Loovens

Whenever you think it's time he was put out to pasture, he proves you wrong. Quality performance yesterday. Leadership and intelligent game reading.

Was it because he was up against another old-timer in Nugent? Or has he too been carrying injury/illness lately? Hopefully the latter and we see him at his best until the end of the season.

Much better game last night.

His problem is the lack of pace when he's isolated ...that's not going to change. His experience is important but we need to have options and against Swansea it would worry me if he were selected to start simply because of the pace of their forwards.

Would prefer to keep him for league games and make sure he's fully fit. 

When fans post that he should never play again they need to look at who we have for that position. He is not keeping out a near perfect Bobby Moore or Des Walker. He is keeping out lower 2nd tier CBs who have weaknesses too.

I think Glenn got pilloried for his slow distribution, when in fact he was under instruction to play that way.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

When fans post that he should never play again they need to look at who we have for that position. He is not keeping out a near perfect Bobby Moore or Des Walker. He is keeping out lower 2nd tier CBs who have weaknesses too.

I think Glenn got pilloried for his slow distribution, when in fact he was under instruction to play that way.

There is a tendency to write players off prematurely. He'll be needed certainly for the rest of this season.

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

There is a tendency to write players off prematurely. He'll be needed certainly for the rest of this season.

The 2018 Owlstalk award for the understatement of the year goes to......

Xxxxxxxxxcxcc - for “tendency to write players off prematurely”

Totally agree. If we can see Glenn and Tom as CBs for a lot of the remaining games we would be in very safe hands.

17 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

There's a similar situation slowly building regarding Westwood, now that the two young lads are getting games and playing well.

These last few months show that you need three quality keepers in your squad to get you through the season.

I think Loovens has a year on his contract beyond this one - using him from time to time next season would be wise, I reckon.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

There's a similar situation slowly building regarding Westwood, now that the two young lads are getting games and playing well.

These last few months show that you need three quality keepers in your squad to get you through the season.

I think Loovens has a year on his contract beyond this one - using him from time to time next season would be wise, I reckon.

Yes agreed though with Westwood it's unikely that he'd be content unless an auto starter if fit. I think we are fast approaching the time when this becomes unlikely.

Loovens is slow 

His distribution is slow, he gives the impression he might pull a fetlock every time he kicks it.

However that has been the case for a couple of years now.

The difference this season before last night was that he had lost his steadiness and assurance. He was panicking. Last night was better

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Loovens is slow 

His distribution is slow, he gives the impression he might pull a fetlock every time he kicks it.

However that has been the case for a couple of years now.

The difference this season before last night was that he had lost his steadiness and assurance. He was panicking. Last night was better

Last night was better for the whole team.