Any I-Follow users on here?

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Working for me pal , quality  not great but watchable .

Switch over to Windscribe (a Chrome plug-in), you'll find the quality will be much better-  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windscribe-free-vpn-and-a/hnmpcagpplmpfojmgmnngilcnanddlhb

You'll just need to create a username and password.

Opera VPN seems to have terrible download speeds now. No doubt intentionally 

Edited by evaD

Decent enough but a few complaints, the commentary thing as per everyone else and the fact there seems to be an awful lot of games unavailable due to the rights. Bit annoying especially as the games are not available to watch in NZ.

very shabby tonight. I went into chat to talk with somebody on their end. I told him that I wanted to listen to the commentary of the match but all I could here was the station identification. His reply was I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. The commentary started then so I cut him off

23 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Really? That is strange. I thought as long as you were outside of the UK it shouldn't matter where you watch the games. 

Yes no problems watching from NZ with my account.

When I travel I'm unable to watch, as if they take a snap shot of your location when you register maybe? dunno??

Anyway's couldn't log in last night from FInland, first question from the helpful people on the help desk, "are you using VPN" they were not convinced when I told them no.

We won that's all that matters.

Can't wait to be with the owls family at S6 for the villa game

WAWAW

17 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Get a Chromecast dongle.  My PC is hardwired to my router, the dongle is wireless and just connects via USB to your TV.  Works fine.

@Kagoshimaowl "The stream is a bit jumpy and it's nowhere near HD. "

It can stream in 720p HD?  You may not have this selected in the settings?  Click the gear icon on the bottom right of the stream window and make sure you have 720p HD selected.  There are about 4 streaming options, I think it defaults to a lower setting (or one selected to match closest to your connection speed) so check that for the next game!

Overall, I think it's been great.  Very rarely stutters on my desktop, sometimes a little on my TV, but I think it's a Chromecast/wireless issue.  I like not having any commentary, but that's just a personal opinion.  No replays are a bit annoying, but Sky generally have them pretty soon after.  A solid 7/10.  

I think I might be missing something on Chromesast here.

I don’t have the option to cast to my TV...how do you do it?

16 hours ago, owl4528 said:

Does anyone experience problems with the audio from the game being out of sync with video??

It just cannot seem to work in sync, always a lag of 5-20 seconds. So easier just to mute it.

Yes, the audio is always a few seconds behind. I think the fact the crowd noise you get with the live stream is out of sync shows that something else is required to add commentary to it.  I know nothing about the technical side of it but read somewhere its not as simple as just plugging in a mic.  Rob O’Neil was on Owlsamericast in the past couple of weeks and talked about the difficulties in adding the commentary.  I can live without the commentary and absolutely love the fact for the first time in 16 years I can watch every game!!

2 minutes ago, RussianDave said:

The video stream was good quality last night, start to finish. No jitters. The match was also brilliant and the best we have seen from Wednesday for a long time. I hope Joao and Clare play again on Saturday. 

I bet you 100 notes to SCH they don’t both play.

infact I predict one of them won’t even make the squad.

This from Neulion (Ifollow) about putting commentary with the video at their end.

Their answer

It's up to the EFL to put pressure on for it or the clubs to do something about it themselves  nothing will change.