Sean Clare first league start

Thought he did well. Not going to get too carried away but I thought it was a solid game and he was effective.

Was a tough game.  Had to do lots of angle cutting and lots of shuttle work to get over and help on the right. 

Thought all the midfield 3 were really good tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought he did well. Not going to get too carried away but I thought it was a solid game and he was effective.

Was a tough game.  Had to do lots of angle cutting and lots of shuttle work to get over and help on the right. 

Thought all the midfield 3 were really good tonight. 

That is the main point IMHO, something we have lacked for a while now.

1 minute ago, blakey1959 said:

I hope he realises whàt a fantastic opportunitý he has to develop his càreer àt oùŕ great club .Get that contràct signed làd .çonsistently turn in perfoŕmances like tonight and the finançial rewards are surè to follow 

makes me feel like ive got a dirty screen!

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, MAL said:

That is the main point IMHO, something we have lacked for a while now.

Definitely.  I wasn't trying to play down his performance. 

It was a tough game to come into. Difficult circumstances.

He's done a lot of dirty work tonight  (as they all have to be fair) but in many ways I think that's just ass impressive as a kid who comes flying on the scene and smashes a wonder goal and set unrealistic expectations among the fanbase.

I'm really pleased he's come in and tracked, marked and tackled. In the long run I actually think that's more important. 

The fannying about stuff can be added later!

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Definitely.  I wasn't trying to play down his performance. 

It was a tough game to come into. Difficult circumstances.

He's done a lot of dirty work tonight  (as they all have to be fair) but in many ways I think that's just ass impressive as a kid who comes flying on the scene and smashes a wonder goal and set unrealistic expectations among the fanbase.

I'm really pleased he's come in and tracked, marked and tackled. In the long run I actually think that's more important. 

The fannying about stuff can be added later!

Correct M'Lud

Tonight’s performance shows Clare’s quality and potential.

He worked extremely hard, full of energy and his driving runs were very positive.

Call me paranoid, but I’m concerned that the club’s hierarchy have allowed to a talented youngster to run his contract down into the last few months.

MOTM performance against one of the best sides in the division and he’s available to move on a free in the summer.  Doesn’t seem very smart business in my opinion.

I think we’ve taken our eye off the ball here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Captain said:

Tonight’s performance shows Clare’s quality and potential.

He worked extremely hard, full of energy and his driving runs were very positive.

Call me paranoid, but I’m concerned that the club’s hierarchy have allowed to a talented youngster to run his contract down into the last few months.

MOTM performance against one of the best sides in the division and he’s available to move on a free in the summer.  Doesn’t seem very smart business in my opinion.

I think we’ve taken our eye off the ball here.

According to Jos the club are in talks with him right now over a new contract...seems reasonable to me.

6 minutes ago, qantas said:

According to Jos the club are in talks with him right now over a new contract...seems reasonable to me.

Fantastic news if the club can get the lad tied down on a decent contract.

The club are going to look a bit dopey if Clare accepts an offer elsewhere though.

Just wish the club wouldn’t leave issues like this to chance.

Edited by The Captain

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

Fantastic news if the club can get the lad tied down on a decent contract.

The club are going to look a bit dopey if Clare accepts an offer elsewhere though.

Just wish the club wouldn’t leave issues like this to chance.

Don't think he can accept an offer elsewhere until his current one ends can he?

Hopefully we'll tie him down along with a few others, about time we had a batch of young uns coming through.

Clare can’t accept an offer from elsewhere no, but that won’t stop a potentially interested club from trying to talk to him.  Just like any other player.

At least if Clare attracts interest from another club, by having a contract with the player, it protects the club financially should we lose him in the summer.

But yes, hopefully the club and player will sort out the contract malarkey.  And we’ll all be happier for it.

6 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

And they were correct - but needs must and Wallace's injury paved the way for a return. 

I don't think you and I have the same definition of 'frozen out', then.

Those who just a couple of days ago were criticising the club for 'making him sit in the stands' and suggesting we're stifling his development clearly weren't correct: we've just left Jones and Palmer (who's played midfield before, of course) on the bench and given him his full Championship debut!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

His agile, rangy and balanced style reminded me of Giles Coke.

If he has the ability of Coke and the work ethic of Kieran Lee I’m sure he’ll play many more games for us.

You must have read my mind as I thought exactly the same - Giles Coke, even had the same thoughts of ‘I hope he’s got more of a work ethic’

Looks to be one of those annoyingly naturally gifted types!