PENALTY? WHAT PENALTY?

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

C'mon lads. Only one thing worse than a bad loser - a bad winner!

To be fair to Rowett he talks about Joao's wonderful finishing, our energy and work rate. He has a bit of a moan about a few things but mainly about his own teams lack of cool in the final third which has been their strength this season. In the end he says "take it on the chin" etc. TBH he is partly trying to defend his 6 changes ....

Meanwhile Couple of points to ponder - credit Rowett with the way he has had to sell some of their best players (Will Hughes (?) Ince etc - FFP?) and yet got an effective team that is doing the business this year

Second - just look at Brum still recovering from sacking him.

Nah fookhim:luhukay:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

Nothing unusual in what he said by a manager after a defeat.

I agree quite a routine talk after the match when you lose in fact I think he’s  quite right Derby had more of the chances But they was not Spectacular It was quite a 50-50 game :luhukay:The only difference we took two of the three or four chances we had

2 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

“Carson’s not had a save to make” 

I can think of two times there were saves for him to make. Going on about how they had double the chances, we’ll Wildsmith had the same amount of saves to make as Carson, and he made them all whereas Carson didn’t.

He talks some right poo when he loses.

He's also choosing to ignore the free header from Venancio (I think) in front of the away end in the first half.

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Derby complaining penalties not given, give me foooking strength, never been a penalty their player should be competing in the olympics with that dive.

Referee was David Coote we have had him a few times recently and he still doesn’t know how the dissent rule works, I can’t believe he booked Pudil while letting the Derby players get away with their whiny complaining for 90mins.

We should’ve had two penalties at their place then again Scott Duncan was the ref that day :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

I think it was the one where their player threw himself up in the air, did a double somersault and a half pike. Couldn’t believe he didn’t get booked for such an impressive dive. And time wasting? Didn’t the ref have to speak to their keeper about it after about ten minutes. Funny it stopped when the goals went in.

all that above and in reality he tripped over his stupid beard lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jayzman said:

It was a surprise it wasn't awarded, given that Johnson was practically reffing the game last night.

Like most referees though he couldn't get close enough to the action.

Especially as he seemed to be carrying two invisible rolls of carpet under his arms. 

Did nothing of note in the game, save for a few long passes, like a fat lad playing Wembley on the beach at a stag weekend.

• Haha 1

I always enjoy listening to the opposition moaning after the game. It generally means we've got under their skin and they know they been done over. It used to happen every week under Megson when we beat teams with work rate and physical football. It looks like Jos like his players to be a bit physical too s hopefully we'll  be hearing this kind of thing quite often!

Can't be doing with all this 'playing the right  way' rubbish, there is no right or wrong way, just a winning way and a losing way.

The ref harrassed owls player at every stoppage yet their players took exactly the same time with theirs both before and after we scored. Rowett whinged about Joe taking 10 seconds to take a kick after being hurried by the ref. He added 5 mins on (that's 30 lots of 10 seconds to make up for it) without a trainer coming onto the pitch (I think) and as for Rowett's comment that Joe made two great saves yet Carson didn't have any to make...wrong, he had two to make and missed them both. I love people that use stats to justify this and that...there is one stat in football, who scored most goals.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

and as for Rowett's comment that Joe made two great saves yet Carson didn't have any to make...wrong, he had two to make and missed them both.

I sort of thought that myself....but I only watched the game from the stand.

Just typical Rowett. 

Derby were poor last night. Kept the ball relatively well, but they were poor in the final third. 

He's always been a whinging tw@t. Remember when we gave his Birmingham side an absolute spanking on Boxing Day a few years back (3-0) and he was complaining about this and that. 

i thought the ref had a good game , derby looked a decent team and we were (for a second eleven  ish )fecking awesome .......rowett can have no complaints , he like most of us must have thought that they turn up, play well ,we roll over and they walk away with 3 points .......that he was sadly (for him) mistaken makes it no surprise that he's looking for an excuse for the reason why it didn't turn out as planned .