Any I-Follow users on here?

25 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

Stupid me goes to the Full Match Replay section in the app thinking they would be there.

Same here, everybody has had this problem.

I was also told on here where to find them, just seems stupid not to put things where you expect to find them.

I've never really had a problem with the stream itself. My biggest complaint is the baffling decision to stop users running audio/video streams on the same device. I e-mailed their tech support and they shifted blame to the club - although if iFollow are providing the interface then it's their job to overlay the commentary stream that the club provides. 

The number of blacked-out matches is annoying too. It wasn't advertised before purchase that the FA Cup streams were unavailable - and Sky takes more league games than I would like. If we were playing better, we'd be getting barely half our matches. 

Not all that cheap either. I'd only recommend the season-long subscription if you're watching nearly every available match.

8 minutes ago, owl4528 said:

No way! I bought one last night at 6.45pm UK time as i wanted to avoid the problems with Barnsley game.

No f@kin use though!

You'll still be fine for watching the live feed of course, but yeah, these full match replay shenanigans seem bizarrely restrictive. I saw nothing in the FAQs about this either. If you go on the iFollow website and click on the speech bubble icon, bottom right, you can chat with their helpdesk online and maybe sort something out.

16 hours ago, Ronio said:

It would be nice to be able to watch the game and listen to the commentary at the same time.  

This^^^^^^

Great value at less than €3 a game. Not missed seeing a game this season.

Will be the first thing I sort out for next season

Only problems come with patchy internet over in Lanzarote

I've been told by somebody who knows about stuff like this that the profit margins for running a service like this are low. That's why the other lot didn't renew. Part of the problem is that clubs like us the blades Leeds etc will have a decent take up probably in the 1000s where as clubs in the lower divisions the take up would be in the 100s.

Not massively impressed.

The quality is pretty poor. I can watch MLB network in 1080p. This is something like 480p (SD). I get that it’s new but it’s pretty rubbish to be transmitting in that quality in 2017.

We do an in-house stream at work for in house events to everyone’s computer. It’s 1080p and if we wanted to it would be 4K (nobody has a 4K monitor)

On the service as a whole we’re playing Derby tonight. They do their own. I watched theirs for the away game. It’s much better. Commentary. Replays and pre, half and full time analysis. They’re making a proper job of it. And it’s £1 cheaper per game. 

If we’re serious we should bring it in house. This iFollow off the shelf thing is average at very best. 

I missed the boat at the beginning of the season so I have to buy a match pass each time it is available. When you get it, the video is OK, a bit jittery but quality is tolerable. And it does not stop to buffer as some other stream services do. Support service chat is useful and the people on there try to be helpful, except they can't always solve the problem. My main beef is about the web interface which is absolute rubbish. Very confusing, sending you back and forth. The video option on match centre is not always there. For the Barnsley game it never appeared at all, nor did the audio.

By the way the chat girl said that it was the decision of the club not to integrate commentary with video. I can hardly believe that.

All in all, for us overseas fans , it is what we have been crying out for. All you UK VPN users, watch out! Naughty people. It wasn't designed for you lot. Gettootmatch!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Get a Chromecast dongle.  My PC is hardwired to my router, the dongle is wireless and just connects via USB to your TV.  Works fine.

@Kagoshimaowl "The stream is a bit jumpy and it's nowhere near HD. "

It can stream in 720p HD?  You may not have this selected in the settings?  Click the gear icon on the bottom right of the stream window and make sure you have 720p HD selected.  There are about 4 streaming options, I think it defaults to a lower setting (or one selected to match closest to your connection speed) so check that for the next game!

Overall, I think it's been great.  Very rarely stutters on my desktop, sometimes a little on my TV, but I think it's a Chromecast/wireless issue.  I like not having any commentary, but that's just a personal opinion.  No replays are a bit annoying, but Sky generally have them pretty soon after.  A solid 7/10.  

You are a star my friend.  Thanks!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

How do QPR have the stream and commentary? Do they not use iFollow? 

Not sure mate.  Think they may be one of those clubs who did it in house.