People sat near you at matches

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Why does that drive you mental?

Because people just don't communicate like that in real life. "Please pass the gravy" is a phrase said every day I imagine. You wouldn't say "Please pass the gravy Susan" because you're talking to Susan, I suspect Susan would know her name if she were not fictional, she doesn't need it appending to any communications aimed tin her direction. In much the same way as David Jones probably doesn't need his name appending to a squark from the back of the north stand advising him to pass the chuffing ball forwards

Remember being at Newcastle once, think it was the game we won 2-1 and went top of the league early in the season, this stupid middle aged woman was behind me who'd invented her own "hilarious" nickname for one of our players. Every time Nolan got the ball she'd shriek "Go on Linda, go on Linda".  Excruciating.

Not SWFC but every time I watch Arsenal on the telly playing at home there's a woman who screams THE LOUDEST SCREAM IN THE ENTIRE STADIUM every time the away team has a chance of scoring. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Old woman sat behind me is infuriating. Her voice and the words that are sounded by it. Clueless and interspersed with about sixty repetitions of “come on Wednesday” each match. 

Guy in front who throws an absolute wobbler several times a match. I really fear for his mental health if football gets him that worked up. 

Guy a few rows in front who likes to do the sarcastic applause fifty times a match. 

Oldish bloke and his daughter who like to turn up five minutes after kick off, leave five minutes before half time, return five minutes after the restart and leave five minutes before full time. Seriously, what the fizz is the point?

Apart from that they're a lovely bunch. 

I reckon I could well be sat near you ... There is a woman a few rows behind me whose voice grates beyond belief and I'm certainly a candidate for being the said loon.  Alternatively, the grounds full of basket cases.  

So go on then, which stand are you in? 

21 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Old woman sat behind me is infuriating. Her voice and the words that are sounded by it. Clueless and interspersed with about sixty repetitions of “come on Wednesday” each match. 

Guy in front who throws an absolute wobbler several times a match. I really fear for his mental health if football gets him that worked up. 

Guy a few rows in front who likes to do the sarcastic applause fifty times a match. 

Oldish bloke and his daughter who like to turn up five minutes after kick off, leave five minutes before half time, return five minutes after the restart and leave five minutes before full time. Seriously, what the fizz is the point?

ive now read through the replies and whilst I'm also in the south, I think I'm a bit lower down ...

Got head butted last season after a dispute after seats. They've fooked off now. Theres a copper who sits a few rows in front. He pulled his badge out and calmed the situation down at the time. Only thing is he's gone down to the stewards and totally misinformed them regarding the situation. He told them I had provoked the feller. We were discussing seats and I told him to sit down, but you can ask a hundred people around me, non of them will tell you I swore or called the individual any names. So the stewarding team are now preparing to deal with someone who has been aggravated, but not to deal with a potentially randomly violent individual.

Same guy hates Wallace, sarcastic clap and begs him not to shoot. walks through his row when he leaves like hes wee wee tail of the wall, goes to the toilet at half time all like...'ill see you next week not coming back!' Then re-appears all like...'decided to come back and give it another go.' Always has to be centre of attention.

Absolute fart muncher...hope he sees this post.

We've had STs for six years now (got them when the kids started gettting interested).  Quite far back in the North which I like.  (Went to row 20 for the cup match and didn't like that).  Seats behind us and to our left used to be empty except for big games, now claimed by STHs.  Others near us give the impression of having been there for years.

There's a gentleman in the back row who shouts "move!" at the top of his voice and in very angry tones whenever - well, whenever he considers our players need more dynamism.  Can be fair comment, but can be badly timed: and probably a bit unrealistic about what our players are realistically capable of achieving.

Group immediately to my right irritates me by sometimes occupying one of our seats when they are joined by a friend: think they must have done this before we arrived on the scene.  Move when asked to.  Curiously inert most of the time.  They never sing hi ho.  They never sing at all, nor boo. 

21 hours ago, bradowl said:

Bloke sits on our row 20 on kop and must see less than 30 mins of game, he's always late, gets up about 20 mins in and goes for a fag, comes back 10 mins later, then he's off again on 40 mins and doesn't return until 10 mins into 2nd half, then he's off for a fag again on about 65 - 70 mins, comes back then about 10 mins from end he gets up saying match was poo and he's seen enough and off to pub. 

If I smoked I would have done this this season.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

bet you sit in north ,kop end with that woman who shouts come on wednesday every couple of minutes

I once sat on the kops and walking down the pitchside was a stunning blonde, she caught me stating ,eaved and then sat with her friend.

Saw them giggling and smiling at me.

At fulltime I built the courage to go up and talk to her.

Just as I was about the say something,i noticed the Adams apple 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mrgund said:

Not SWFC but every time I watch Arsenal on the telly playing at home there's a woman who screams THE LOUDEST SCREAM IN THE ENTIRE STADIUM every time the away team has a chance of scoring. 

That will be Arsene. lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Because people just don't communicate like that in real life. "Please pass the gravy" is a phrase said every day I imagine. You wouldn't say "Please pass the gravy Susan" because you're talking to Susan, I suspect Susan would know her name if she were not fictional, she doesn't need it appending to any communications aimed tin her direction. In much the same way as David Jones probably doesn't need his name appending to a squark from the back of the north stand advising him to pass the chuffing ball forwards

How does Susan know you are talking to her.....what if there are 4 people all within reaching distance of the gravy.....appending the name of one of those would get you the gravy quicker otherwise all 4 would assume one of the other 3 would pass it and by the time you got it it would have skin on it and be cold.....a bit like a Jones pass

i thought your annoyance was at using Christian instead of surname so I'm even more perplexed that the usage of any name drives you mental