No Team Could Withstand A Similar Injury Crisis

22 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It was always going to be a tough ask for Pelupessy to come in and hit the ground running given the environment he’s come from to the one he’s come to.

I think we’re more likely to see whether he and Van Aken are actually up to it next season at the earliest?

Two very underwhelming players brought in when we needed better quality , seems all we buy lately are second rate european players or over age crocks from these shores, shocking recruitment by whoever fetched em in 

57 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wallace

Jones

Boyd

hunt

reach

fox

wildsmith

Rhodes

Fred

Pudil

Loovens

all available for the past few weeks.   Hardly 2nd string.... in fact many on here would say they should be in our starting 11.   maybe not Fox... i will give you that one.... but replace him with Atty.  Not a bad side on paper is that, and very expensive.

Injuries are becoming an accepted excuse for our inept displays.

Why is that a very expensive team?

Only Rhodes and Reach would fetch some decent money

55 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wallace        Free transfer

Jones           Free Transfer

Boyd            Free Transfer

hunt             Free Transfer (i think)

reach           Big fee

fox               500k max

wildsmith     Academy

Rhodes       Yes big fee but not 10 mil

Fred            Loan

Pudil           We did buy dunno price

Loovens     Free (we all know he's past it)

all available for the past few weeks.   Hardly 2nd string.... in fact many on here would say they should be in our starting 11.   maybe not Fox... i will give you that one.... but replace him with Atty.  Not a bad side on paper is that, and very expensive.

Injuries are becoming an accepted excuse for our inept displays.

Hardly expensively assembled

Luck is part and parcel of the game, and there’s no doubt that we’ve been dealt a rough hand With 14 players out though, it beggars belief that we didn’t bring in some emergency loans to help the lads out We’re sleepwalking towards relegation

Whilst I agree that no other club would cope with 14 first team players out I would expect any other team going through such a crisis would have done whatever was possible to bring in a couple of players during the transfer window to help tide us over and ensure our safety for the season. If DC decided not to do that because either we didn’t have any money to even go towards loans or he just thought we will be okay with what we have got that imo is very naive and very poor behaviour from a business man. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Whilst I agree that no other club would cope with 14 first team players out I would expect any other team going through such a crisis would have done whatever was possible to bring in a couple of players during the transfer window to help tide us over and ensure our safety for the season. If DC decided not to do that because either we didn’t have any money to even go towards loans or he just thought we will be okay with what we have got that imo is very naive and very poor behaviour from a business man. 

Yes exactly, it’s hard to believe that money couldn’t have been found for a couple of loan players As others have pointed out, even if that had put us in breach of FFP rules, it would only be minimal, and the circumstances are such, that I don’t think they would have come down on us

Also, if we’re not going to play him, we could sell/loan George Hirst

I think  this argument is trying to make out is we would be in top 2-3 if all were fit lol think you will find we were nearly at full strength for hudds playoff debacle , started season at preston with most players available , we went to brum,burton,bolton with a full strength  squad even forestieri was on the bench at burton,and played at preston . even at full strength this squad this season would have been mid table without a doubt. the team available at present is the worst team in league with Barnsley ,but the last 14 games where we only have 10pts ,hooper played at forest were we looked so threatening going forward ,without hooper that day we would only have 7pts from 14 games . 

of course 14 players out is unheard of and no team could cope with that . what we have got to do is back whoever is fit ,the players who are playing are all trying there best ,the injury situation has been caused by a number of things,having several players who are never going to be fit don't help the injury numbers before you start , lee,hutch,loovens,hooper,abdi,mataias fletcher  lees westwood hunt forestieri  have all had many injuries ,niggles and operations over past 18 months .so bannan van akin ,boyd(now fit) really are the only players with fresh injuries .

until we don't have the long term consistently getting injured players on our books ,this huge list of players out will continue, yes some of them were rushed back to try to get premier league gold ,its well documents lee and forestieri shouldn't have played towards end of last season, and that hutch has to be rested for  every other game. 

Guest Bulgaria
41 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why is that a very expensive team?

Only Rhodes and Reach would fetch some decent money

Do you think Jones, Boyd, Fred, Wallace just to name a few are playing for buttons?

Its not all about the transfer fee.

I get people might disagree with me, but many many championship teams would like to have our available first 11 right now.

Guest Bulgaria
46 minutes ago, wattagit said:

Hardly expensively assembled

I would guess that if a buyer wanted some of those players and you were the owner, your value on them would be rather large.