Young George Hirst

Fed up of hearing about him tbh, lets get on with whos available, we have some great youngsters coming through who want to play football not chase money, greed can be a downfall, he should take the opportunity, you can soon be forgotten in this game

24 minutes ago, debram said:

Fed up of hearing about him tbh, lets get on with whos available, we have some great youngsters coming through who want to play football not chase money, greed can be a downfall, he should take the opportunity, you can soon be forgotten in this game

How do you know he's being greedy and not just wanting what he's worth paying and that other clubs pay someone of his skills/age/talent?

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know he's being greedy and not just wanting what he's worth paying and that other clubs pay someone of his skills/age/talent?

Dont know for sure because I dont have inside info, what I do know is that not all have his best interest at heart, at his age all he wants to do is play football

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Think that's more than likely the sticking point though, what he's worth versus what his agents think he's worth.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Because he wants to be paid over and above what he knows the wage structure is, at this club.

You can sit there and pontificate all you want, he is being greedy and everybody can see it.

3 minutes ago, MAL said:

Because he wants to be paid over and above what he knows the wage structure is, at this club.

You can sit there and pontificate all you want, he is being greedy and everybody can see it.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion

If I worked as a YTS at B&Q for £50 a week and did such a great job Homebase wanted me to go there for £100 a week, I'd go to B&Q management, tell them and ask them to match it

It's not greed it's market value

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, debram said:

Dont know for sure because I dont have inside info, what I do know is that not all have his best interest at heart, at his age all he wants to do is play football

maybe they do have his best interests at heart , a 3 year deal at a prem club will make him very financially secure at 19 years of age ...if he doesn't turn out to be what a lot think he may it could be the best contract that he ever has ........look at Jordan slew signs for over a million and 4 year contract at premier league  Blackburn and 6 years  later he's turning out Radcliff borough in the northern prem ....... 

Whatever has happened, a young lad with his potential should be wanting to play football. We would all have done anything to get a chance to play professionally, let alone for the club we love. No footballers are treated badly these days. Of course he wants to maximise his income but if he realises his potential the skys the limit in the future. The club he loves have invested in him and given him a chance, he should swallow his pride and get his carreer back on track. The irony is that if he had been playing the last 6 months he would certainly have been getting a chance now. he might have even scored a few, then the big boys would have offered him the earth.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion

If I worked as a YTS at B&Q for £50 a week and did such a great job Homebase wanted me to go there for £100 a week, I'd go to B&Q management, tell them and ask them to match it

It's not greed it's market value

It's greed.

You knew that B&Q paid £50 a week, because that is their wage structure, and if you start paying 1 person over and above that then every person will want the same, then you are in trouble with the authorities.

Why didn't you go and work for Homebase in the first instance, if that is what they are offering.

Just now, MAL said:

It's greed.

You knew that B&Q paid £50 a week, because that is their wage structure, and if you start paying 1 person over and above that then every person will want the same, then you are in trouble with the authorities.

Why didn't you go and work for Homebase in the first instance, if that is what they are offering.

Homebase didn't know how good I was at my job till they saw me arranging the paving slabs so well in the garden centre at B&Q

B&Q have already broken the wage structure for their more senior customer service assistants so why wouldn't I ask the boss the question at B&Q?

Owlstalk Shop