Fans at games abusing their own players

Obviously didmt go from 2000 to 2010 ? 

Ashley Westwood , tommy spur, Darren purse , beevers, Martin Taylor , dean smith to name just a few received dogs abuse, and far far more joined in. So,e of those palmers were poor but they didn’t deserve what they got off our so called fans . 

Probsbly the same same ones who adore that odious little creature forestieri 

The reality is that it is easy to criticise. I'm not saying it's right, but it is easy and there's no shortage of platforms.

It's one thing doing the complaining in the heat of battle of matchday ( something I am guilty of ) and completely another when you have time to consider what you want to say online.

The difference now compared to pre-Internet days is that the criticism continues online long after the final whistle.

Footballers by nature generally have big egos and think they will struggle to stay off forums/twit/Fb to see what fans think.

There are a number of players who come in for routine abuse ( and deservedly or not ) the comments they see will not do anything to help them play better.

There is no escape for them, they are constantly under the microscope particularly so here in S6.

We seem to have a section of 'supporters' who are all too keen to do anything other than well 'support'

We are entitled to have a moan, of course we are, but it never seems to end.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Happens at every club and as been for years. Fans have a right to voice frustrations. If a professional player can’t handle it they shouldn’t be in the job.

I don’t mean the general frustration; I mean the outright abuse I’m talking about. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Obviously didmt go from 2000 to 2010 ? 

Ashley Westwood , tommy spur, Darren purse , beevers, Martin Taylor , dean smith to name just a few received dogs abuse, and far far more joined in. So,e of those palmers were poor but they didn’t deserve what they got off our so called fans . 

Probsbly the same same ones who adore that odious little creature forestieri 

I’ve been going since a child in the mid 1970’s - I’ve had a season every season for 30 years. 

I physically cannot help but shout abuse at Lucas Joao , the way he half heartedly tracks back, pretends to tackle, gets pushed off the ball by players half his height, never forward thinks only reacting at the last second having already lost possession usually.

Genuinely drives me insane that he's a championship level professional footballer.  

People work in sht jobs and rely far too much into a football club on a Saturday to make them happy.

Beer starts flowing...no wife there...they really don't give a sht...its open duck season...and god forbid you've paid to be there and the players earn more money than you ever will...as if a normal human can earn that amount of money by doing something he enjoys..'I'll learn him a lesson in the real world.'

I remember the fans building a gallows on the north stand when Darren Purse was out of form and scuffed two back passes..people lost their minds.

Its always happened...Mel sterland took abuse in his first season....Chris Morris got dogs abuse for no apparent reason at times....We played him at centre half once...forget which idiot of amanager put him there he was about 5ft...f.ooked off to Rangers or Celtic I think...

Happens everywhere....

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always happened...Mel sterland took abuse in his first season....Chris Morris got dogs abuse for no apparent reason at times....We played him at centre half once...forget which idiot of amanager put him there he was about 5ft...f.ooked off to Rangers or Celtic I think...

Happens everywhere....

Went To Celtic.:tango:

2 hours ago, pachyderm said:

The internet certainly hasn't made the world a better place though... 

It hasn't made it worse either, it just allows shallow mindless people to expose themselves for the idiots they actually are in a way that we wouldn't have been privy too in days of old.

That's not aimed at you mate, just a general observation.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Played well for them as well If I recall.....

I always get Rangers and Celtic mixed up cos of the sorta seamless similarities in all things football an' religion lol

Turned out to be a pretty decent full back for them in the end.Also went on to play for Ireland.

34 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Fans that boo their own players during the game are m0ngs, what do they think it's really going to achieve? We do seem to have the highest idiot percentage in the country, can we not make them take IQ tests before we allow them in the stadium?

Aye that would add to the Matchday experience...sat next to some tw *t called Tarquin, who  applauds f.ookin' everythin' in case he infringes some full backs "Human rights"

"Of course he can't tackle...he's not violently inclined..he could hurt someone...Give me a player that talks the ball off a winger using logic and a freeflowing argument"...

"The keeper didn't make an effort to save that..simply because it was a Jolly good shot and the forward deserved his reward"

Give over..........

Edited by asteener1867

16 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Why do people get so wound up about owt..so what if some of our fans boo or moan..it really isn't that important..you would have to be rather strange to stand there clapping like a seal on speed thru some of our recent 'performances'

Agree and we are entitled to have a chunter if a player is pants.

It's hard not to have a dig sometimes, especially a player is earning decent money and repeatedly makes pi-ss curdling errors.

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard