Praise our manager !!

Came to a team with low morale, zero confidence, 1st team injured on a run of bad results after high expectations and apart from birmingham game he has steadied the ship, tightened up the defence and totally changed the formation. Youngsters are coming in and playing well and he succeeded in rotating a small squad to get the most from them. All this while being unbeaten against middlesborough, cardiff and beating derby. Without any of the injured players back in the team. I not getting carried away yet but I don't think we could have realistically hoped for any more from our new manager. Cant wait to see his own team next season if what we seen already is to go by. 

• Thanks 2

Now that he’s won a league game at least people can’t throw that at him. 

People need to show him support. It’s about Jos and Wednesday now, no one else. 

I’m enjoying that the players (young and old) are actually caring and putting some effort in. 

More performances like tonight and we’ll be fine.  

7 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

He's worked minor miracles if you ask me.

Would not be a major surprise if he got us into playoffs next term.

If he doesn't get automatic he wants sacking.

This is a joke by the way :biggrin:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Bar the bizarre Birmingham game, he's done outstandingly well, considering the circumstances.

Lovely to see the young lads coming through too. How refreshing to have such a wealth of young talent. Come on young George, you can be part of this too

Well done Jos

Imagine if he could be persuaded to change his mind. Surely its not too late for both club and player to come to some amicable agreement. Any youth player must now genuinely believe they will get a chance in the first team and stay there if they are good enough. George must be thinking that JL could just be the manager to help forge at least a foundation may be more towards a successful pro career. Wildsmith, Nielson, O'grady, Thorniley, Clare and Stobbs all youth players getting 1st team experience never imagined under CC. Time will tell but I have faith in Jos !

I think our little general JL can be classed has a quiet achiever, don't be fooled just because he doesn't run up and down the touchline punching fresh air.

Under his rain coat the lions will be roaring, well done JL.

I had a quiet boss once, scared the crap out of me.

I was impressed today because even without any of our first team players coming back he recognized that switching to 442 today instead of the 352/532 he has played so far worked against what is one of the better sides in the division and one we don’t beat very often!!  He has shown flexibility in areas that Carlos wouldn’t and it has benefitted us.  The one benefit of our injury situation is he is being able to get a look at some of our youngsters in real life games, that will give him a much better idea of what we need to do in the summer.

6 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Came to a team with low morale, zero confidence, 1st team injured on a run of bad results after high expectations and apart from birmingham game he has steadied the ship, tightened up the defence and totally changed the formation. Youngsters are coming in and playing well and he succeeded in rotating a small squad to get the most from them. All this while being unbeaten against middlesborough, cardiff and beating derby. Without any of the injured players back in the team. I not getting carried away yet but I don't think we could have realistically hoped for any more from our new manager. Cant wait to see his own team next season if what we seen already is to go by. 

Will he be here next season? Does his contract extend to them?

7 hours ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Agree. Hopefully he has identified which players arent good enough to play week in week out ie jones and fox for me. Starting to feel like hes getting to grips with it aal

Add Wallace to that list. That team last night is the way forward until we get people back from injury. 

7 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Bar the bizarre Birmingham game, he's done outstandingly well, considering the circumstances.

Lovely to see the young lads coming through too. How refreshing to have such a wealth of young talent. Come on young George, you can be part of this too

Well done Jos

I agree mate.

The Birmingham game was just unfortunate for Jos. He can’t do anything about the mix up between Fred and Joe for their first goal and for Joes error for their 2nd. 

Hes doing well with a reserve team!

Give em a good pre season bring his own players in to add to some of our better ones who will return from injury, get rid of at least 8/9 ie Fox, Jones, butterfield (will be going back anyway thankfully) a few more and even Hutchinson as much as I love him, it’s pointless us having him for 10 games a season.

then we can judge him, can’t judge him at all this season with what he’s got at his disposal while there’s so many out injured, think he’ll do alright with us

Posted earlier in the week that while many things going on at S6 currently worry me, Jos as manager certainly isn't one of them.

I think criticisms of him, and indeed some calling for his head, are extremely premature and completely disproportionate. 

Bar the shocking performance against Brum, we have consistently shown greater intensity, better organisation and a clear and defined way of playing. While we haven't looked like Barca or owt, I've found it refreshing to at least be able to see what the manager is actually trying to achieve, something I often couldn't work out under Carlos.

He's done all this with a squad decimated by injury, untested young players and with the expectations of a frustrated fanbase.

I say hats off to the bloke.

• Like 1