Favourite away wins..

6 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

WBA been mentioned a few time, but a different game at the Hawthorns, or is it two. Someone with a better memory can clarify.

About 10 years ago. Evening match, live on Sky, but a big turn out.  0-0 minutes to go, low cross from Brunt, turned in at far post by Burton(?) or was it saved? 1-0.

Was it a different game where big Leon came on as a late sub, got grief from the home fans, but wound up their players and got Robinson sent off?

It was a Friday night. Watched it in a bar in Madrid, on a stag do. 

The 1-1 draw with Brighton in the play offs (which was a win over 2 legs), they hammered us, I went through every emotion possible in that game.

I don't get to many away matches but here's mine

1987 Barnsley 1-2 littlewoods cup. Hirst diving header. I need to see this again!

1992 Forest 0-2 on route to European qualification. My first real away day other than Barnsley!

1995/1996? Leeds 1-2. Booth scored winner

2001 Forest 0-1. Owen Morrison. Went with my newly met lady friend (now wife) who lived in Nottingham, and forest supporting family

2006 Derby 0-2. Last match of the season. so much to drink that day and probably when Derby nicked the 'bouncing' song after 5,000 wednesdayites never stopped

2006 0-3 Barnsley. Nothing special other than its 0-3 at Barnsley 

Others without dates due to alcohol consumption;

0-2 Notts county. Maybe 2011/2012

0-1 Barnsley O'grady and feed the dingles 

7 hours ago, Davidioso said:

The greatest away of all time was the 5 - 1 thrashing of Notts County in 1974, back when they had wooden stands that use to bounce along with you.

I think it was Ron Springett's last game for us, but I could be making that bit up!

I was there as a nipper definitely not Ron Springett's last game could have been Peters though!

Remember being in the terracing in first half and behind the goal second , you could get all the way around those days 

One of the very few away wins around that time but a great one all the same 

11 hours ago, markowl said:

I was there. We didn't play particularly well for most of the match but that's the most mental last few minutes I've ever experienced at any match. Along with the most mental 15 minutes away at Blackburn in the cup when we scored 4. I'm sure limbs were lost on those away ends. No idea where I ended up. Nearly 25 years ago and I can still remember so well. 

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Beating Leicester 3-1 at the Walkers in a relegation decider.

Think it was the 2007/2008 season. Second to last game.

Pretty much a case of whoever lost was going down (bar a miracle).

We went a goal down after one minute (Bullen with the balls up) and then came back with goals from Slusarski, Watson and Clarke.

There were two missed penalties as well. Unbelievable game.

Also the 4-1 Win v Leicester with 3 of the mot spectacular goals you'll see in one match

50 minutes ago, barn_owl said:

I don't get to many away matches but here's mine

1987 Barnsley 1-2 littlewoods cup. Hirst diving header. I need to see this again!

1992 Forest 0-2 on route to European qualification. My first real away day other than Barnsley!

1995/1996? Leeds 1-2. Booth scored winner

2001 Forest 0-1. Owen Morrison. Went with my newly met lady friend (now wife) who lived in Nottingham, and forest supporting family

2006 Derby 0-2. Last match of the season. so much to drink that day and probably when Derby nicked the 'bouncing' song after 5,000 wednesdayites never stopped

2006 0-3 Barnsley. Nothing special other than its 0-3 at Barnsley 

Others without dates due to alcohol consumption;

0-2 Notts county. Maybe 2011/2012

0-1 Barnsley O'grady and feed the dingles 

I went to all those bar Barnsley in 87 - great times.

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

1984 v Cardiff City was my favorite, 

Wednesday Fans on 3 sides of the ground

Ending 14 years exile outside the top flight, it could never be that long again could it?  

It's 18 and still counting 

2 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Away to Chelsea, 1991 league cup.

Yes.  Superlative performance.  The one snag was that at 2-0 they were pretty well dead on the ropes, and we could easily have had a third....so we all left very conscious that it was far from over.

There was a newspaper report the next day which started "Sheffield Wednesday stand at the gates of Wembley..." made my air stand on end

2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Yes.  Superlative performance.  The one snag was that at 2-0 they were pretty well dead on the ropes, and we could easily have had a third....so we all left very conscious that it was far from over.

There was a newspaper report the next day which started "Sheffield Wednesday stand at the gates of Wembley..." made my air stand on end

Yes, when the second goal went in I knew it was just possible.

20 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Blackburn 1 Wednesday 2

1980 Promotion season.

Ticker and Spider

Scenes!

I was at loads of the games mentioned and they were all classics - but this was THE game for me...mainly because after watching Wednesday for 11 years before this season id never experienced a feeling that things really were on the up before...plus I was a daft youth of 19 years old so everything was an adventure!! What a brilliant game/experience it was!!

Edited by Prendo's boots

6 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

But the return leg? The longest football game in history. The final went really quick.