not signed.
  2. Yeah, I'd give the same answers because there's an obvious problem here with this idea that the club set some ridiculous criteria that represents 'commitment'
  3. Why was the loan option made contingent upon him signing a new contract first? As the cases of Clare, Stobbs, and Thorniley prove, it was obviously not absolutely necessary that the club did that.
  4. Okay, but then the fact their contract talks hadn't even began just goes to show it wasn't necessary to force a conclusion with the Hirst negotiations all the way back in August. Just send him out on loan anyway, and let it ride while January.

He has to agree to go out on loan, he can't just be sent.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have a deal set up where you can get 20% off all the range of Carpet Tiles by asking to see the manager and saying 'Owlstalk Sent Me'

This is nationwide

Rubbish..I just rang my local store and they’ve never heard of you Neil..