Season ticket campaign about to start

4 hours ago, torres said:

The price of the season tickets in an ideal world would be vastly reduced - a sign of goodwill and yet still be competitive in the transfer market.

However there is still the 3rd year of the 3 year deal to run - so they have to be set at a certain price to ensure that the 3 year campaign was ''credible''.

Therefore i'm expecting less than attractive prices for most and a real downturn in take up for next year 

Doesn't mean we have to continue with the highest prices in the league for prices for non- season ticket holders though.

There should be some fexibility there without causing a backklash from year 3 season ticket holders.

Mind you if the unthinkable were to happen (the R word again) the whole ticket price policy would be in tatters..

For that reason I don't see many early bird renewals at any price.

11 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

It’ll be just Daveyboy and Finlux Cup left if he keeps upping the prices, they’ll then have to resort to abusing each other across the stands for not being Wednesday enough or not clapping a back pass at the correct pitch or summat.

Finlux cup , what an absaloute character. Never has there been a more angry individual. They can pat each other on the back, safe in the knowledge they are the bestest wednesday fans ever ! 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Finlux cup , what an absaloute character. Never has there been a more angry individual. They can pat each other on the back, safe in the knowledge they are the bestest wednesday fans ever ! 

5291960-3x2-940x627.jpg

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

It’ll be just Daveyboy and Finlux Cup left if he keeps upping the prices, they’ll then have to resort to abusing each other across the stands for not being Wednesday enough or not clapping a back pass at the correct pitch or summat.

You've just downed a full bottle of Sunny Delight with half a dozen Blue -Mitsi's

Haven't you? 

WTF:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My youngest is a tough one to please. She will say if she's not 100% happy with something and has no time for anyone wasting her time ha ha

Took her to her first game, sat her front row of South Stand and told her that a giant was playing for us that game (Nuhiu was named in starting lineup)

Out he came and her eyes lit up

Only downside was Nielsen then also ran out and looked 6 foot taller than Nuhiu which she instantly called me out on

lol

Anyway - we got properly snowed on all the way through the game, my daughters got a programme each and some food from the kiosks on the South Stand, and we won 

Next game I was out of the country but I paid for my daughters to go (my eldest taking the youngest) to have a sisters night out at the match and they went and had the best time with Nuhiu smashing goals in again.

All the way through the match they were sending me snapchats and photos of themselves loving it 

They're hooked now and I couldn't be happier

I'm desperate for the season ticket prices to be affordable (I'm no longer bothered about big money signings after this season) so we can go as a family to all the games.

If it's not affordable I won't moan and the girls won't be able to go but it'd be sad for me (although I'll still take them to the odd game when it's affordable to do so)

Either way - we'll find out soon what the prices are :)

I think things like kids for a quid, or at least reduced prices are good, especially for matches where there's nowhere near going to be a sell out anyway, and it gets the next generation excited about watching the owls 

The only time the pattern on the team shirt would influence my repurchase of a season ticket is if there was some red involved. Brought up with stripes but like this season's shirt and really couldn't give a monkey's as its what's wearing them that matters.

Relegation is a possibility but if you have had a season ticket for a number of years you'll already have experienced League 1 so won't be a deciding factor especially if you are a supporter for whom the habit of going to games is important.

The season ticket holders the club is most likely to lose are the ones that started buying a season ticket when Chansiri and his millions arrived along with the hope of promotion rather than the perennial fight against relegation.

When we get the players off the treatment table and back in the squad then we will have a decent side again hopefully the new manager will have some (cheap) players identified that will invigorate the squad. I am optimistic about next season if we avoid League 1 and the prices won't change significantly to influence me one way or another. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Puts it all into perspective really, doesn’t it?

In my head, I’d love Wednesday to be a massively successful club. Some days I almost convince myself that their ‘success’ is what matters to me in football terms.

But deep down, i couldn’t give a hoot as long as I get to keep going with my dad as long as possible. Hopefully with kids of my own one day. That’s all any of it is about really, isn’t it?

I'm old and cynical, hate the way football has become so financially dependent, where getting to the prem is the be all and end all, it's not, and it's why I'm not fussed if we get relegated, we've had some great times in L1, scoring goals and winning makes us happy, cheering with family and the ensuing hugs brings us closer together, sadly my dad is no more, but I now take my sons and hug them, it's what footy is really all about......it doesn't matter a jot what league your in imho.

But I'm surprised you think that way, Tom........I'm guessing you're not that old if you've not got any kids yet, so it's refreshing to hear.

• Like 1

Guest We Shall Overcome
6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On the official club Facebook page there is an appeal for fans to post photos of themselves at games and say why they love their season tickets/going to games

Looks like the season ticket campaign is about to begin

We should be able to find out the direction of the club with the announcement of the prices 

Personally Im ok with a team made up of developing the young players and giving them the opportunity to come through the ranks.

