Season ticket campaign about to start

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For me (purely from a personal circumstances point of view) I'd love it if they dropped the prices drastically and gave all the three year season ticket holders the difference back in a voucher/credit for their next season ticket

That way nobody loses out and the club offers them an incentive to buy again

Stop being sensible, next you'll be asking for next seasons kit to be stripes and available to buy in July.:tango:

£575 (£25 per match) is more than enough for even the most expensive ST for people willing to commit to one imo.

(NOT a dig at non ST holders btw. Appreciate from personal experience the many different factors involved in deciding whether ST is a viable option or not).

Find it rather sad that today's prices (not just at SWFC) seem to be pricing some people out of the generations old tradition of taking your family to watch your local club.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My youngest is a tough one to please. She will say if she's not 100% happy with something and has no time for anyone wasting her time ha ha

Took her to her first game, sat her front row of South Stand and told her that a giant was playing for us that game (Nuhiu was named in starting lineup)

Out he came and her eyes lit up

Only downside was Nielsen then also ran out and looked 6 foot taller than Nuhiu which she instantly called me out on

lol

Anyway - we got properly snowed on all the way through the game, my daughters got a programme each and some food from the kiosks on the South Stand, and we won 

Next game I was out of the country but I paid for my daughters to go (my eldest taking the youngest) to have a sisters night out at the match and they went and had the best time with Nuhiu smashing goals in again.

All the way through the match they were sending me snapchats and photos of themselves loving it 

They're hooked now and I couldn't be happier

I'm desperate for the season ticket prices to be affordable (I'm no longer bothered about big money signings after this season) so we can go as a family to all the games.

If it's not affordable I won't moan and the girls won't be able to go but it'd be sad for me (although I'll still take them to the odd game when it's affordable to do so)

Either way - we'll find out soon what the prices are :)

Puts it all into perspective really, doesn’t it?

In my head, I’d love Wednesday to be a massively successful club. Some days I almost convince myself that their ‘success’ is what matters to me in football terms.

But deep down, i couldn’t give a hoot as long as I get to keep going with my dad as long as possible. Hopefully with kids of my own one day. That’s all any of it is about really, isn’t it?

36 minutes ago, torres said:

That would be the ideal way forward  - almost an apology for the year  - start a fresh - lets all get on board and behind the team. I would be 100% in favour.

Will Wednesday do that??? No chance.

An apology? Crikey.

Reality is that nobody makes us take an interest in Wednesday, and nobody owes us anything in return. We freely choose to invest our money and time in our hobby and passion because we want to. It’s its own reward (see above posts on family and stuff), even if it feels more like a punishment sometimes.

lol

If we don’t want to, we can stop whenever we like. Although we’re hopeless addicts, let’s face it.

It’s all a very bizarre quirk of human nature. I’m trying to think of a non-football comparison that works but I can’t.

Edited by Mr. Tom

As a three year st holder I would be more than happy for the prices t9 come down, especially if there was a built in incentive to buy again the year after, even if it was a reduction on another three year deal.  Win win for all.....oh and stripes back too please. 

I currently pay 23 quid up in the grandstand and think that's a reasonable price to pay despite the crap we've seen this season .imo it's the POTD prices he needs to be reducing to somewhere around   no more than 10 quid what the season ticket holder pays .......

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

An apology? Crikey.

Nobody makes us take an interest, and nobody owes us anything in return.

We freely choose to invest our money and time in our hobby and passion because we want to.

If we don’t want to, we can stop whenever we like.

Bizarre.

We put our money in (3 years worth for me) to assist the club meeting our & their objectives.

I used the word ''apology'' because this whole year has been pathetic. On the pitch - yes things can go wrong - which they have massively  - it happens, sometimes fate goes against you.

However the rest has been beyond a joke - the whole 150th year has been one failure after the next.

We deserve better and i do think an apology would be in order.

We could have given our money to a group of under 5's and i doubt it would have been worse

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I currently pay 23 quid up in the grandstand and think that's a reasonable price to pay despite the crap we've seen this season .imo it's the POTD prices he needs to be reducing to somewhere around   no more than 10 quid what the season ticket holder pays .......

