Winger talks Lucas Joao

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Hindsight eh !! 

There were enough of us enlightened ones saying that from the moment DC gave him another season. it's not hindsight, it's actually the opposite..... it's foresight. Ironically. And to think we got abuse from the the clappers at the time. Bizarre. 

Edited by Almat

25 minutes ago, Almat said:

There were enough of us enlightened ones saying that from the moment DC gave him another season. it's not hindsight, it's actually the opposite..... it's foresight. Ironically. And to think we got abuse from the the clappers at the time. Bizarre. 

"Enlightened ones"? 

Though a great win on Tuesday- it was our first in six attempts under Jos 

To quote Pulp Fiction- "let's not start sucking each other's d1cks quite yet"

Was it foresight when the same people wanted Carlos out after we dropped out of the playoffs in February 2017 before winning 6 in a row?

Edited by robswfc

22 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

With Joao in attack we're on our way back?

Yes. Would love to see Lucas get a start against Swansea and smash it.

A big "up yours" to Carlos for overlooking him. There were times in the dog days of Carlos where I could've literally torn my hair out (if I wasn't bald) when games for crying out for Lucas to be brought into the game...

..it's done now, over. The Joao has been unleashed.

UTO

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Almat said:

Well I’m all for giving a manager time and Carlos earned that on his first season alone , don’t you think ? DC should have reminded him of his obligations to play a more expansive game as his second season progressed, that’s my foresight , hindsight or whatever . Think clubs that consistently sack managers are a laughing stock that shower at Bell end road come to mind !!. 

Faces sometimes fit and sometimes they don’t. The funny thing is Jo’s came with a reputation for being very safe and dour. He’s blooded more kids in six weeks than Carlos did in three years, and seems to be giving Lucas the confidence to go out and play. So far so good for me. And yes a few of us have changed our minds on Joao but that’s because the kid has improved massively and turning the potential we all saw into performances.

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Faces sometimes fit and sometimes they don’t. The funny thing is Jo’s came with a reputation for being very safe and dour. He’s blooded more kids in six weeks than Carlos did in three years, and seems to be giving Lucas the confidence to go out and play. So far so good for me. And yes a few of us have changed our minds on Joao but that’s because the kid has improved massively and turning the potential we all saw into performances.

Future  looks bright under Jos

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Do you think Jos would have blooded any kids if we had a fit squad?

Honest question.. I honestly don't think any of them would have got a peep.

Thorniley wouldn't have got a game if Loovens, van Aken, Lees had been fit and available.
Clare wouldn't have got in if Abdi, Bannan, Lee and Hutch had been available.

Jos is getting a bit of an instant legend reputation for playing youngsters, but in reality he had no option but to play them and almost certainly wouldn't have if he'd had a full team like carlos did for most of his time here.

Folk need to calm down a bit. All getting a bit too excited about things that aren't necessarily real.

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

All about the performance for me this weekend rather than the result. 

Of course I'd love a cup run. But more than that I want to see us challenging every 50/50 with 100% commitment. Winning the second balls and being sharp to the bounce.  Want to see them (as Zico often said) busting a gut out there. 

If we get another Derby performance.  Even if we don't get through I'll be happy.

That'd be nice, and ideally it'd be great to play well and win.  But I'd rather play terribly and win 1-0 with a goal off someone's backside in the 93rd minute than play well and lose.