No Team Could Withstand A Similar Injury Crisis

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

we certainly cant that's for sure ....I think the sides we've been turning out since jos arrived have done all that can be expected of them . 

Sorry mate, but the likes of

Reach

Lucas

Rhodes

Jones

Wildsmith

Atty

Hunt

Fred

Loovens

Boyd

Wallace

All available for selection during the past few weeks should be doing much much better. This injury situation as much as its obviously a factor in our league position is becoming an excuse for our performances.

The players above are hardly scraping the barrel.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Sorry mate, but the likes of

Reach

Lucas

Rhodes

Jones

Wildsmith

Atty

Hunt

Fred

Loovens

Boyd

Wallace

All available for selection during the past few weeks should be doing much much better. This injury situation as much as its obviously a factor in our league position is becoming an excuse for our performances.

The players above are hardly scraping the barrel.

but there's no creative players .....when comes to stopping the opposites they have a chance but when it comes to creating chances it's gonna struggle . 

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

but there's no creative players .....when comes to stopping the opposites they have a chance but when it comes to creating chances it's gonna struggle . 

Reach, Boyd, Wallace and lucas are all capable of creating chances, ive seen it with my own eyes. I dont disagree we need more, but i think we should be doing much better with the players available.

Also, its not just creating chances.... when was the last time we scored from a set piece or a corner?  The players available are not 5ft 4, we have some tall buggers in there, what do we do in training..... someone get a ruddy head on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In regards whats caused this problem don't think you can point at just one thing

A lot of the initial injuries stem from impact during a game and then my honest opinion is we've tried to rush them back

then you have the likes of Tom Lees and Bannan playing through minor injuries but making them worse this for me can

be placed firmly at the door of Carlos.
It certainly appears JL has a different mindset in this respect not risking players for the longer term and with so many 

long term injuries who can blame him Carlos was saying we'd see FF back around now but JL saying he may return before

end of season as its a 7 - 9 month recovery from the op he had

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Reach, Boyd, Wallace and lucas are all capable of creating chances, ive seen it with my own eyes. I dont disagree we need more, but i think we should be doing much better with the players available.

Also, its not just creating chances.... when was the last time we scored from a set piece or a corner?  The players available are not 5ft 4, we have some tall buggers in there, what do we do in training..... someone get a ruddy head on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you named 3 wingers but we don't play wingers and they have to play in the centre midfield which isn't there forte ...I can well understand why he plays 5 at the back with pelupessy not far in front of them .what little  strength we have at present (imo) is all on the work hard and defend side of the game and the brum game apart they've done pretty well at it all things considered . 

18 minutes ago, Animal said:

Sorry don’t agree with that, he proved last season we weren’t good enough even when the better players were available 

Sorry, I don'e agree with that. We finished fourth last season. This suggests to me that we were good enough when we had most of the full sqad available. (FF 36 appearances, Lee,27 apps., Hooper 24apps., and Hutch 33 apps.)

The performances may not have been as free flowing as the previous season when we finished sixth, but the final position was an improvement.

1 hour ago, wattagit said:

The injuries are real and with so many 1st choice players out even the big boys wouldn't cope

SWFC                           Man City                     Man Utd                       Liverpool

Westwood                    Ederson                      De Gea                         Mignolet

Hunt                             Walker                        Valencia                        Clyne
Lees                             Kompany                    Bailey                            Virgil
Loovens                       Otamendi                   Jones                            Matip

Bannan                        Kev DB                       Pogba                           Henderson
Lee                               Silva                           Matic                            Lalana

Hutchinson                  Fernandinho                Herrara                        can

hooper                         Aguero                        Sanches                       Salah
Fletcher                       Jesus                          Lukaku                         Mane

Abdi                             Sterling                       Martial                          Firmino
van aken                      stones                        smalling                        Lovren

not for one minute saying our players are of the same quality but in terms of importance to us and there respective teams they are

but i guarantee that none of them 3 clubs would be anywhere near the top 4 if they had those players out for the length of

time ours have been missing

But people have been saying how good our squad is for the last 18 months??? As in, the players that were playing all the time were apparently only playing because they were Carlos' favourites? Well now they're all out, look at the state of us! 

Also, on City:

Their strongest eleven: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Kompany, Mendy, Fernandinho, D Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero 

Players who can come in: Bravo, Delph, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Yaya, Gundogan, Foden, B Silva, Jesus 

I don't agree that the "back ups" wouldn't be anywhere near the top 4. 

Point being, that is REAL depth, which some people think we had...

1 minute ago, HalfFull said:

Sorry, I don'e agree with that. We finished fourth last season. This suggests to me that we were good enough when we had most of the full sqad available. (FF 36 appearances, Lee,27 apps., Hooper 24apps., and Hutch 33 apps.)

The performances may not have been as free flowing as the previous season when we finished sixth, but the final position was an improvement.

when all are fit we have a good team and if they are allowed to play with the shackles off it becomes  very good team . 

53 minutes ago, torryowl said:

This exactly. The new boy Joey I'm sure would have had a big impact playing at the side of a creative midfielder to take the pressure off.

1 hour ago, HalfFull said:

No need for facts on here that's not what's required at all. 

Last season was poo Owlstalk said so and everyone should have realised after finishing 6th then 4th we needed a change. 

3 hours ago, e6owl said:

Carlos and DC did always say they wanted 2 players for every position and that's now paying off - we have a set of decent lower half of the championship players to fall back on. The only problem is Carlos never gave any of these players time on the pitch and they've been thrown in at the deep end - totally unprepared for what's coming. 

Why would you play back up players when 1st team players are available?