The Collective Mentality Of All Within SWFC Has To Change...

I think that it is about time, that a large enough contingent of our supporter base, who are hellbent on complaining about absolutely everything and anything SWFC related, take a look at themselves and the definition of 'Support', reason with yourselves for once.

Yes we've been gash this season.
Yes we're in some kind of mire at present.
Yes there 100% has to be something behind the smoke and mirror(s) of the injury decimation in our 150th debacle of an anniversary.
Yes, we as fans are from all backgrounds and walks of life, all manner of career paths etc - that hate being treat by the hierarchy at the club, with contempt at times and it again feels that this is happening due to the point above.
Yes we shouldn't have signed various players in the past 18 months, that we did.
Yes we should have strengthened more urgent positions in the past 18 months, that we didn't for too long.
Yes, we're now paying the price for this.
Yes we're paying PL prices, for what seems like wholly undervalued product.
Yes we can lay some blame at the players.
Yes we can lay some blame at the owners door.
Yes we can lay some blame at the previous managers door and that of his coaching staff.
Yes we can try and blame JL also but he's working within the confines of whatever he has been told he has to work with.
Yes we can lay some blame upon ourselves as supporters TOO!
Yes we'd have liked to have been promoted this year.
Yes it hurts more than many care to admit, that we're stuck 3/4 the way down the league, with clubs who we don't like to see above us.
Yes our pride that we gained 2 or so years ago, is now well and truly dented the length and breadth of the UK.
Yes some are concerned about us being relegated.

Yes, SWFC is a project in progress - get used to it.

However, NO we cannot become metaphorically suicidal at the position that we find ourselves in RIGHT NOW, as the past is now the past and what has gone before, we CANNOT change ffs!

Super negativity becomes a mindset for all concerned and in effect eats deeper into Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, that with increasing regularity breeds irrecoverable psychological torment, frustration and at times anger - which renders any recovery of any of the above listed issues, limited in their chances.

We cannot get to the playoffs, so finishing 7th is nothing but to do with pride as supporters, I don't care for pride right now - there are bigger issues to solve.

Whilst mathematically possible, we will unlikely go down a league.

Enjoy your families, your friends, associates, work, hobbies or interests to take our minds of how bad things really feel throughout our wonderful club at present.

When match-days come around in the near future, remember all of the above points though and be thankful that those who are asked to play, of which nearly half are likely to be from the development squad - we cannot expect anything more, than for them to make sure they put enough in, that we remain a Championship club 2018/19.

Truly, that is all that matters this season and that we end this season and use the summer to patch up our pride, dust ourselves down and hope to god that next season lessons are learnt by ALL involved in SWFC.

Enjoy your weekends folks.

UTOEWWAS

Edited by robster_owl
  • Like 1

Sick of fans blaming fans and and Websites for our current situation

take your ire and land it on the chairman’s doorstep and not here

fans are within their rights to question when things go wrong as often it’s the only thing that makes things get changed for the better 

anyway you’re entitled to your opinion 

I for one am sick of fans attacking other fans and websites for daring to point out that we need improvements and asking why the entire first team isn’t playing for us 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I think that it is about time, that a large enough contingent of our supporter base, who are hellbent on complaining about absolutely everything and anything SWFC related, take a look at themselves and the definition of 'Support', reason with yourselves for once.

Yes we've been gash this season.
Yes we're in some kind of mire at present.
Yes there 100% has to be something behind the smoke and mirror(s) of the injury decimation in our 150th debacle of an anniversary.
Yes, we as fans are from all backgrounds and walks of life, all manner of career paths etc - that hate being treat by the hierarchy at the club, with contempt at times and it again feels that this is happening due to the point above.
Yes we shouldn't have signed various players in the past 18 months, that we did.
Yes we should have strengthened more urgent positions in the past 18 months, that we didn't for too long.
Yes, we're now paying the price for this.
Yes we're paying PL prices, for what seems like wholly undervalued product.
Yes we can lay some blame at the players.
Yes we can lay some blame at the owners door.
Yes we can lay some blame at the previous managers door and that of his coaching staff.
Yes we can try and blame JL also but he's working within the confines of whatever he has been told he has to work with.
Yes we can lay some blame upon ourselves as supporters TOO!
Yes we'd have liked to have been promoted this year.
Yes it hurts more than many care to admit, that we're stuck 3/4 the way down the league, with clubs who we don't like to see above us.
Yes our pride that we gained 2 or so years ago, is now well and truly dented the length and breadth of the UK.
Yes some are concerned about us being relegated.

