Favourite away wins..

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

The game everybody's talking about was in 1990 when we were a goal down until the last couple of minutes and won 2-1.

I remember this other 1-0 win game though - largely because it was on my birthday, and I'd just bought myself (cos nobody else would) one of those newfangled Xbox 360s that morning and had to switch it off to watch the match. WBA had 2 players sent off in injury time, but I can't remember what for.

I was going to say two, but thought my memory might be playing tricks. It was all Leon winding them up and wasting time with the ball by the corner flag. I remember Robinson swinging a leg to chop Clarke down. He just got up smiling, knowing a red card was coming. Can't remember the other player, but sure it was down to Clarke too.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I was going to say two, but thought my memory might be playing tricks. It was all Leon winding them up and wasting time with the ball by the corner flag. I remember Robinson swinging a leg to chop Clarke down. He just got up smiling, knowing a red card was coming. Can't remember the other player, but sure it was down to Clarke too.

Clement and Carter apparently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/6534927.stm

Most of my fav away days have been mentioned, couple that haven't was the 2-1 win at Man United on New Years day in early 80s and the the 2-1 win at Portsmouth which put a stop to Pompey promotion party, think it was Michael Reddy with a last minute winner, crazy scenes. 

I've seen us win at both Manchester clubs , Liverpool , Chelsea , Spurs plus many many more but being from Rotherham and beating the mighty Millers at Milmoor Don Valley and NY stadium over the last 40 odd years will always be the most satisfying for me . 

6 hours ago, Shifty Powers said:

For me, Birmingham away in Carlos first year.

Westwood injured during the game, Lee injured during the warmup, absolutley peeing down with rain. Losing 1-0 at halftime.

Then we scored one of the best team goals ive ever seen and Hooper completes the turn around.

Add to that the famous video of those brummies in the executive box when we scored our second - it was a superb weekend!

Soaked wet through walking back into Birmingham, but absolutely buzzing.

Special mention to Newcastle on Boxing Day and Brentford too.

Birmingham stands out with me too went mental me and my lad 

Newcastle away in the cup ( the Bus miss )  we bossed that night and me and my lad had a a right good night out , Remember stood on the top of a bridge with a few lads singing Wednesday songs till I came to my senses and looked down and thought Christ we were so high got us down sharpish !! Memories eh . 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

8 hours ago, Striggy said:

Has to be the 2-0 victory at Anfield for me.  Sat in what was almost a subterranean seat on the touchline watching the game from boot level.  The ball was out of sight when on the floor on the far side due to the camber on the pitch.  Sat right behind Varadi when he hit it, took forever, and could not tell if it would go in or not due to the very narrow angle of the goal.  Went mental!  Got drunk in Castleton on way home, was absolutely buzzing.

I got unbelievably drunk that night, was only about 18 and couldn't handle my drink very well, went in every pub on Wicker when we got back.

Crawled home and spent most of night with my head looking down bog. :wacko: