The Collective Mentality Of All Within SWFC Has To Change...

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

I didn’t read it like that. I read it as that we should stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Yes it is sh*t and hard work but playing the victim only has one outcome.

we’re Sheffield Wednesday and need to start getting some arrogance back that we so often get accused of.

Finally, somebody can take it for what it is / was.

The old saying of whatever is happening behind the scenes or front and centre openly... you dust yourself down and go again, until such a time that a final event puts to bed any of the above but very public listed issues.

2 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

So answer me this oh clever one... where have i disagreed with the things going wrong with the club overall? Nowhere, hence I've even pointed the main ones out for balance!

However, I've tempered this mindset of mass negativity, that just gets worse and worse as the days and weeks draw on... with a huge dose of realism on the back of it; that 'we' cannot focus anywhere near 100% on the negatives, or it consumes everybody involved with the club and wrecks what people want to see achieved. It certainly is not Elon Musk'esque science now.

to finish, don't place me into the same boat as whoever you are referring to in times past - where I am in no way, shape or form attacking any fan that doesn't want to accept failure... what totally absurd remarks.

Yet you don't seem to have a problem with putting anyone in a "Clique" ?

2 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

Finally, somebody can take it for what it is / was.

The old saying of whatever is happening behind the scenes or front and centre openly... you dust yourself down and go again, until such a time that a final event puts to bed any of the above but very public listed issues.

There are fans on here that have been "Dusting themselves down and going again" for years mate....

Doesn't mean you have to cheer the f.ookin' mess on a football forum...at the ground..Yea I agree...its totally self defeating to slate the players....but once you get home and you have watched sodding dishwater...you have a right to post it

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Having read the OP again maybe I was too harsh on this particular topic but my point still stands

I'm fine however you want to see it Neil. If my double edged sword approach can instigate just a minority of up-feeling around the club at present, with a little reverse psychology, then I've done my bit.

I have in nowhere stated people shouldn't have views, opinions, ability to call out what they believe to be happening and whether based on fact or just assumptions... but it is like a virus if it is allowed to increase further and get to an untenable level.

There has to come a point that we all try to look at the facts as we see them more collectively, or that we believe them to be and how can we as supporters affect things in a better way to bring about a more positive environment; beyond just shouting at home players from from the stands and sometimes even our own fans getting all angst with one another in person. Or worse still, going as far as berating the chairman often, the players, or families of those or indeed other fans online. (I am not berating anybody, if that isn't clear enough)  

It has been said before, that we DO have a role to play as a part of this business / lifestyle including finding or making positives, and yes even when things are really crap, like this season... do we just keep moaning and it increasing, even if the issues are increasing - or do we take a proactive approach and wipe the slate clean that we have a cloth for... or just throw our arms in the air after a good whinge and resign oneself to 'we have absolutely not part to play and I don't want to play anymore'.

It is all well and good people putting their thoughts forward but they are rarely mixed with any positive forward thoughts, ideas or actual actions that can be taken for the better of us all at large.

Mind you, it's the British way to just whinge and not really do anything positive but only focus on the negatives and let that take over completely.

I won't apologise, that's not my way - whether it means some people trying to 'score' humour / like / trophy points on an online medium, so be it.

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Sleep walking our way into league 1 ... But don't dare moan though. 

lol

Where have I claimed in the OP that people aren't entitled to moan or whatever you or anybody else wants to label it. This is one of the exact issues with supporters it seems, they only want to see how they take something that is said or put forward, even if what they are actually thinking, is incorrect.

Come on for christ sake, really... I'm fully aware of the need to point negatives out through life and especially when something has a cost to it, where that cost isn't delivering a perceived or expected value or return but then again; it's a well known British value, that we over subscribe to being a negative nation that relies more on a reactive mindset, than trying to decrease this and uplift to a proactive and more positive one, out of the initial negative point.

