Any I-Follow users on here?

It's actually been fine for me when I've used it for away games, although I only ever use the audio option.

It doesn't work with certain broswer configurations (notably Firefox with various security features enabled) because it relies on Flash/Java being on by default, which I don't like, but I ususally stick it on the iPad and it's always been fine for me on that.

It's expensive for what you get as a UK-based listener. Nearly a fiver a month for 3hrs coverage is far too much IMO - I don't pay much more than that for Netflix, which serves up dozens of hours' content over the course of a typical month, and is available 24/7.

It also needs to start earlier and finish later - since all it seems to do is pipe in the Radio Sheffield coverage from further afield, I don't see why it can't include the build-up and post-match analysis, at least give us 15min either side for a bit of context.

Finally it's very glitchy with any other tabs or software running at the same time - for example, if I'm logged in on Owlstalk at the same time with on-site have notifications enabled, every time a notification pings on here it pauses the live stream on iFollow which says "you cannot have two streams running at once", which is pretty dumb.

Overall 6/10, wouldn't really consider it a good deal but listening options are severely limited if you're just outside the Radio Sheffield coverage area like me.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

It's actually been fine for me when I've used it for away games, although I only ever use the audio option.

It doesn't work with certain broswer configurations (notably Firefox with various security features enabled) because it relies on Flash/Java being on by default, which I don't like, but I ususally stick it on the iPad and it's always been fine for me on that.

It's expensive for what you get as a UK-based listener. Nearly a fiver a month for 3hrs coverage is far too much IMO - I don't pay much more than that for Netflix, which serves up dozens of hours' content over the course of a typical month, and is available 24/7.

It also needs to start earlier and finish later - since all it seems to do is pipe in the Radio Sheffield coverage from further afield, I don't see why it can't include the build-up and post-match analysis, at least give us 15min either side for a bit of context.

Finally it's very glitchy with any other tabs or software running at the same time - for example, if I'm logged in on Owlstalk at the same time with on-site have notifications enabled, every time a notification pings on here it pauses the live stream on iFollow which says "you cannot have two streams running at once", which is pretty dumb.

Overall 6/10, wouldn't really consider it a good deal but listening options are severely limited if you're just outside the Radio Sheffield coverage area like me.

^^^ All this really. It's okay but pretty poor value for money for uk users. And annoying that it just stops seconds after the game.

Poor value for money. Too many games not available to watch. Twice it failed during the game. Once the password locked me out and took 4 days to reset. Only way to stream to tv is on a laptop, app doesn’t work. No possibility to get commentary and audio at the same time even though both are available. No acknowledgement of problems or offers of compensation to emails. 

Very unlikely to renew next year. The old one was average, the new one is about as good as our injury record this season

• Like 1

No better than player I'm opinion and more expensive. Players subscription was for a year as far as I can see Ifollow is just for the season. Over the last couple of weeks the sound quality has been poor sounding like a cheap radio. Also the commentary is about 30 to 45 seconds behind live play. 

For the first game I Iogged in with no problems. Logged out then tried to log in again 15 minutes before kick off only to be told I was using an incorrect password. I requested a new password. The link to do this arrived 3 hours later meaning I'd missed the the game. I contacted support and was asked to send further details so they could look into the matter. This I did. I'm still awaiting the promised feedback. The password problem has happened on 3 other occasions but has been resolved in time to listen to the match. I use dashlane password manager btw. Also on a couple of occasions I have been kicked out for logging on to multiple devices. I wasn't. 

Guest Bulgaria

cant complain too much at all. Where i live the internet service is hit and miss, but when i have good reception all is fine.

Well worth the cash spent, and also we have gained at least 6 new supporters..( my neighbors ) 

It's a bitwank but better than nowt and gave me my biggest anticlimax since getting all 6 numbers on the lottery on 2 separate lines to win 20 quid.....i.e. Preston away first match, new season, new service, reyt excited!!

Fell asleep 10 mins before h/t and woke up just in time for their goal.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

Pay on the dayer here. Great service, shame I can't say the same for the football. Actual stream quality isn't exactly HD though. 

Mostly watch on desktop, but have used the mobile app a few times as well. Both work quite well for a streaming service. 

It's a bit hit and miss for me.

Sometimes it works fine but other times it won't let me log in. I generally persevere with it for about 20 minutes then give up.

It is poor value compared of player as you got whole matches within about 24 hours .

They now it seems to be few and far between. 

FFS.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

It's a bit hit and miss for me.

Sometimes it works fine but other times it won't let me log in. I generally persevere with it for about 20 minutes then give up.

It is poor value compared of player as you got whole matches within about 24 hours .

They now it seems to be few and far between. 

FFS.

I like this feature as I never want to even remember most of our games this season and can't face highlights never mind full match replays.

• Haha 1

It's garbage:

On 10/02/2018 at 12:00, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

it's a pathetic rip off service run by clowns who couldn't stream piss in a urinal. I was so excited when it was announced all matches would be streamed but the service/quality is pathetic. I'd have better quality hacking into the stadiums CCTV.

• Haha 1

I have watched about 8 games on it, 4 of them the video has been fine and flawless. A couple had a lot of buffering and a couple broadcast kept on dropping. So mixed bag video wise.

Significantly, the audio for ALL games has been complete poo ..sync delays of between 5 and 20 seconds. Unbearable. So I've ended up turning on mute.

Despite several complaints to their customer support the issue hasn't been resolved.

So overall, a 5.5/10 for me.

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I like this feature as I never want to even remember most of our games this season and can't face highlights never mind full match replays.

OK good shout .

But as I am about a 400 mile round trip to Hillsborough most of the games I go to are away.

I tend to go to matches from Norwich southwards.

As I go with my 14 year old son he likes to play spot us in the crowd on the replays.

I accept this would be much less fun with a season ticket sitting in the same seats every game.

FFS.

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Think same. But would be technically challenging to keep them in sync

Used to be able to have both running at the same time.  Although it was slightly out of sync.  Sadly they have put some feature that prevents using both audio and video.