Any I-Follow users on here?

1 minute ago, Whitecap Owl said:

I have been so happy to finally (after 40 years living in Vancouver) be able to watch the team live.  I will not even tell you what being a fan was like through from 1976 to around 1996 (when the audio streaming finally started) - this is my dream come true..

That being said - I would like to complain that earlier in the season you could have 2 tabs open - 1 with the video and 1 with the audio.  Since Christmas this has not been an option - you can only have one stream...

IF iFollow can figure out how to get the audio working on the video feed all would be well.

I do agree that the audio feed cuts off right away (even cutting off the commentators mid-sentence),  I will generally switch to BBC on my radio app but have to wait for the BBC to release Radio Sheffield (usually on the hour) for Praise or Grumble.  Not too worried about the build up because, again, I listen on a radio app.

One option that would be nice would be the ability to watch the game later in the morning (the 4am games like Barnsley last week) are difficult to wake up for.   Not sure how they can do but the technology exists.

Streaming from a laptop or ipad or iphone for that matter to an apple tv does not work at all.  This option would make for a better viewing experience on the big telly...  but as per my initial statement - I have waited over 40 years for this and will take what I can get and see what improvements come down the road.

Too bad this season has been a bust.  We played well earlier this season but Christmas this definitely NOT merry... lol

MLS starting up in two weeks so hopefully the Vancouver Whitecaps will give me reason to cheer up!!!  Quite a few of us have ST for MLS and even one or two Blades fans!!

WAWAW

I've never used iFollow but couldn't you have the audio playing from the app on your phone while you watch it on a PC? Obviously not ideal, mind.

Just now, Samurai Blue said:

I've never used iFollow but couldn't you have the audio playing from the app on your phone while you watch it on a PC? Obviously not ideal, mind.

Doesn't work.  You can ONLY have 1 stream.   Used to work the way you suggest - audio on phone - video on computer (or whatever).  As soon as it detects the second connection it shuts everything down.... 

Just now, Whitecap Owl said:

Doesn't work.  You can ONLY have 1 stream.   Used to work the way you suggest - audio on phone - video on computer (or whatever).  As soon as it detects the second connection it shuts everything down.... 

Right, gotcha. Btw, living in Japan for the past decade I can relate to your previous post; could be perfect for me too. Gonna try the £5 Match Pass option out for the next game. Hoping it lets me see delayed coverage without showing me the score! 

My stream here in Hawaii appears to broken. Lately, I haven’t seen any wins, and hardly any shots on goals, much less actual goals, at least from the Wednesday players. Maybe there is an intermittent drop in the feed? Plus, there is a problem with the video feed on the home fixtures, The white bars don’t show up at all on the home kits. What is going on here?

Other than that, I had problems with dropped feeds, for real, in the first months, but not lately. I do miss John Pearson. So much that I listened to the commentary for Birmingham, for video prices. I knew we would finally have a goal fest, and John would be in his top entertaining form. I was disappointed.

But I will renew, because I need my Wednesday fix.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

Not sure I’d bother with it next season, not had issues with the stream or logging in. Just don’t use it enough as I can’t be arsed staying up until 2am for a game to start. I knew that would happen, but though the full match replays would make up for it but they don’t seem to do that anymore.

Barnsley match was the first time I’ve used it in ages and not being able to open commentary and video in different tabs was annoying.

Barnsley game was blocked wasn't it?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely love the fact I can watch every game on it.  Another plus is it's easy to load and use.  I'm crap with computers but it's a piece of cake. 

Now the negatives.  The stream is a bit jumpy and it's nowhere near HD.  Also no commentary irritates me.  My mate who lives here is a QPR fan and he has stream and commentary.  Miss JP and Rob O'Neill.  Don't have to listen to those piggy lovers on Radio Sheffield though which is a bonus!  Overall 7/10.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Right, gotcha. Btw, living in Japan for the past decade I can relate to your previous post; could be perfect for me too. Gonna try the £5 Match Pass option out for the next game. Hoping it lets me see delayed coverage without showing me the score! 

It's worth it mate.  The night games kill me though with the time difference over here!

I use the audio for away games and also any home games I might miss. It's been useful for when I've been on holiday because I can't get radio Sheffield and the online version isn't contracted to do match commentaries. I also use it to watch full match replays if I've missed a good game but as you can imagine I've not watched too many of those this season. 

Word of caution to new users wishing to buy the Match Pass. It expires 24 hours after purchase, so it's better to buy as close to kick off as you can to get the most from the Full Match Replay option (which itself is only available from midday UK time!).

I found this out the hard way, but iFollow chat support bloke was really helpful and refunded my fiver so fair play. Will be repurchasing it before I go to bed tonight.

26 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolutely love the fact I can watch every game on it.  Another plus is it's easy to load and use.  I'm crap with computers but it's a piece of cake. 

Now the negatives.  The stream is a bit jumpy and it's nowhere near HD.  Also no commentary irritates me.  My mate who lives here is a QPR fan and he has stream and commentary.  Miss JP and Rob O'Neill.  Don't have to listen to those piggy lovers on Radio Sheffield though which is a bonus!  Overall 7/10.

How do QPR have the stream and commentary? Do they not use iFollow? 

14 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

It's a bit hit and miss for me.

Sometimes it works fine but other times it won't let me log in. I generally persevere with it for about 20 minutes then give up.

It is poor value compared of player as you got whole matches within about 24 hours .

They now it seems to be few and far between. 

FFS.

On top of the above, the full match replays don't have commentary, also with player you could listen to the oppositions commentary if ours failed, and you could 

listen to different clubs commentary if our team was playing early or later, just a lot more for your money.

Player had one big fault and that was losing connection, but like I said above I would switch onto oppositions commentary, and go back later in the game to see if it had

resolved itself.

Verdict.

ifollow gives a more consistent coverage,

Player gives you more coverage for same money and if you did lose connection you could switch, also full replays had commentary. Also listen to other teams if so wish.

For me player even though had problems was more value for your money

7 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

Not sure I’d bother with it next season, not had issues with the stream or logging in. Just don’t use it enough as I can’t be arsed staying up until 2am for a game to start. I knew that would happen, but though the full match replays would make up for it but they don’t seem to do that anymore.

Barnsley match was the first time I’ve used it in ages and not being able to open commentary and video in different tabs was annoying.

They do but its not in match highlights which is a bit stupid, go to

Matches

Click on Results

Scroll down to desired Match

Click watch on ifollow

Should load with that Match

Top of the page is Full match, below are extended highlights and highlights.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, daleblue said:

They do but its not in match highlights which is a bit stupid, go to

Matches

Click on Results

Scroll down to desired Match

Click watch on ifollow

Should load with that Match

Top of the page is Full match, below are extended highlights and highlights.

Hope this helps.

Stupid me goes to the Full Match Replay section in the app thinking they would be there.

16 hours ago, Swissowl said:

Only way to stream to tv is on a laptop, app doesn’t work.

Get a Chromecast dongle.  My PC is hardwired to my router, the dongle is wireless and just connects via USB to your TV.  Works fine.

@Kagoshimaowl "The stream is a bit jumpy and it's nowhere near HD. "

It can stream in 720p HD?  You may not have this selected in the settings?  Click the gear icon on the bottom right of the stream window and make sure you have 720p HD selected.  There are about 4 streaming options, I think it defaults to a lower setting (or one selected to match closest to your connection speed) so check that for the next game!

Overall, I think it's been great.  Very rarely stutters on my desktop, sometimes a little on my TV, but I think it's a Chromecast/wireless issue.  I like not having any commentary, but that's just a personal opinion.  No replays are a bit annoying, but Sky generally have them pretty soon after.  A solid 7/10.  

I haven't had many problems with streams at all in Europe. Sometimes they may buffer and lose a bit of quality but its ok. The only thing that is annoying for me is that the advertised "Watch Wednesday Live all season" or whatever it was is a load of ballcocks. Its a good first iteration but needs more work. As I mentioned in another iFollow thread, if Wednesday had been playing well and at the top there would be even less matches on the iFollow format. Up to Xmas it was 8 or 9 from 23 were unavailable to watch on iFollow, plus cup games etc. 

2 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Word of caution to new users wishing to buy the Match Pass. It expires 24 hours after purchase, so it's better to buy as close to kick off as you can to get the most from the Full Match Replay option (which itself is only available from midday UK time!).

I found this out the hard way, but iFollow chat support bloke was really helpful and refunded my fiver so fair play. Will be repurchasing it before I go to bed tonight.

No way! I bought one last night at 6.45pm UK time as i wanted to avoid the problems with Barnsley game.

No f@kin use though!