PENALTY? WHAT PENALTY?

I think it was the one where their player threw himself up in the air, did a double somersault and a half pike. Couldn’t believe he didn’t get booked for such an impressive dive. And time wasting? Didn’t the ref have to speak to their keeper about it after about ten minutes. Funny it stopped when the goals went in.

Their player went down easily in the box and the ref rightly played on (imo). Ironically it was the same ref who booked Kieran Lee for "diving" when he was blatantly fouled at Bolton, yet last night he didn't produce a card.

Also amusing to hear Derby whinge about timewasting given some of the embarrassing shenanigans they've given us over the years, especially when that little runt Billy Davies was in charge.

• Like 1

I wonder if whilst moaning about this non-penalty at 0-2 down, they recall the nailed on penalty and red card for them we should have had when Fletcher was fouled in the box at their place (Rowett even agreed it should have been given). Or Keogh handling the ball on the line in the first few minutes last season.

• Thanks 1

That Matt guy that was covering it for Sky mentioned it and said ‘ we’d got away with it ‘ or something like that and that Rowett was going ballistic on the touchline. It was after we’d gone 2-0 up.

Rowett really is a bad loser

C'mon lads. Only one thing worse than a bad loser - a bad winner!

To be fair to Rowett he talks about Joao's wonderful finishing, our energy and work rate. He has a bit of a moan about a few things but mainly about his own teams lack of cool in the final third which has been their strength this season. In the end he says "take it on the chin" etc. TBH he is partly trying to defend his 6 changes ....

Meanwhile Couple of points to ponder - credit Rowett with the way he has had to sell some of their best players (Will Hughes (?) Ince etc - FFP?) and yet got an effective team that is doing the business this year

Second - just look at Brum still recovering from sacking him.

“Carson’s not had a save to make” 

I can think of two times there were saves for him to make. Going on about how they had double the chances, we’ll Wildsmith had the same amount of saves to make as Carson, and he made them all whereas Carson didn’t.

He talks some right poo when he loses.

Just a case of a manager trying deflect attention away from a bad performance.

I don't understand why the player hit the deck as if he stayed on his feet had a good chance to score.

Almost as if players have in their mind to get a penalty so much they forget its better to score.

Hate diving and play acting, spoils the game and saw quite a bit of it from Derby last night.

Wednesday are not innocent of this either I may add.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brammy said:

Should be thankful they finished the game with 11 men in my opinion.

Once they'd got the full mardys on towards the end they were getting a bit nawty with the tackles.

Johnson played the entire game like some roid fuelled  Sunday league goon.  

Nothing delighted me more than seeing his disconsolate face at the final whistle. 

So too Keogh. The NYPD banned the choke hold in 1993 but it is still available for all to see everytime this particular  mock Irishman takes to the field.  I'd like to have seen our lads take it in in turns to pummel him. But we're too honest a side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Derby complaining penalties not given, give me foooking strength, never been a penalty their player should be competing in the olympics with that dive.

Referee was David Coote we have had him a few times recently and he still doesn’t know how the dissent rule works, I can’t believe he booked Pudil while letting the Derby players get away with their whiny complaining for 90mins.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

I think it was the one where their player threw himself up in the air, did a double somersault and a half pike. Couldn’t believe he didn’t get booked for such an impressive dive. And time wasting? Didn’t the ref have to speak to their keeper about it after about ten minutes. Funny it stopped when the goals went in.

Yeah, I think Carson and Keogh were talking about where their next holiday destinations were!!

Personally think Rowett is a very good manager - and my immediate reaction was Ledley probably was pushed in the box. However our last 2 visits to Derby have been influenced massively by poor decisions in Derby's favour so little sympathy from me. 

Should still have booked him though for arguing with the ref vociferously for the next 5 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Personally think Rowett is a very good manager - and my immediate reaction was Ledley probably was pushed in the box. However our last 2 visits to Derby have been influenced massively by poor decisions in Derby's favour so little sympathy from me.

Should still have booked him though for arguing with the ref vociferously for the next 5 minutes.

Yea like the nailed on Steven Fletcher pen at theirs, karma!