People sat near you at matches

Where I sit there's usually 2-4 kids sitting in the row behind. Well instead of kids I refer to them as little s h I t s. Nearly every match there's a free seat infront of them and their constantly moving it with their feet. So for the entire match you can either hear them kicking the seat down or you can see it moving out the corner of your eye.

Then half the time they get bored and they never stop eating, 2 or 3 times their up and bring back sweets or drinks jumping over the seats.

Edited by agentwalker

13 hours ago, Ian said:

How does Susan know you are talking to her.....what if there are 4 people all within reaching distance of the gravy.....appending the name of one of those would get you the gravy quicker otherwise all 4 would assume one of the other 3 would pass it and by the time you got it it would have skin on it and be cold.....a bit like a Jones pass

i thought your annoyance was at using Christian instead of surname so I'm even more perplexed that the usage of any name drives you mental

Thank you for the reply Ian. I know I am irrationally annoyed by the lady in question Ian. I have the issue not her Ian. There is nothing wrong with it really Ian.

Going back to the gravy I don't care who passes it to me, Ian, as long, Ian as I receive the gravy Ian. If there's only one person with the gravy Ian I know they are the person I am speaking to, in much Ian the same way Ian as a footballer with a football is the only one that can make a pass Ian.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:57, @owlstalk said:

Anyone near you really annoy you?

Like getting players names wrong... or turning up late/leaving early every time meaning you gotta stand up to let them past etc?

I sit on the North stand wing nearest the kop. I don't get to see the same faces as most of the 'so called fans' are different every week. Must be a load of freebie tickets in that area. That probably accounts for the fact they pi** off early on about 65 minutes.

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Where I sit there's usually 2-4 kids sitting in the row behind. Well instead of kids I refer to them as little s h I t s. Nearly every match there's a free seat infront of them and their constantly moving it with their feet. So for the entire match you can either hear them kicking the seat down or you can see it moving out the corner of your eye.

Then half the time they get bored and they never stop eating, 2 or 3 times their up and bring back sweets or drinks jumping over the seats.

We have the same, parents sit behind them and let them annoy everyone else. Once had to report them to a steward for throwing water bottles which nearly hit an elderly lady on the head!

I have the displeasure of sitting two rows in front of a Karl Pilkington lookalike in the North, he spends his time going through each player to his kids telling them how bad they are. Unfortunately it seems we have many 'managers in waiting' at Hillsborough and he is one of them, genuinely one of the most annoying c***s i have ever come across.

Fortunately next to me I have two old chaps who talk about where they went to eat last night, what they are having to eat tonight and also how many times their wives manged to give them one during the week. Literally spend the whole game looking away from the pitch. When we scored against Boro one of them asked which player scored, when i replied 'Di Piedi' he went 'cheers mate, always rated him'. 

Best insult was the other week when the linesman played on, even though a Brum player was a mile offside. A oldish chap 50-60 stood up a row across from me with two fingers in the air and screamed, 'LINESMAN...........SMELL YOUR MUM'*

*probably had to be there :tango:

6 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

wawaw  , unless that is if you fart, you shout inane rubbish, you moan, you are up and down all game , you disturb someone , you arrive late and leave early ,lol this thread is ace ,

Now you've started it, someones bound to sit near a person who does all of the above. :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

I've been at Hillsborough many times and seen bananas thrown at black players. That's in the days of standing. You could move. I've seen black linesmen given terrible abuse. 

I remember we were playing orient amd winning 2-0.they had a black winger and out so called fans pelted him with bananas.

Second half he took wednesday apart and the match ended 2-2. Well done that winger 

Who remembers a Chelsea winger called canaville. He got the same treatment and every match he took us apart. I remember the league Cup wf against Chelsea and we went in 3 up. Second half canaville came on and tore us apart despite free supper our fans gave him. The game finished 4-4 with sterland equalising in injury time from the spot. 

Sadly I've come across some terrible people on the kop. At least you could move. And it was always gratifying when their targets raised their game and took us apart. The zombies never saw the link. 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

I've been at Hillsborough many times and seen bananas thrown at black players. That's in the days of standing. You could move. I've seen black linesmen given terrible abuse. 

I remember we were playing orient amd winning 2-0.they had a black winger and out so called fans pelted him with bananas.

Second half he took wednesday apart and the match ended 2-2. Well done that winger 

Who remembers a Chelsea winger called canaville. He got the same treatment and every match he took us apart. I remember the league Cup wf against Chelsea and we went in 3 up. Second half canaville came on and tore us apart despite free supper our fans gave him. The game finished 4-4 with sterland equalising in injury time from the spot. 

Sadly I've come across some terrible people on the kop. At least you could move. And it was always gratifying when their targets raised their game and took us apart. The zombies never saw the link. 

It's odd how you seem to delight in slagging off the alleged poor behaviour of Wednesday fans (and current players, despite posting recently that you haven't been to Hillsborough for 20+ years).

I started going to games in 1981, 37 years ago yesterday as it happens, and although I've heard of this disgraceful banana throwing racism happening around the late 70s at Wednesday and at other clubs, and I'm certainly not denying that it ever happened, I never once actually saw it happen at Hillsborough when I went. I've certainly heard black players being verbally abused but seen nothing thrown at them. That Chelsea game you refer to was in 1985, so I'm convinced this didn't happen and the practice had been stamped out long before then. Ironically Chelsea fans were amongst the worst for racism and used to racially abuse Canoville themselves.

• Thanks 1