Sean Clare first league start

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Do you mean Hirst is refusing to play for us?! Surprised we haven't just sacked him.

No idea why he isn’t playing, but the whole situation isn’t pathetic. Crying shame, when the lad could be playing football for the club he supports. 

Thought Curtis davis reaction at the end was telling. Went over to Clare, gave him a massive hug and was clearly telling him he thought he’d played really well. Decent thing for Davis to do as well I thought. 

Clare tired a bit towards the end as to be expected but thought he looked excellent, especially first half. Legs, can pass, not afraid to put his boot in, quick. Everything we’ve been missing for a while. 

Long may may it continue. 

• Like 1

I'm going to start a rumour that Adam Reach is going to be frozen out until he starts the next game just to look cool. lol

On a more serious note Clare looked fantastic tonight - lad should be proud of that

There’s a video of him on YouTube based on his time at Accrington and our u23s. A bit raw but has the attributes of an all round midfielder who can get box to box quickly shoot and put a foot in. These kinds of players can be worth a lot of money indeed so it’s imperative we get him signed up.

It really frustrated me that with the exception of forestieri, Carlos would never play this kind of player, an individual player who can carry the ball and counter.  I can see that it didn’t fit his philosophy but these kinds of players are key in England and we’ve had them running through our midfield for the opposition and opening us up.

Sean Clare is an exciting young prospect. His turn of pace is effortless. Good in the air too. Needs to work a little on end product but for a first game was outstanding. 

If we had signed him for a few million we would have been very happy. This lad is quality. 

And as he is young and not made of biscuit like the rest of the squad he can take a bit of punishment and get stuck in.