Old Sheffield Wednesday players - who can you name?

As I remember (and I'm getting old) Bobby Craig was a little Scot with a bald head unlike Gerry Young (the bloke on the photo who scored 3 against Manchester United after converting from left half to centre forward). I saw Tommy Mac (scored against Blanchflower's Spurs) and Alan Finney, Tony Kay (is that Keith Ellis behind Ron Springett? Didn't he score 3 against Man Utd when Wednesday beat them 7-2 at Old Trafford 62 or '63?), Red Froggatt, Tommy Craig (wonderful player). Is that Ron Shiner (after whom I was named) and I had the cigarette cards of Jimmy Seed and Walter Millership. Some cracking memories in that lot! Many thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

Short crew cut maybe? I was small at the time! Didn’t we get him from Third Lanark ? Stretching the old brain cells a bit there. Is Third Lanark the weirdest name for a football club?

No mate there is a club called The Weirdest in one of South American countries and what I always giggle at, team from Norway called...................Odd!!!

On 20/02/2018 at 15:13, Elderly Owl said:

Short crew cut maybe? I was small at the time! Didn’t we get him from Third Lanark ? Stretching the old brain cells a bit there. Is Third Lanark the weirdest name for a football club?

Bobby Craig of Third Lanark played in a Sheffield v Glasgow inter city game at Hillsboro in late 1959.

I was there.  1-1 draw.  He must have impressed Catterick that night.

Third Lanark, as previously explained was short fror 3rd Lanarkshire Rifles.  They went bust 1964-5.