The Record Under Jos

P7 W2 D4 L1  F7 A5

That is the record under Jos.

Yes one of the matches was against a League 2 side but you can only beat what is put in front of you.  I assume the same people that say that match can’t be counted will say the same should we lose to a PL team on Saturday?

What Jos has clearly done is get us organised defensively, in a new system, very quickly.

The Birmingham game was shambolic but that was due to individual errors from arguably our best two performers since Jos took over.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

That aside, we’ve looked solid.

Maybe a little fortunate against Boro and Barnsley.  Certainly unfortunate against Cardiff.  Both victories were deserved.

As soon as Lees is fit, I am sure Jos will feel more able to attack teams with intent.

Do I think Jos will be a success?

I have no idea whatsoever. Nobody could possibly tell after those 7 matches.

What I do know is that with the defenders he’s had available and bearing in mind he’s completely changed our formation, his start has been solid if unspectacular.

Some of the absolute garbage I’ve heard from fellow Wednesdayites, writing him off already is the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever heard.

I thought the atmosphere against Birmingham was embarrassing.  Those few who sarcastically cheered Wildsmith when he made a save (after Just collecting the Player of the Month award) should hang their heads in shame.

I could have understood if it was a heartless capitulation but it was two genuine players making two genuine mistakes.  

I knew at half time last week that we’d see what character there was in the dressing room. 3-0 down and a man down. I thought the whole team showed real guts in the second half.

Keep up with the negative vitriolic atmosphere experienced against Birmingham and we all know what will happen.

We now have a team with several young lads from our academy in the 18.  We have a centre half and a centre midfielder that are completely new to the league and the country.  

They need our support.

Get behind them over the next few weeks and you never know they might surprise us.

Its up to each fan to make a conscious choice.

23 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

As soon as Lees is fit, I am sure Jos will feel more able to attack teams with intent.

It’s a really good post so don’t want to nit pick, but just to manage expectations a little I’m not sure that we have the players to attack with intent until at least one of FF, Bannan, Hooper or Lee comes back. Getting Lees back will be huge though for sure in terms of more solidity and competition for places.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It’s a really good post so don’t want to nit pick, but just to manage expectations a little I’m not sure that we have the players to attack with intent until at least one of FF, Bannan, Hooper or Lee comes back. Getting Lees back will be huge though for sure in terms of more solidity and competition for places.

I agree it’s an issue.

But I certainly think if he had Lees in the middle of a back three, he may at least feel able to play Reach in the position occupied by Fox and fully integrate Boyd into the team.

A back 5 may become a back 3.  Because so far we’ve definitely been playing 5-3-2 as opposed to 3-5-2.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Agree with OP and is an excellent post.

I think if you go back to some of the posts when he was appointed you'll see people saying the same thing but of course we have very high expectations here even with a first 11 out injured

People have got to start realising that he can only work with what he has and as has been said players out of form doesn't help

I still think Jos will be a success and we as fans have got to back him and get behind the team, there's better times ahead we just need to get through this patch

As and when these players come back they will be like new signings

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

P7 W2 D4 L1  F7 A5

That is the record under Jos.

Yes one of the matches was against a League 2 side but you can only beat what is put in front of you.  I assume the same people that say that match can’t be counted will say the same should we lose to a PL team on Saturday?

What Jos has clearly done is get us organised defensively, in a new system, very quickly.

The Birmingham game was shambolic but that was due to individual errors from arguably our best two performers since Jos took over.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

That aside, we’ve looked solid.

Maybe a little fortunate against Boro and Barnsley.  Certainly unfortunate against Cardiff.  Both victories were deserved.

Do I think Jos will be a success?

I have no idea whatsoever. Nobody could possibly tell after those 7 matches.

What I do know is that with the defenders he’s had available and bearing in mind he’s completely changed our formation, his start has been solid if unspectacular.

Some of the absolute garbage I’ve heard from fellow Wednesdayites, writing him off already is the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever heard.

I thought the atmosphere against Birmingham was embarrassing.  Those few who sarcastically cheered Wildsmith when he made a save (after Just collecting the Player of the Month award) should hang their heads in shame.

I could have understood if it was a heartless capitulation but it was two genuine players making two genuine mistakes.  

I knew at half time last week that we’d see what character there was in the dressing room. 3-0 down and a man down. I thought the whole team showed real guts in the second half.

Keep up with the negative vitriolic atmosphere experienced against Birmingham and we all know what will happen.

We now have a team with several young lads from our academy in the 18.  We have a centre half and a centre midfielder that are completely new to the league and the country.  

They need our support.

Get behind them over the next few weeks and you never know they might surprise us.

Its up to each fan to make a conscious choice.

Great post. Agree 100%

It's easy to forget how anxious everyone was going into his first match at bumhole lane. Many of us feared a capitulation. Instead we looked organised, hard working and up for the fight, something which had been missing all season. 

Since then, bar the farce against Birmingham, we have looked an extremely solid, although admittedly uninspiring outfit. I think considering the complete decimation of the squad, the general lack of confidence and the number of untested youngsters who have been forced into action, Jos has done pretty much as well as can be expected. How people expect us to go out and smash teams at the moment is beyond me. 

I agree that it is far too early to say whether or not Jos will be the man for us in the long term. Right now, there are plenty of things going wrong at S6 which worry me greatly; the performance of Mr Luhukay, under extremely testing circumstances, certainly isn't one of them. 

Have to say think the OP is on the money.

The issue is, we just dont know. I think we'll only be able to judge jos in an adult fashion when weve seen him pick a team from all the players we have available.

As it is now its just survival currently.