Adam Reach in the middle of the park

That's where he needs to stay.

He's getting better and better in the middle, and his energy in there is a huge positive for us at the moment.

He's wasted at LB and a good option for LM, but for me, in the middle is his spot.

He'd also be my captain too.

Build the team around this lad.

Top, top player and I'm delighted he's proved some fans wrong.

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox

See how he does for the rest of season in that position. I'm not 100% sold on the idea, but could be convinced if he continues this form. 

Bullen put him in the middle in his first game in charge, hes played every game for Jos in the middle (i think), hes played better in the middle and becomes a focal point of team. Suspect hes always wanted to play central but Carlos wouldnt consider it an option.

Took some fearful stick at times under CC, but just appeared (to me) to be following the instructions he was being given even though they actually made him a weaker player. 

Starting to really see his ability now, and his strength of character as well. 

Starting to look a snip at £5m if you ask me, we’d get much, much more than that for him now and his value is (one of the few of our players!) going up with every game he plays. 

Guest The Horse

Yep.
Not sure if he was in the wrong position or a little taken aback when he first came in.
But he's Mr Sheffield Wednesday and our torch bearer at the minute.
Real strength of character to come through Carlos's weirdness, endure this awful season and be the one to lead by example.
The boy has become the man.

13 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

As long as he is part of a midfield three he will keep flourishing.

But not at left back or as an out and out winger in a 4-4-2.

This is coming from the guy who called him the biggest waste of money in our history earlier in the season.

this is bang on imo. Needs the protection of a third, deep midfielder behind him because he does take chances in possession and he doesn't naturally sniff out danger very often. In  a two he'd be a real risk, but in a three he's a nightmare for the opposition because he can run with the ball, he can go either way and he has that ability to run beyond the strikers too.

• Thanks 1

He's getting up to Kieran Lee levels of effectiveness box to box and along with Joey P and Shaun Clare last night give us more energy and pressing in centre mid than for ages. It will be interesting if George Boyd can be converted into left wing back until we look to move a few in and out this summer. I also think Jos giving him the captaincy in some recent games has increased his confidence and impact on the team. Look forward to seeing if he can strike up a similar working relationship in this new role with Barry Bannan to that of Kieran when BB returns from injury - and see if BB also benefits from 3-5-2 - no reason why he shouldn't if we can get improved performance at wingback and mobility up top.

1 minute ago, big moz said:

He's getting up to Kieran Lee levels of effectiveness box to box and along with Joey P and Shaun Clare last night give us more energy and pressing in centre mid than for ages. It will be interesting if George Boyd can be converted into left wing back until we look to move a few in and out this summer. I also think Jos giving him the captaincy in some recent games has increased his confidence and impact on the team. Look forward to seeing if he can strike up a similar working relationship in this new role with Barry Bannan to that of Kieran when BB returns from injury - and see if BB also benefits from 3-5-2 - no reason why he shouldn't if we can get improved performance at wingback and mobility up top.

Pudil is the best wing back at the club- just need enough fit centre halves to allow him to play there.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

See how he does for the rest of season in that position. I'm not 100% sold on the idea, but could be convinced if he continues this form. 

Id be amazed if he ends up as a CM.

He is a wide player, ideally LWB, possibly LW and possibly LB, but in my humble and happy to be wrong opinion, never going to be a CM. 

He will do a job there, or anywhere for that matter, because he is quality. But no, not a long-term CM. 

Edited by Holmowl

24 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Pudil is the best wing back at the club- just need enough fit centre halves to allow him to play there.

Wing backs need pace and an engine. 

Maybe years ago, but he doesn’t possess either trait now. 

32 minutes ago, big moz said:

As good as Bannan is he needs to be kept away from our side we’re better without him. Doesn’t fit. 

Reach alongside Hutch for me has everything