Where can you see the Wednesday ground from?

1 hour ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

Pretty good bait.  Min. 10 pages :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Be careful I predicted a 10 pager in another thread and had my post removed.

:picnic:

1 hour ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

People need to keep quoting then...:ph34r:

I'm confused...are we quoting as a protest, or are we quoting as a way of helping it reach 10 pages? I'm up for the former, but fear I have only helped contribute to the latter... 

Edited by Owl At Risk
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Used to be able to see it from my bedroom window at the top of Aldene Road (next to Wadsley Common).

Yeah I was gonna say Wadsley and Loxley Commons - there's even a viewing platform with a couple of bench seats looking southwest towards Sheffield up there, isn't there?

edit: yes there is. bet you can see it from here

On Loxley and Wadsley Common looking towards Sheffield

Edited by Mr. Tom

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Top of Park Grange Road or Drive. One of the few places where you can see Lane, Olive Grove  (as was) and Hillsborough. May as well throw in Highfields as well but not too sure on that. 

You can definitely see all 4 from one of the penthouse apartments on the 14th floor of that posh student accommodation that used to be the BT Telephone house on Charter Row.

I know this because I was recently back scuttling a fit student lass up against her window. Either that or I used to work in there when the canteen occupied the 14th floor. Can't quite remember which of those facts is true. 

1 hour ago, Owl At Risk said:

You can definitely see all 4 from one of the penthouse apartments on the 14th floor of that posh student accommodation that used to be the BT Telephone house on Charter Row.

I know this because I was recently back scuttling a fit student lass up against her window. Either that or I used to work in there when the canteen occupied the 14th floor. Can't quite remember which of those facts is true. 

Now I know you are lying because you would have torn through at least 150 deg. Not possible while back scuttling your todger would fall out of its slippery jacket lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Now I know you are lying because you would have torn through at least 150 deg. Not possible while back scuttling your todger would fall out of its slippery jacket lol

Spat coffee on keyboard at that!

Anyway you're wrong, I am an owl and I can rotate my head 270 degrees whist my body stays in place doing the necessary....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SimonJ said:

I've heard this before - apparently you can see top of Humber Bridge towers from Ringinglow too - I love the view over Sheffield from up there, and always make a point of driving up there (and on up to Burbage) whenever I visit my Mum and Dad's..... it's never been clear enough to see all the way over towards Lincoln or Humber Bridge - has anyone on here got any photos to show it's true....?

Only seen bridge with binoculars. Never seems absolutely clear these days.

and I believe Crosspool and the hill near Dykes Hall road would prevent seeing SWFC from Ringinglow.

4 hours ago, ramone said:

Ok, i'll probably get whoooooshed for this but is that actually true? 

Defy between 1311& 1549 when it had a spire and at 525ft was the world's tallest building!

On a serious note I'll have to go up there next time I'm back in Sheffield with some Bino's on a clear day (if there is one) and test it out!

• Like 1