Parking Tomorrow

Best place to park in and around Hillsborough tomorrow?, normally get the train however driving down instead. Should be at Hillsborough for 10.30am/11.00am so just wondering best place to park for reasonable price and fairly easy to get away from. Thanks

If you're coming from North then as mentioned, Halifax Road (cars were vandalised on the road off Railway Pub so best parking further up e.g. residential roads). Or any of the  streets near the training ground (you can then leave north towards Stocksbridge Bypass/M1)

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Herries Road / Wordsworth Avenue areas have seen car's being broken into and wing mirrors broken off and nicked recently so avoid like the plague

Also be wary of traffic wardens tomorrow

I park on the very bottom end of Herries road and have had none of those problems 

4 hours ago, BD12 Owl said:

Cheers for the advice, will avoid Herries Road / Wordsworth Avenue, being from Bradford and tight free parking is always a bonus.

Ha ha, I now live and work in Bradford. 

Free parking is the norm round here....you just don't pay or threaten those who try make you :laugh:

15 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Burger King , not that I park there of course as it’s for customers only  !!!!!!! Or parking behind the adjacent petrol station £3 isnt it ? . 5 minutes walk , decent getaways too . 

Unless you are blocked in by some fooooker as I’ve been many times waiting for someone to get back from pub... and £5 now for privilege 

43 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

.........and if you choose to park on a side street, be aware of the Clearway signs / Clearway ends signs.

Some people think they've been lucky and found a place near the main road junction, but they are still in the Clearway.no-stopping-clearway.png.1097366590f6fab24402bd97626c718e.png

Every single week someone falls for that on them roads opposite the tram stop/bowling green. 

9 hours ago, BD12 Owl said:

Best place to park in and around Hillsborough tomorrow?, normally get the train however driving down instead. Should be at Hillsborough for 10.30am/11.00am so just wondering best place to park for reasonable price and fairly easy to get away from. Thanks

Just bear in mind the councils parking jobsworths will be out in force trying to fleece unsuspecting motorists