It’s a tricky one ‘cos obviously ST holders are really THE key source of lump-sum income for the club year on year, so naturally they need to get as many of ‘em on board as possible, and making POTG a less attractive proposition is an important part of that. I wish POTG prices were better but if an ST doesn’t effectively get you at least 6-7 ‘free’ games a season vs POTG prices, then where’s the incentive? Especially since most ST holders will end up missing one or two anyway.

Perhaps they need a better set of ST bonuses that aren’t directly tied to match day tickets. I wonder how many would be swayed it if they got some nice merch bundled in, like an exclusive ST hoodie or something?

Edited by Mr. Tom

8 minutes ago, torres said:

We put our money in (3 years worth for me) to assist the club meeting our & their objectives.

I used the word ''apology'' because this whole year has been pathetic. On the pitch - yes things can go wrong - which they have massively  - it happens, sometimes fate goes against you.

However the rest has been beyond a joke - the whole 150th year has been one failure after the next.

We deserve better and i do think an apology would be in order.

We could have given our money to a group of under 5's and i doubt it would have been worse

Aye maybe, I suppose if you were putting money in monthly subs for any other pastime and you felt the organisation was being badly run, you might have grounds. Although again, I’d think you’d just stop paying for it first. I guess that’s what makes it a bizarre and slightly sadomasochistic affair so much of the time - many of us would feel we’d lost something important from our lives if we just stopped doing it, so we feel a bit hostage to it all, and yet it’s so far out of our hands in a way. Really odd and unique situation, football support. Anyway, UTO and here’s hoping for better.

Edited by Mr. Tom

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Aye maybe, I suppose if you were putting money in monthly subs for any other pastime and you felt the organisation was being badly run, you might have grounds. Although again, I’d think you’d just stop paying for it first. I guess that’s what makes it a bizarre and unique situation - many of us would feel we’d lost something important from our lives if we just stopped doing it, and so we feel a bit hostage to it all, and yet it’s so much out of our hands. Really odd and unique situation, football support. Anyway, UTO and here’s hoping for better.

It is a unique ''business'' - they can almost be certain that regardless of how they do they will get 15 thousand people renewing their custom for another year.

I just wish instead of being run like a village club, we'd get people on board who are able to tap into the massive pool of support we could get.

We have an opportunity 70 - 80% of clubs just can't get - the support we COULD get would blow most clubs out of the water - yet for as long as i have been alive we've been less than proactive to say the least on this front.

The club for too long has relied on blind loyalty  - i had high hopes that DC would bring in new ideas, new ways of doing things - freshen the whole place up.

Sadly it seems to be going backwards

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, torres said:

It is a unique ''business'' - they can almost be certain that regardless of how they do they will get 15 thousand people renewing their custom for another year.

I just wish instead of being run like a village club, we'd get people on board who are able to tap into the massive pool of support we could get.

We have an opportunity 70 - 80% of clubs just can't get - the support we COULD get would blow most clubs out of the water - yet for as long as i have been alive we've been less than proactive to say the least on this front.

The club for too long has relied on blind loyalty  - i had high hopes that DC would bring in new ideas, new ways of doing things - freshen the whole place up.

Sadly it seems to be going backwards

True, it’s bizarre how we’ve consistently punched well below our potential weight for decades.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On the official club Facebook page there is an appeal for fans to post photos of themselves at games and say why they love their season tickets/going to games

Looks like the season ticket campaign is about to begin

We should be able to find out the direction of the club with the announcement of the prices 

Personally Im ok with a team made up of developing the young players and giving them the opportunity to come through the ranks.

On a personal note this is also the first time I’d be able to get season tickets for my daughters to come as the recent affordable cup games have led to them falling in love with the club, so if the price is affordable I will be immediately ordering four 

(plus my youngest is insisting I get her a programme subscription next season too)

The only other catch with my youngest is that Nuhiu is there to cheer on as he is her new hero

lol

Anyway hopefully we will get the prices soon and then people can see what direction we are heading in re players 

I didn't realise that you might be able to get a season ticket for all your kids next season pal;  should have mentioned it before :duntmatter: