Any I-Follow users on here?

love the fact i can watch every match, or would be able to, if i was able to subscribe in my not overseas but overseas country.

If i was able to watch it which I’m not i would say its brilliant and the stream rarely drops, not that I’m a subscriber.

if i was able to watch it on my new tv with an hdmi cable, which i cant of course, it would be good if they could synch the commentary.

Respect to all the dancers out there.

I think it is has been really good. Slightly expensive but to be able to watch nearly every game is a great service IMO. 

It has worked fine on my laptop, through my smart TV or my iPad. The only game I seemed to have loads of issues was Bristol City at home. 

The only big downside is not having any commentary. It surely can't be that big of a task to sync audio and video, can it?

I will renew for what is hopefully a far more enjoyable season in August. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Calling all I-Follow users

What's your experience of the I-Follow service so far?

It's obviously opened things right up for fans abroad who can now watch every game right?

Is it more reliable than the old service when streaming?

I've used it a lot, seems to work well for me....never could find a reliable stream before it.

The funniest thing aboiut it is that I moved here 15 years ago, and every year I dreamed of a reasonably reliable streaming service, one that I could put a bit of money back into the club with.

And we finally got it!

We are absolutely wànk again!

lol

Edited by NYCOWL

A few early password glitches but it’s been ok since.

That said, much prefer it when the games are streamed on ESPN3 instead. Multiple cameras, in game replays, commentary. You know, stuff that you expect when watching a live game on a screen.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Not sure I’d bother with it next season, not had issues with the stream or logging in. Just don’t use it enough as I can’t be arsed staying up until 2am for a game to start. I knew that would happen, but though the full match replays would make up for it but they don’t seem to do that anymore.

Barnsley match was the first time I’ve used it in ages and not being able to open commentary and video in different tabs was annoying.

Setup correctly on the right browser it's half decent should I say better than nothing!

I'm happy for what I paid although the service could be better maybe like most apps Netflix etc.. after a period of time things do get better once funding for better equipment has been reached maybe this is something all clubs could help with? 

Offering a decent stream service for home matches could be great for revenue/income so forget I-Follow and setup your own personal service for overseas owls yes there would be an initial lay out but one I'm sure would be recuperated in a short period of time 

Employ a Wednesday legend to-do the commentary and have both integrated with playback options of goals in this day and age with the right setup it's easily achievable and I say with the amount of overseas supporters this could be a great source of income

It's tripe at present.

First of the year you could have the Radio Sheffield commentary on a phone, match video feed (which has no commentary), and use a little app to delay the sound and sync up the to video.

Was brilliant.

Feature was promptly removed.

That, coupled with none of the FA cup matches being shown, really chaps my ass.

It's also quite pricey.  I'm sunk in to the tune of about $350 between iFollow and DAZN (which has Sky Sports televised matches that iFollow doesn't broadcast).

Edited by Indoor Owl

5 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

It's not bad.

Better than paying £42 to watch it live. Only trouble is I'm so close to Hillsborough that I hear the goals about 30 seconds before I see them on ifollow.

Just as well we don't score many really.  lol

That’s interesting, I thought it was the slow internet here in NZ that caused the delay. I will now consider renewing.

Only down side you can’t take your account with you on your travels.

Im in Europe now and it doesn’t work cos of the ip address police.

Edited by CANbus_nz

21 minutes ago, CANbus_nz said:

That’s interesting, I thought it was the slow internet here in NZ that caused the delay. I will now consider renewing.

Only down side you can’t take your account with you on your travels.

Im in Europe now and it doesn’t work cos of the ip address police.

Really? That is strange. I thought as long as you were outside of the UK it shouldn't matter where you watch the games. 

"Full match footage and highlights will be available on iFollow from midday (GMT) the day after a regular season EFL league match."

Is the full match footage the next day 'spoiler free'? Or does it state the final score along with the link? Seems pedantic I know, but kick off times are usually at an ungodly hour for me and would be great to watch in full without knowing the result.

Love it!!  Never had any reliable streams in previous seasons so when this was announced I jumped in for it instantly.  $140 for the full season is a steal, and when the games are on Sky its even better as I can watch it on ESPN with commentary.  Its a shame they can’t currently add the commentary but I can live without that.  Will definitely renew next season.  I watch it through the app on my ipad and haven’t had any issues at all, allows me to watch us while also watching the PL on the tv.

I have been so happy to finally (after 40 years living in Vancouver) be able to watch the team live.  I will not even tell you what being a fan was like through from 1976 to around 1996 (when the audio streaming finally started) - this is my dream come true..

That being said - I would like to complain that earlier in the season you could have 2 tabs open - 1 with the video and 1 with the audio.  Since Christmas this has not been an option - you can only have one stream...

IF iFollow can figure out how to get the audio working on the video feed all would be well.

I do agree that the audio feed cuts off right away (even cutting off the commentators mid-sentence),  I will generally switch to BBC on my radio app but have to wait for the BBC to release Radio Sheffield (usually on the hour) for Praise or Grumble.  Not too worried about the build up because, again, I listen on a radio app.

One option that would be nice would be the ability to watch the game later in the morning (the 4am games like Barnsley last week) are difficult to wake up for.   Not sure how they can do but the technology exists.

Streaming from a laptop or ipad or iphone for that matter to an apple tv does not work at all.  This option would make for a better viewing experience on the big telly...  but as per my initial statement - I have waited over 40 years for this and will take what I can get and see what improvements come down the road.

Too bad this season has been a bust.  We played well earlier this season but Christmas this definitely NOT merry... lol

MLS starting up in two weeks so hopefully the Vancouver Whitecaps will give me reason to cheer up!!!  Quite a few of us have ST for MLS and even one or two Blades fans!!

WAWAW