Jos Luhukay and the academy players

Watched the interview that Alan Biggs did with Steve Haslam. Interesting stuff. Said that as soon as Jos arrived at the club he took a massive interest in the academy. He has regular meetings with Haslam, watches a lot of academy matches and attends their training on his days off. Said he is a breath of fresh air and implied he is much more proactive than Carlos was.

Another interesting note was that the under-18s get their mobiles confiscated when they turn up for training to encourage them to become better communicators and leaders. 

So far it's paying off. We've now seen 6 or 7 of them either in the first team or on the bench. I know we have massive injury problems at the moment but I'm almost certain Carlos would have tried to plug the gap with loanees or free agents. 

• Like 1

Sounds like he’s changed the culture of the club for the better in the short time he’s been here. The Acadmey lads must feel optimistic that there is a clear progression into the first team which also sends a clear message to the pros that they need to keep delivering. It seems Jos ain’t too brothered about what you’ve done and more bothered about what you are doing. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

I was speaking to haslam a few months ago & he thinks alex hunt (17 year old who just signed pro terms) will make the bench soon for us & he thinks he'll be apart of the 1st team next season, high hopes for him & thinks he'll be fast-tracked like hirst was meant to until we kept on signing striker after striker