Praise our manager !!

23 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I agree mate.

The Birmingham game was just unfortunate for Jos. He can’t do anything about the mix up between Fred and Joe for their first goal and for Joes error for their 2nd. 

Hes doing well with a reserve team!

And the two sending offs 

Well pleased for JL tonight.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the team,I was excited by the inclusion of young Clare,Boyd starting,Rhodes back and a back four.

Have to say it was bold and brave of jos last night,and he reaped his rewards so well done pal,a lot of VERY pleased customers tonight :CEO:

I think Jos has found his team.  The fact that (Brum apart) he has got us picking points up as he tried everything and everyone out is a good testament.  Well done Jos.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Can the serial moaners now try (hard as it may be for them) to adopt positive thoughts? Jos appears to walk the walk, rather than to talk the talk, and long may it continue. If he can put a side together to beat Derby with most of his seemingly best players injured, I’m very interested in the incomings and outgoings in the summer, will Fessi be knocking on his door, and will he restart Rhodes career, interesting days to come?

Loads of positives

1.He has identified the strengths of players and played a system which uses those strengths.Made the best of what was a poor situation

2. He has utilised the whole squad to combat lack of conditioning. Has set in progress training to address lack of conditioning of players.

3. Has spoke common sense always shows integrity and does not do histrionics.

4. Identified where we needed a player and brought in a promising player at relatively low cost.

5.introduced some youth into the team and given hope to the forgotten of our squad. at the same time bringing back confidence which had got extremely low.

6.We now have a strong team ethic and play as a team.

7.Off the pitch i beieve has started to address poor scouting and player recruitment procedures we previously had in place. Bullen when in temporary charge indicated DC had asked him to identify what areas of the team players were required. I suspect that some of the players offered to fill voids in team were not to his satisfaction and so we did not sign them. Instead we have recruited a scout and started to put together own network,

Sincerely hope we make available as much funds as possible for summer rebuilding and he his given free hand to build a team. If so we are in for excellent season next year.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Can the serial moaners now try (hard as it may be for them) to adopt positive thoughts? Jos appears to walk the walk, rather than to talk the talk, and long may it continue. If he can put a side together to beat Derby with most of his seemingly best players injured, I’m very interested in the incomings and outgoings in the summer, will Fessi be knocking on his door, and will he restart Rhodes career, interesting days to come?

I thought Rhodes had his most influential game for us last night for ages. Ok he didn't score, but his closing down, effort and positioning was all there. Hopefully JL will get him back to the player he was. It helps though when your team mates are working hard as well !

He'd done well so far. I'm going to rate his games out of 10 with a little caveat as to why... 

Blades - Good draw in the circumstances. Lets not forget though that they were in similar for to us have won 1 in 10 when we played them. Went there to not get beat which we did. On another day, could have walked out of there with all 3 points - 7/10

Carlisle - Expected to win. We did. Notable performances form Matias and Nuhiu - 7/10

Cardiff - Again, a draw against a team that were out of sorts at the time ad their only real threat was lump it up to the big lad and play off. We missed chances in this game through Rhodes and Joao and on another day, could have taken all 3 points. Good defensive display but not all that going forward - 7/10

Reading - Good win in a game you have to win (a cup tie). Could have gone either way had they converted early chances. But we weathered the storm and went on to blow them away He, again, got a tune of the Nuhiu and Matias in this game. Blooded young'uns in the team as well which was a bonus - 8/10

Boro - Absolute snore fest of a game. In truth, we probably defended well enough on the nigh to just about deserve the point. We showed absolutely nothing going forward and finished the game with a back 6. It reminded me of 2012 where i'd have been delighted to walk out of the Riverside with a scrappy 0-0. I like to feel we've evolved since then so I cant really get excited by the result - 6/10

Birmingham - A game lost by ourselves. The less said the better - N/A

Barnsley - Didn't go to Barnsley so difficult to give an informed opinion o this. Scored the goal and conceded straight away. Even with the side we have out there at the moment, we should really be going to sides like Barnsley and winning. Take into account the Derby aspect and a 1-1 is fair enough. Cant be happy though - 6/10

Derby - Superb performance by everyone - 10/10

I've tried to be as fair as possible and trying not to view thing through blue and white tinted glasses. To summarise, happy so far if not delighted. Showing a bit more attacking intent as we did last night and I think we're on to a good thing.

Can the future be bright? Whatever happens, we'll all be blue and white

16 hours ago, torryowl said:

played 8 

won     3 

drawn  4 

lost      1 

not too dusty......

Yep he’s doing very well so far 

When you compare him to Chris hughton at Brighton, who was appointed by them at a similiar time of year and in a similiar league position, his record after the first 8 games was something like 3 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats. And I bet he didn’t have at least 10 first team players missing. 

I feel we are in a similiar way as Brighton were at the time. Had been a playoff team, then had a shocking start to a season. Hughton is rightly lauded for his achievements with them 

Hopeully Jos can put us on a similiar path upwards 

On 14/02/2018 at 16:14, Bark1062 said:

Yep the guy must have been through the mill last few weeks, pleased he’s got something to smile about and should help his own confidence & belief going forward.

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Kin ell he can crack a smile 

Teeth like matias