New TV deal

The next TV deal is close to completion with 2 more packages up for auction. Sky has again got the majority with BT taking the rest. Details are a bit sketchy at the moment but it seems that the money being offered is the same or slightly less for more televised games meaning that clubs will get less than the £10 million per game they get now. Again details are sketchy but figures of £7.5 million per game are being quoted. 

Edited by darra

£4.4bn compared to £5.1bn for the same rights packages 

So 13% fall in revenues though 2 new packages still to sell but these are the midweek ones and the view on the radio last night is they may not have reached the bid price.

Until Amazon or Facebook can monetize streaming - even Netflix are not that successful we might have reached the peak.

Tbh it all ends up with players, agents and shadowy characters - so that would be no bad thing 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Inevitable that the gravy train would slow down. Despite the huge amounts still being poured in by Sky etc; clubs would do well to heed the subtle change. Live within your means.

All this money flying around yet the team I play for on a Saturday haven't played a league game since November because of the quality of pitches... Nothing gets filtered down to where it matters the most. GRASS ROOTS

Modern day football ladies and gents

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
10 minutes ago, ramone said:

All this money flying around yet the team I play for on a Saturday haven't played a league game since November because of the quality of pitches... Nothing gets filtered down to where it matters the most. GRASS ROOTS

Yep, unfortunately greed and self interest trump's all else.

53 minutes ago, ramone said:

A good Spring feed should improve things.

• Like 1

Guest Grez Bez
8 hours ago, ramone said:

Who do you play for?