People sat near you at matches

8 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

There's a lady that sits near us who shouts for all the players by their first name. Has done it for years. "Go on Keiran!!, get him Tom!!! You can do it Marco!!!"

Drives me mental

You wouldn’t like sitting next to me, I do the same.

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone near you really annoy you?

Like getting players names wrong... or turning up late/leaving early every time meaning you gotta stand up to let them past etc?

Last home game 2 blokes (mid 40’s) sat behind us and just didn’t shut up from 2.45 onwards!

This wasn’t football talk, this was mostly like two old women nattering over the garden fence. 

It sounds so trivial I know but it did my head in!

With those 2 behind me and what was going on football wise it took me 3 days to calm down!

Three blokes behind spend all game telling each other latest scores from every match in Europe and who's scored. Couple three seats on from me  *eg, 1)walk in at 3:02. 2)walk out at 3:41 3)walk in at 4:03 4)she sounds like a witch and watches approx 7 minutes from 90. He's an ignorant tw@t. 

But it's the part timers that occasionally take position near us I detest more. Seriously yet to have one that has ever watched us before. 

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone near you really annoy you?

Like getting players names wrong... or turning up late/leaving early every time meaning you gotta stand up to let them past etc?

All the time. The once a blue moon supporters the free ticketers. The ones your making too much noise brigade???? I get very close to reading one or two

Back in probably the 90s/early 2000s in the days before most people had mobile phones let alone ones with internet, they used to periodically put up the latest scores from around the country on the electronic scoreboard. There was this old bloke who sat behind us who used to read every single one out loud in a surprised sounding voice, even the irrelevant ones.  Scores would come up and you'd hear "Oooh, Swindon are winning 1-0", "Bristol Rovers and Walsall are drawing 0-0" etc.  So wanted to turn round and yell in his face "yesweknowwecanfuuckingread"

• Haha 3

Just now, alanharper said:

Back in probably the 90s/early 2000s in the days before most people had mobile phones let alone ones with internet, they used to periodically put up the latest scores from around the country on the electronic scoreboard. There was this old bloke who sat behind us who used to read every single one out loud in a surprised sounding voice, even the irrelevant ones.  Scores would come up and you'd hear "Oooh, Swindon are winning 1-0", "Bristol Rovers and Walsall are drawing 0-0" etc.  So wanted to turn round and yell in his face "yesweknowwecanfuuckingread"

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Old couple next to me and our lass on kop who see everything through there blue tinted spectacles. Every throwing should be ours, every opposition tackle is a free kick and every Wednesday foul is the best tackle they've ever seen! Coupled with high pitched screams of "get in to him!" Every 5 mins does my box in.

3 minutes ago, CohenTheBarb said:

Old couple next to me and our lass on kop who see everything through there blue tinted spectacles. Every throwing should be ours, every opposition tackle is a free kick and every Wednesday foul is the best tackle they've ever seen! Coupled with high pitched screams of "get in to him!" Every 5 mins does my box in.

I see nothing wrong with that. but them I am a biased tw8t. I am king of the biased tw8ts.

• Haha 1

There’s a guy who sits a couple of rows in front of me on the south.

He wears a high vis vest, has a bowl cut with glasses and whenever anybody stands up or says anything vaguely naughty he turns round and tuts at them. Sometimes if you’re unlucky he’ll catch you on the way out the gangway and bleat on about nawty boys pointing on Hillsborough corner. Think I overheard his name as

Joffrey or Geoff or something like that. 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Old woman sat behind me is infuriating. Her voice and the words that are sounded by it. Clueless and interspersed with about sixty repetitions of “come on Wednesday” each match. 

Guy in front who throws an absolute wobbler several times a match. I really fear for his mental health if football gets him that worked up. 

Guy a few rows in front who likes to do the sarcastic applause fifty times a match. 

Oldish bloke and his daughter who like to turn up five minutes after kick off, leave five minutes before half time, return five minutes after the restart and leave five minutes before full time. Seriously, what the fizz is the point?

Apart from that they're a lovely bunch. 

Good view from the grandstand though. :ph34r:

Agree with all of these - although over the years I’ve warmed to sarcastic clap man. Doesn’t feel like ive been at a Wednesday game if he hasn’t done it at least 5 times and enjoy it when I correctly  guess the moment(s) that will prompt it.