On a personal note this is also the first time I’d be able to get season tickets for my daughters to come as the recent affordable cup games have led to them falling in love with the club, so if the price is affordable I will be immediately ordering four 

(plus my youngest is insisting I get her a programme subscription next season too)

The only other catch with my youngest is that Nuhiu is there to cheer on as he is her new hero

lol

Anyway hopefully we will get the prices soon and then people can see what direction we are heading in re players 

Yes it's just a pity the best young player we have had at the club in an age, cannot wait to leave a sinking ship,as for Nuhiu if you want to pay peanuts then its back to having Players like him representing Sheffield Wednesday,in League One, or battling relegation every season in the Championship, and praying for a Take Over, talk about going Full Circle.     

Best case scenario, as I see it, is a price freeze for ST. Any higher and I think there will be a significant fall-off in numbers. Much lower and those who bought 3yr ST could be put out, though it could be argued they've already made significant savings  and would continue to do so even if prices reduced very slightly.  

2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm old and cynical, hate the way football has become so financially dependent, where getting to the prem is the be all and end all, it's not, and it's why I'm not fussed if we get relegated, we've had some great times in L1, scoring goals and winning makes us happy, cheering with family and the ensuing hugs brings us closer together, sadly my dad is no more, but I now take my sons and hug them, it's what footy is really all about......it doesn't matter a jot what league your in imho.

But I'm surprised you think that way, Tom........I'm guessing you're not that old if you've not got any kids yet, so it's refreshing to hear.

I’m old enough that my dad gets an OAP ST discount lol

Been going with him since I was young enough to get in free, mind.

It’s our only regularly scheduled time together, and in that regard I couldn’t really care less if we were watching Wednesday in the Evo Stick Conference or whatever.

Although to be fair we’d probably both stay at home swearing instead if that was the case :duntmatter:

Was it advertised last night that we are asking £185 + VAT for the Villa game in the Dooley Suite?

Having done this and will say it was nice, but just a dinner, programme, padded seat and a bit of cheese and biscuits at half time if you could get to them I would certainly baulk at that price.

A sign of things to come on the ST front?

I really hope not and echoing comments earlier, as a 3-yr ST holder, I have no issue if they reign back pricing for next season.

On 13 February 2018 at 10:55, torryowl said:

I currently pay 23 quid up in the grandstand and think that's a reasonable price to pay despite the crap we've seen this season .imo it's the POTD prices he needs to be reducing to somewhere around   no more than 10 quid what the season ticket holder pays .......

Whilst I don't disagree with your point, I think the main issue is with membership prices.

£50 to get £5 off. Add a few category E games without any member discount and you're at half a season before getting any (financial) benefit. A few games more (I'm guessing about 15) and a season ticket is the best option.

Membership should be enticing the "5 or less games a season" fan to go 8-9 times. Membership needs to be £25, break even at 5 matches. It should work in a similar way that STs have enticed some "10-15 games a season" fans to upgrade.

On 13 February 2018 at 11:04, Mr. Tom said:

It’s a tricky one ‘cos obviously ST holders are really THE key source of lump-sum income for the club year on year, so naturally they need to get as many of ‘em on board as possible, and making POTG a less attractive proposition is an important part of that. I wish POTG prices were better but if an ST doesn’t effectively get you at least 6-7 ‘free’ games a season vs POTG prices, then where’s the incentive? Especially since most ST holders will end up missing one or two anyway.

Perhaps they need a better set of ST bonuses that aren’t directly tied to match day tickets. I wonder how many would be swayed it if they got some nice merch bundled in, like an exclusive ST hoodie or something?

I've long advocated that season ticket holders should be entered into "money can't buy" draws. E.g.

A season ticket holder and guest invited to travel on the team bus to away games.

Take part in the pre-season team photo shoot.

Five season ticket holders plus guess given use of an executive box for the he day (assuming they're not all sold).

Im sure there's loads more could be done without it costing the club a penny. And I think, with enough chances to win something, quite a few fans umming and arring would be persuaded to get a ST.

21 hours ago, Day before Thursday said:

The season ticket holders the club is most likely to lose are the ones that started buying a season ticket when Chansiri and his millions arrived along with the hope of promotion rather than the perennial fight against relegation.

When we get the players off the treatment table and back in the squad then we will have a decent side again hopefully the new manager will have some (cheap) players identified that will invigorate the squad. I am optimistic about next season if we avoid League 1 and the prices won't change significantly to influence me one way or another. 

Avoiding league 1 isn't a gimme, but I share your optimism.

Its been a case of two steps forward, one step back. Stay in the championship, get the injured back, give some youngsters a bit more game time (and get their contracts sorted), a few summer sales, and even less incoming, and I think we're fit to go.

i don't understand this, "we've been rubbish this season, so I'm not buying a st for next season" mentality. Why are we rubbish this season? Most would say Carlos and the injury list. Well one has gone, hopefully the other will as well. 

Getting (I'm mainly referring to renewing) a season ticket is an extrolpolation of last night's match. How many didn't turn up because we've been rubbish for much of this season and ended up missing a great game? Do you want to miss a good season (or be forced into PotD) because we were rubbish in the previous one?