Yes, SWFC is a project in progress - get used to it.

However, NO we cannot become metaphorically suicidal at the position that we find ourselves in RIGHT NOW, as the past is now the past and what has gone before, we CANNOT change ffs!

Super negativity becomes a mindset for all concerned and in effect eats deeper into Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, that with increasing regularity breeds irrecoverable psychological torment, frustration and at times anger - which renders any recovery of any of the above listed issues, limited in their chances.

We cannot get to the playoffs, so finishing 7th is nothing but to do with pride as supporters, I don't care for pride right now - there are bigger issues to solve.

Whilst mathematically possible, we will unlikely go down a league.

Enjoy your families, your friends, associates, work, hobbies or interests to take our minds of how bad things really feel throughout our wonderful club at present.

When match-days come around in the near future, remember all of the above points though and be thankful that those who are asked to play, of which nearly half are likely to be from the development squad - we cannot expect anything more, than for them to make sure they put enough in, that we remain a Championship club 2018/19.

Truly, that is all that matters this season and that we end this season and use the summer to patch up our pride, dust ourselves down and hope to god that next season lessons are learnt by ALL involved in SWFC.

Enjoy your weekends folks.

UTOEWWAS

That would have been better in power point.

• Haha 4

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Sick of fans blaming fans and and Websites for our current situation

take your ire and land it on the chairman’s doorstep and not here

fans are within their rights to question when things go wrong as often it’s the only thing that makes things get changed for the better 

anyway you’re entitled to your opinion 

I for one am sick of fans attacking other fans and websites for daring to point out that we need improvements and asking why the entire first team isn’t playing for us 

Bizarre isnt it.

The Op even goes as far as listing all the disasters, then still has a go at the fans for being dissappointed.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Bizarre isnt it.

The Op even goes as far as listing all the disasters, then still has a go at the fans for being dissappointed.

Spot on.....

Chairman  of the White Star line 1912..

"Yes we hit a f.ookin' iceberg..."

Yes..We said it was unsinkable"

"Yes it f.ookin' sank"

"Yes ..folk died"

"Yes..We didn't have enough lifeboats"

"But moaning about it?...Whats yer point?"

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s always the same

was the same when black balloon was happening and all the cool kids in Burberry attacked those who put a spotlight on our club going so badly horrendously wrong 

fans attacking fans for opinions is the lowest of the low 

Truefan syndrome.

It's somehow seen as disloyal to ask questions or ask for better.

Every fan has different expectations and levels of happiness.

Never understood the need to attack fellow fans just because they arent as happy as you.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

but it’s all Owlstalks fault

Thats whats so bloody bizarre about some of the comments....

Just because we have a moan on here, doesn't mean we trot to Hillsborough and slate the team from the off...Most don't...most howl them on..Thats your remit as a supporter...

Surely its better to to air your dirty linen in private, along with other Owls fans, than publically howl at the moon and the playing staff...

What do folk want...total subservience..across all bloody formats?

Its been abject Sheeite this season....."Ho hum" and a rallying call means jack!

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats whats so bloody bizarre about some of the comments....

Just because we have a moan on here, doesn't mean we trot to Hillsborough and slate the team from the off...Most don't...most howl them on..Thats your remit as a supporter...

Surely its better to to air your dirty linen in private, along with other Owls fans, than publically howl at the moon and the playing staff...

What do folk want...total subservience..across all bloody formats?

Its been abject Sheeite this season....."Ho hum" and a rallying call means jack!

This.

Owlstalk has always been a great medium for letting out frustration and having a moan. It's cathartic.

It bares no relation to what I do at Hillsborough.

Do some think we would have had the statements from DC , the survey regarding prices, the defending of the players we have signed etc..If no f.ooker had moaned on here?

Its not a sodding souffle that hasn't risen..Its the bloody whole club turning into a shambolic mess that concerns a lot of Owls fans....

Do we say nowt?

I don't trot out onto the Kop and immediately launch into a critical tirade against the club...I sing "Hi Ho"...I support them through the 90 minutes....and yes..When I get home ..I simply state what I have seen and my opinion on what I have seen....and this season what I have seen...not shouted at during the game...What I have seen has been terrible...

Where do I take that....Do I kick the f.ookin' cat?