4 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I'm fine however you want to see it Neil. If my double edged sword approach can instigate just a minority of up-feeling around the club at present, with a little reverse psychology, then I've done my bit.

I have in nowhere stated people shouldn't have views, opinions, ability to call out what they believe to be happening and whether based on fact or just assumptions... but it is like a virus if it is allowed to increase further and get to an untenable level.

There has to come a point that we all try to look at the facts as we see them more collectively, or that we believe them to be and how can we as supporters affect things in a better way to bring about a more positive environment; beyond just shouting at home players from from the stands and sometimes even our own fans getting all angst with one another in person. Or worse still, going as far as berating the chairman often, the players, or families of those or indeed other fans online. (I am not berating anybody, if that isn't clear enough)  

It has been said before, that we DO have a role to play as a part of this business / lifestyle including finding or making positives, and yes even when things are really crap, like this season... do we just keep moaning and it increasing, even if the issues are increasing - or do we take a proactive approach and wipe the slate clean that we have a cloth for... or just throw our arms in the air after a good whinge and resign oneself to 'we have absolutely not part to play and I don't want to play anymore'.

It is all well and good people putting their thoughts forward but they are rarely mixed with any positive forward thoughts, ideas or actual actions that can be taken for the better of us all at large.

Mind you, it's the British way to just whinge and not really do anything positive but only focus on the negatives and let that take over completely.

I won't apologise, that's not my way - whether it means some people trying to 'score' humour / like / trophy points on an online medium, so be it.

Always  an ulterior motive for folk who disagree?

Rob...

Your "Utopia" doesn't exist in football...anywhere

Its like Uri Geller an' mass spoon bendin' mate.....

I admire your ideals and see where you are coming from, but its not realistic.

You know some folks coping mechanisms are to laugh in the face of adversity...To slag it all off...To be hypocritical...

You will never get ALL on Owlstalk singing from the same Hymnsheet..nor should it be like that..It would be boring as f.ook.

Most lads who post critical stuff on here...shout themselves hoarse at Hillsborough....Some have had season tickets through worse trials than this one....and still trotted down to support the Owls....

Have they no right to moan at what gets served up...for these prices...after 2 decades of false promises....?

Can they not even give vent to their angst on here?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

See...this is where it gets annoying..

I take your points on board....but simply because I disagree with some of them...doesn't put me in some sort of f.ookin' "clique"...it simply means I disagree with some of them...

I could accuse you simply of "Going against mainstream opinion cos you are attention seeking"..I don't do that...I take your opinion as a valid point of view...whether I agree with it or not.

I don't neg them....I don't insult you because of them...nor do I put you in a f.ookin' box because I happen to disagree with them

BANG ON

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I respect your your opinion and agree with much of it 

I’m just against lumping everyone in together, talks of ‘cliques’ or attacking a platform like Owlstalk in general 

sick to the back teeth of these truefans (not yourself) coming on who can’t habdle mature debate and immediately attack people on here or elsewhere and criticise them based on how many games they attend or how long they’ve been supporting Wednesday over the years or how many away games they’ve managed to get to

But it will never end because people have mates to lolok Cool in front of 

I get that

it just grates on me and I snapped against your original post too much and I apologise mate

of course we should all be more positive in general ideally

but we should also never be afraid to be able to debate the issues like contracts, players missing or any of the other issues currently at the club without attacking each other 

Im bored of all the tedious trolling and abuse that goes on between fans and other fans 

Anyway up the owls mate. sorry again. And fooooook the haters up their backsides 

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sick of fans blaming fans and and Websites for our current situation

take your ire and land it on the chairman’s doorstep and not here

fans are within their rights to question when things go wrong as often it’s the only thing that makes things get changed for the better 

anyway you’re entitled to your opinion 

I for one am sick of fans attacking other fans and websites for daring to point out that we need improvements and asking why the entire first team isn’t playing for us 

Bang on the Money Neil