Fans at games abusing their own players

The only players what should get abuse are the 1s not giving 100%. nowt worse than a lazy footballer earning millions but not putting a shift in. Fox gets abuse but he works hard , he just ain't good enough.its the manager what picks poor players or buys them .it'  them what need earache. Leave players alone. 

31 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Some fat bloke and his kids in replica shirts telling you to run faster...players must have the patience of 100 saints

Its yer remit though mate lol

I can totally understand where you are coming from......but

We are the audience......Yea Its total hypocrisy, but WE pay..THEY get paid

You go to a car showroom and say 

"That Mercedes is a bit expensive TBH"

The bloody salesman doesn't say

"Could you build it..... fat c...Vnt?

In an ideal world no players would get booed or abused during games, no fans would moan about the league position, players, manager, chairman, ground, price of beers at the ground etc etc

We're not in an ideal world though 

It happens and no amount of moaning about it will stop it 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

In an ideal world no players would get booed or abused during games, no fans would moan about the league position, players, manager, chairman, ground, price of beers at the ground etc etc

Well you're just moanin about moanin' now..you f.ookin' moaner

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It does happen everywhere, but I think it is particularly bad at Hillsborough. I guarantee that if it’s nil nil on Tuesday night against Derby and Reach/Venancio/Jones misplaces a pass inside the first 15 mins 100 blokes behind me in the North Stand will give them dogs abuse. 

And then we wonder why players aren’t busting a gut to get back from injury and play for us! It’s mindless.

These ‘supporters’ are making it harder for their own team to be successful. 

I know i’ll get they are grown men, they get paid £xxxK a week, but they aren’t robots and a big problem for us is that we don’t have the characters in the team - possibly other than Wallace to take it on the chin.

We lack leaders, at the moment we lack quality and crucially we have played a part in draining the remaining players of confidence.

Abuse hasn’t worked! On Tuesday use that energy and frustration to back the team! 

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Fans that boo their own players during the game are m0ngs, what do they think it's really going to achieve? We do seem to have the highest idiot percentage in the country, can we not make them take IQ tests before we allow them in the stadium?

They don't think it will achieve anything. It's big man syndrome. They think they can impress people by being critical of a particular player, it shows how vast their knowledge of the game is because they can see faults lesser humans can't. If the player then makes a mistake they can use it as proof of their superior analytical skills.

All bollicks obviously but anyone can be supportive so they feel they are more impressive being negative. Not everyone obviously but quite a few fit this category.

It's destructive though, praise works much better than criticism in improving performance. As a manager I found that to true in nearly all cases. Praise good performance publicly but criticise performance privately and offer encouragement and guidance on how to improve. That's the opposite of a fan gobbing off at a player during the match.

If fans cheered a good tackle, pass or whatever and kept quiet when a mistake was made, the manager and coaches could correct the defects in performance privately. The players would have more confidence and play better.

The fan mouthing of at a player is more likely to be an idiot rather than an expert.

A lot of fans think their ticket price buys them the right to criticise the players, I can understand that point of view to some extent but on the other hand it means our players are going to underperform their potential. You pay your money you make your choice. 

6 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Very simplistic but some fans understand the game enough to give an informed opinion and others just.......don’t. 

Some very good players in the past that have received unjust abuse from those that fall in the latter category. The likes of Bob Bolder, Zico, Chris Morris, Shezza (one game), Brighty (incredible!), to name a few and unbelievably more recently arguably our player of the season (not hard I admit) Adam Reach. Sometimes some of our fans need to look at what a player does not what he doesn’t or can’t do. 

To be fair Chris Morris was absolutely shocking when switched to full back. But he gave 100% and never hid. Not his fault the manager picked him 

16 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Big men dishing out from the stands but their ar5es would probably fall out if a player confronted them back.

Wrong again..mcburnie and hamill wer givin it the big un yday heading towards the tunnel and most of us found it amusing..we just gave some light hearted fingers and shuffle signs and offered em out

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

The only players what should get abuse are the 1s not giving 100%. nowt worse than a lazy footballer earning millions but not putting a shift in. Fox gets abuse but he works hard , he just ain't good enough.its the manager what picks poor players or buys them .it'  them what need earache. Leave players alone. 

Fox might improve with time, I remember Tommy Spurr struggling at first when we moved him to left back and fans were slagging him off, became a very good player eventually.