Bt Sports for Sat

If you've got Plusnet broadband or know anyone who has you can get it through them to watch through an app on phone or tablet. You can get all the channels. I'm paying £2.50 a month for first six months, then goes up to a fiver. I watched all the ashes on it, footy, boxing etc. Great value and you can cast it to TV if you've got Chromecast.

Ps. Two people can use it at the same time in different location as well.

Edited by TommyCraig
Because cauliflowers.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you know if the Mobile BT app can be cast to tv with Chromecast. How does it work and how do I do it. Ive been told it can't be done.

Not sure, you have to a create a bt logon to do it through plusnet and apparently the apps are the same so I don't know why it should not work. Mine would not cast to Amazon fire box or built in TV Chromecast. I had to use an old original Chromecast stick that I had.

Edited by TommyCraig

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Thanks for that. From everything I have found it's unlikely to be able to cast to tv or even laptop.

Will have to manage with my Galaxy phone screen .

I've looked into it. You can cast from BT app but you must have a genuine Google Chromecast stick thing plugged into your tv. That's the problem I had, was trying to use other methods of casting. It does work on laptop or PC but you don't cast it, you just go to BT sport website and sign in to play it through your browser. When you sign up with plusnet it's basically the same as BT package.

Yes, BT Sport is definitely Chromecast compatible. But they are around 30 quid if you haven't already got one. Really good, mind, I've heard some of the muck sites are also compatible though obviously I wouldn't know about such things. :goalie:

You can Chromecast anything to TV, just don't do it through the by/sky sports etc app. Go first to Chromecast app and select to cast your entire phone screen then go watch whatever and you'll have it on TV. You'll have to leave phone doing that one thing for whole match but it's a perfectly good workaround.

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

I don't think that works. It only works on a mobile device. Unless somebody knows otherwise. 

I think he meant you can just log into BT Sports online and watch through a browser if you’re an actual BT Sport subscriber as opposed to an EE offer one. I’ve got a mates log in and can do that but also the EE offer only on my phone.

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

Slightly confused due to post from DGowl which follows your post :wacko:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/~/can-i-stream-bt-sport-using-chromecast-or-apple-tv%3F

Can I stream BT Sport using Chromecast or Apple TV?

Yes, with the right equipment, you can stream the app to your TV if you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber.

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

• EE Mobile subscription
  • BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband
  • BT Business package

(Windows devices are also unable to cast to big screens, whatever subscription you’re on.)

If you are casting, be aware that it's only possible to cast the Standard player: not the Enhanced player. Also remember that the device you're using the BT Sport App on must be connected to the same wi-fi network as your Apple TV or Chromecast

On 15/02/2018 at 20:08, A12owl said:

I don't think that works. It only works on a mobile device. Unless somebody knows otherwise. 

I've got my mates BT log in details so i've had bt sports 2 up on my laptop (MacBook) and I have apple TV so can put it up on my tv from the mac, easy this tech stuff really, just had the 8 year old in from next door to set it up for me, he's like a little remote control he is.lol

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2018 at 08:49, A12owl said:

Thanks DG. Will give it a try 

First of all, the BTSport app CAN be streamed from a mobile (you should see the cast icon within the app), but only to an original Chromecast device(1st or 2nd gen). Secondly, the screen cast feature is only available on Android (not apple) but only use this as a last option - the quality of this will be very poor in comparison with a true cast.

Hope this helps.